EJ Gaines is back!

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My problem with him is not that he didn't live up to his bountiful contract so much as he was atrocious for an extended period of time ( as you noted a season and a half) regardless what his salary was. If he were a minimum salaried player based on his play he would still be considered an underperforming player. 

Sure. But in a system that as his skills declined his lack of suitability for showed up more. I also think he chucked it in a bit last year - on a terrible team. It might not work out but I am reasonably hopeful. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Unfortunately this is true

Well obviously he can’t, we was effective in 17 and didn’t do anything after that year, I believe he went to KC and didn’t do anything cause he was injured most of that year. He got cut and came back and got injured before the season even started got cut didn’t play for anyone else the rest of the year and now we sign him back again and probably we’ll cut him again. Its a waste of time to sign someone you know is injury prone and someone you can’t rely on. Especially when there’s better players still in free agency that’s worth’s contract more than Gaines

Everyone knows he is injury prone

backup corner

very good when healthy

probably super cheap

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Everyone knows he is injury prone

backup corner

very good when healthy

probably super cheap

This a competition move, building up a highly competitive and deep camp is worth it. Low risk high reward for us, Gaines getting one last crack at making the team again. 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

He’s going to be fighting for his NFL life and that’s good for the Bills.  Beane is dedicated to creating competition for every roster spot. 

This is a keen observation that has been lost in the excitement.
Beanes and McD spoke about the iron sharpening iron thing. Creating fair competition is a fairly excellent way to get the most out of players. Whom are naturally competitive and driven that way.
and keep bringing in some one who is working hard to take your job.
Players all know it up front.

just an excellent and honest method of Team building to be the best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Bring back Jonathan Williams!  

I didn't think it deserved its own thread, but we do have an opening.

I actually brought this up in a thread somewhere. He looked pretty good for the Colts in spot duty. I think he would be a good change of pace to Singletary. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I actually brought this up in a thread somewhere. He looked pretty good for the Colts in spot duty. I think he would be a good change of pace to Singletary. 

I'll never understand why the Bills cut Jonathan Williams. He looked really good in the preseason for Buffalo. I know coach McDermott says it wasn't for any character reasons, but I can't help but think Williams was somehow not a culture/process fit. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'll never understand why the Bills cut Jonathan Williams. He looked really good in the preseason for Buffalo. I know coach McDermott says it wasn't for any character reasons, but I can't help but think Williams was somehow not a culture/process fit. 

I totally disagreed with that move. I think there were two factors at bay there. First Williams didn’t offer any special teams prowess. Secondly, McDermott wanted to keep Mike Tolbert to establish his culture. I didn’t love that they kept Tolbert, but it made some sense. The one that got me was keeping journeyman Joe Banyard who was Kelly Skipper’s guy for culture in the room. Banyard was cut in October or something and they kept Taiwan Jones for special teams. Williams should have made that team over Banyard. 

• Like (+1) 3