Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clemfield2622

EJ Gaines is back!

Recommended Posts

On 3/27/2020 at 4:51 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Pretty much echo the same thoughts. Good player when healthy. Maybe since it’s a one year deal he’ll take extra precautions

 

You mean like social distancing / keeping at least six feet away from wide receivers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Turk71 said:

 Norman gave up 7 tds on only 46 targets 

9.7 yd/tgt  129.0 passer rtg when targeted.

Those numbers are absolutely terrible. 

  Here are KJ's #s for comparison.

 Gave up 0 tds on 44 targets

6.8 yd/tgt  79.8 passer rtg when targeted

  Joe B was able to spin something positive about those #s?

 

 

So we are going to just ignore that Norman played in a system that didn’t fit him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Norman may have a healthy history but he was literally one of the league's worst cbs last year. His last good year was 2015 with McBeane.

  I understand the difference in systems and I hope he is much better back with McBeane but at 33 I'm not counting on it. 

 

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we are going to just ignore that Norman played in a system that didn’t fit him?

  I mentioned the difference in systems two posts before the one you quoted.

  No team plays exclusively man or zone coverage. I think I read that the Bills played man 33% last year, not sure if that's accurate though.

   Bottom line is Norman has not played well for a few years now and expecting him to turn that around at 33 is a risk and far from a given. I hope he does, but I also hope that going into the season they are not counting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

 Norman gave up 7 tds on only 46 targets 

9.7 yd/tgt  129.0 passer rtg when targeted.

Those numbers are absolutely terrible. 

  Here are KJ's #s for comparison.

 Gave up 0 tds on 44 targets

6.8 yd/tgt  79.8 passer rtg when targeted

  Joe B was able to spin something positive about those #s?

 

 

I think if these 2 players switched teams last year, the numbers wouldn't follow the player. KJ's numbers in Washington's defense last year would have been just as ugly as Norman's were. I believe Norman's numbers would have been pretty good if he played here last year. I'm expecting a good, bounce back season for Norman.

Wait a minute, this is a EJ Gaines thread. Sorry.

Edited by Dopey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

 

  I mentioned the difference in systems two posts before the one you quoted.

  No team plays exclusively man or zone coverage. I think I read that the Bills played man 33% last year, not sure if that's accurate though.

   Bottom line is Norman has not played well for a few years now and expecting him to turn that around at 33 is a risk and far from a given. I hope he does, but I also hope that going into the season they are not counting on it.

I will reserve judgement till I see what he plays like back with mcD

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF gaines stays healthy he will take Normans spot. Doubt Norman makes it past training camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dopey said:

I think if these 2 players switched teams last year, the numbers wouldn't follow the player. KJ's numbers in Washington's defense last year would have been just as ugly as Norman's were. I believe Norman's numbers would have been pretty good if he played here last year. I'm expecting a good, bounce back season for Norman.

Wait a minute, this is a EJ Gaines thread. Sorry.

Bills are covering their back side. (see what i did there ) with depth. Even if all 3 are playing situational and match  up football , this could work out well for the  Defensive backs and Coach Frazier

Edited by 3rdand12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...