Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Is there a reason why he can’t play right ot

Carolina played him at guard last year just out of necessity. But he could play either guard spots and right tackle. In theory he could push Ford and Nsekhe. Good depth to have though. Probably more talented than Jon Feliciano, though ai do like Feliciano. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Hopefully Edge first, we already scored DS in the third and aren't in dire need to upgrade on him.

We are in need of actual human beings in the Running Back room, however. The kid from Memphis (just re-watched the Memphis/Cincinnati game) and he has power that Singletary doesn't have. Will he be there in the 4th round ??

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Title says OT but he’s Mostly a G now 

He was coming off a bad injury going into last year, so I guess he played G because he physically wasn't up to snuff at RT.

But we shall see. 

For the first time since the Kelly era, Buffalo actually seems to be a destination for players. Good ownership, management and fan base go a long ways to what we are seeing.

Imagine if we get a new, indoor stadium?

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

His natural position is RT.

He was grossly miscast in 2019 in Carolina.

Interesting. Wonder where they will pencil him in first.

"...Before his injury in 2018, Williams had been in line for a big contract after a 2017 season in which he started 16 games for the Panthers at right tackle. Pro Football Focus gave the 2015 fourth-round pick out of Oklahoma a grade of 78.0 that ranked third among right tackles in the NFL."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28959740/source-bills-sign-ol-daryl-williams-1-year-deal

Still only 28 years old.    Well worth taking a chance on...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

So does this leave us with Edge rusher, and RB for the draft?  Or just best available?  I can see Beane packaging picks to move up to get starters in 2nd and 3rd round since we are pretty good with depth, and late rounders may not make the team.  Just my opinion.

I think the moves today (Gaines and Williams signings) created depth and opens the doors to drafting best available.  IMO Edge rusher and RB seem to be biggest needs as of now.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

He possibly can't because Feliciano is better at guard (so far) than Ford. But still it certainly creates good competition!

That may not be so if they actually settle on a position for Ford and let him focus.

• Like (+1) 2