Montana: Patriots 'made a mistake' with Brady leaving

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Yeah, he played in Orchard Park in the Championship game. That's a good season.

A good ending to the season, you mean.

BB needs 56 more regular season wins to be all time HC in wins.  Is that what people think he is going for?

He's 68 and would need at least another 5-6 seasons to get that (maybe more if he goes into a complete rebuild).

I can't see him coaching at 74.  If he doesn't luck into a QB (like he did last time) by next year he will hang it up IMO.

I am shocked he hasn't named his kid DC yet.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Just like the 49'ers did, Joe?

Who is New England’s Steve Young?

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

BB needs 56 more regular season wins to be all time HC in wins.  Is that what people think he is going for?

He's 68 and would need at least another 5-6 seasons to get that (maybe more if he goes into a complete rebuild).

I can't see him coaching at 74.  If he doesn't luck into a QB (like he did last time) by next year he will hang it up IMO.

I am shocked he hasn't named his kid DC yet.

I don’t think he cares about that ranking. Regardless, many will consider him the best head coach 5he game has ever saw. I think he just wants to make a run at 1 more SB to show it wasn’t all Brady.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In some ways I agree and disagree. I’m glad to have seen Guys like Marino, Kelly and Elway retire with the team that drafted them. Would’ve been weird if we traded Kelly and saw him in a different uniform.

He was almost going to sign a FA contract with the upstart Baltimore Ravens

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

He was almost going to sign a FA contract with the upstart Baltimore Ravens

That would’ve been a disaster. Would’ve been a shame to see Kelly not only playing in a different uniform but seeing him being benched for playing poorly as he was definitely a shell of his former self in 1996

6 hours ago, Success said:

To a man, they have all talked themselves into Stidham.  Because "reports out of camp" said the coaching staff loves him.

Yeah, like we all talked ourselves into believing EJ would evolve into a starting level QB. I really hope they roll stidham out this year and play juuuuuuust well enough to miss out on trevor lawrence.

22 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly, they have ZERO cap room. They were gonna be in trouble with or without Brady. Brady only helped there chance to make a run for the division and nothing else. Brady saw the team was declining  around him and wanted no part of it as he knew it’s only going to get worse 

Hummm, defensively they were terrible too. No, wait .... they were pretty darned good. A team in need of some WRs and TE is what they were.

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Hummm, defensively they were terrible too. No, wait .... they were pretty darned good. A team in need of some WRs and TE is what they were.

Their defense got exposed after The Ravens beat them and they were mediocre at best the second half of the season. And yes Offensively they were declining.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:57 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

The mistake was trading Garoppolo.

I digress. JG is good enough to win you games but not good enough to win you the big game. He will never win a Super Bowl unlike Brady, they squeezed one more out of him. New England will likely draft one this year but by then it’ll be too late. The Buffalo Bills will be a well oiled war machine at that point with Josh Allen and company hitting stride.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, HOUSE said:

Image result for joe montana

I don't know what's going on inside there, but somebody made a mistake," Montana told Jarrett Bell of USA TODAY Sports, regarding Brady's free-agent move to Tampa Bay. "I think when you look at the whole situation, you try to figure out how you want to get away from things that are there. I had a different story, where they had made a decision. He, obviously, they never would have gotten rid of. I still don't understand how New England let him get away. I don't understand that"

"I don't know exactly what he's looking for, but my understanding was that he's just looking for more control of the offense. But I don't know. I haven't had a long conversation with him; I talked to him a little bit at the Super Bowl, but not enough time to really get in-depth."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107625/article/montana-patriots-made-a-mistake-with-brady-leaving

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 3/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Fans worried about NE getting a broken down Cam or Andy Dalton.

I disagree with those fans looking for Cam or Andy.

I think NE will bite the bullet and swallow a sucky season or two to get out of cap hell. Kinda like the Bills did.

The big variable: will Belichick stick around without Brady--with the patience to do a rebuild? I predict No BB.

16 minutes ago, boater said:

I disagree with those fans looking for Cam or Andy.

I think NE will bite the bullet and swallow a sucky season or two to get out of cap hell. Kinda like the Bills did.

The big variable: will Belichick stick around without Brady--with the patience to do a rebuild? I predict No BB.

I do too.

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I digress. JG is good enough to win you games but not good enough to win you the big game. He will never win a Super Bowl unlike Brady, they squeezed one more out of him. New England will likely draft one this year but by then it’ll be too late. The Buffalo Bills will be a well oiled war machine at that point with Josh Allen and company hitting stride.

So would you take House or Stidham over Garappolo? Because that's the Patriots QB room right now.