Sign in to follow this  
Clemfield2622

EJ Gaines is back!

On 3/27/2020 at 4:51 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Pretty much echo the same thoughts. Good player when healthy. Maybe since it’s a one year deal he’ll take extra precautions

You mean like social distancing / keeping at least six feet away from wide receivers?

18 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Norman gave up 7 tds on only 46 targets 

9.7 yd/tgt  129.0 passer rtg when targeted.

Those numbers are absolutely terrible. 

Here are KJ's #s for comparison.

Gave up 0 tds on 44 targets

6.8 yd/tgt  79.8 passer rtg when targeted

Joe B was able to spin something positive about those #s?

So we are going to just ignore that Norman played in a system that didn’t fit him?

20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Norman may have a healthy history but he was literally one of the league's worst cbs last year. His last good year was 2015 with McBeane.

I understand the difference in systems and I hope he is much better back with McBeane but at 33 I'm not counting on it. 

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we are going to just ignore that Norman played in a system that didn’t fit him?

I mentioned the difference in systems two posts before the one you quoted.

No team plays exclusively man or zone coverage. I think I read that the Bills played man 33% last year, not sure if that's accurate though.

Bottom line is Norman has not played well for a few years now and expecting him to turn that around at 33 is a risk and far from a given. I hope he does, but I also hope that going into the season they are not counting on it.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Norman gave up 7 tds on only 46 targets 

9.7 yd/tgt  129.0 passer rtg when targeted.

Those numbers are absolutely terrible. 

Here are KJ's #s for comparison.

Gave up 0 tds on 44 targets

6.8 yd/tgt  79.8 passer rtg when targeted

Joe B was able to spin something positive about those #s?

I think if these 2 players switched teams last year, the numbers wouldn't follow the player. KJ's numbers in Washington's defense last year would have been just as ugly as Norman's were. I believe Norman's numbers would have been pretty good if he played here last year. I'm expecting a good, bounce back season for Norman.

Wait a minute, this is a EJ Gaines thread. Sorry.

Edited by Dopey

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I mentioned the difference in systems two posts before the one you quoted.

No team plays exclusively man or zone coverage. I think I read that the Bills played man 33% last year, not sure if that's accurate though.

Bottom line is Norman has not played well for a few years now and expecting him to turn that around at 33 is a risk and far from a given. I hope he does, but I also hope that going into the season they are not counting on it.

I will reserve judgement till I see what he plays like back with mcD

• Like (+1) 1

IF gaines stays healthy he will take Normans spot. Doubt Norman makes it past training camp. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dopey said:

I think if these 2 players switched teams last year, the numbers wouldn't follow the player. KJ's numbers in Washington's defense last year would have been just as ugly as Norman's were. I believe Norman's numbers would have been pretty good if he played here last year. I'm expecting a good, bounce back season for Norman.

Wait a minute, this is a EJ Gaines thread. Sorry.

Bills are covering their back side. (see what i did there ) with depth. Even if all 3 are playing situational and match  up football , this could work out well for the  Defensive backs and Coach Frazier

Edited by 3rdand12