Montana: Patriots 'made a mistake' with Brady leaving

Image result for joe montana

I don't know what's going on inside there, but somebody made a mistake," Montana told Jarrett Bell of USA TODAY Sports, regarding Brady's free-agent move to Tampa Bay. "I think when you look at the whole situation, you try to figure out how you want to get away from things that are there. I had a different story, where they had made a decision. He, obviously, they never would have gotten rid of. I still don't understand how New England let him get away. I don't understand that"

"I don't know exactly what he's looking for, but my understanding was that he's just looking for more control of the offense. But I don't know. I haven't had a long conversation with him; I talked to him a little bit at the Super Bowl, but not enough time to really get in-depth."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107625/article/montana-patriots-made-a-mistake-with-brady-leaving

Edited by HOUSE

I don’t think even despite buffalos growth Brady was winning squat in New England. AFC is a tougher road IMO than the NFC. There was no reason for Brady to stay there given the state of the team. They have ran it almost into the ground 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think even despite buffalos growth Brady was winning squat in New England. AFC is a tougher road IMO than the NFC. There was no reason for Brady to stay there given the state of the team. They have ran it almost into the ground 

Exactly, they have ZERO cap room. They were gonna be in trouble with or without Brady. Brady only helped there chance to make a run for the division and nothing else. Brady saw the team was declining  around him and wanted no part of it as he knew it’s only going to get worse 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Technically he did have a very productive season with KC. Injuries and concussions got to him. 

Yeah but long-term it was the better move to move on from him.

5 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Yeah, he played in Orchard Park in the Championship game. That's a good season.

Wasn’t it Bruce that hit Montana? I remember Montana got his bell rung pretty good but can’t remember exactly who hit him

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but long-term it was the better move to move on from him.

With Steve young on my roster I would’ve done the same thing

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wasn’t it Bruce that hit Montana? I remember Montana got his bell rung pretty good but can’t remember exactly who hit him

Yes it was Bruce, but it was Joe's arm that failed him. He was trying to warm it back up on the sidelines and was grimacing visibly. The crowd cheered this. I distinctly remember.

I will not be shocked if BB tanks.  People say he never would, but he's pretty smart, and knows his NFL history. He's seen what has happened to teams like the Bills, who stay just competitive enough to muster a 7-9 most of the time & stay out of reach of the top QB talent.

If they did tank and get Lawrence, think of the collective groan from the rest of the NFL world.  He'd probably enjoy that, also.

• Like (+1) 1

2020 or 2021 or 2022

i wouldn’t be picking Patriots to win Super Bowl WITH Brady.  Another 1-2 division titles?  Sure.  But not the Super Bowl.

So just do it now.  Start now and maybe you get your new program implemented sooner.

its not like Brady was 32 and they were letting him go and missing out on 160-190 more games.  They are missing out on having him for 32 - 40 more games.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The mistake was trading Garoppolo.

Not in the least!  It was a tactical move that backfired.  With Jimmy shipped off and out chasing adult film cougars in San Fran, the Patriots thought that Kraft’s ‘bad behaviour’ would cease.  Little did they know...