EJ Gaines is back!

Nothing to complain about with this. Good competition, and depth, no matter who starts opposite White. ;)

I'm really liking the way Beane goes about off-seasons. Fill as many gaps, or improve wherever you can, then head off to the draft to take whatever you fancy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buddo said:

Nothing to complain about with this. Good competition, and depth, no matter who starts opposite White. ;)

I'm really liking the way Beane goes about off-seasons. Fill as many gaps, or improve wherever you can, then head off to the draft to take whatever you fancy.

It’s better than that. Brandon has developed a fantastic college scouting group. By committee, we’ll select who’s ever up next in our Board. But yes, he’s doing things the right way.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Look it up from his first run here.  Yes, drastic 

He was a difference maker in 2017. I felt if he played, we'd likely win, if not, we'd lose. He just solidified the rest of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Look it up from his first run here.  Yes, drastic 

Yeah, no.

Look up what our defense did last season. EJ Gaines is not going to make this defense drastically better. We already had stellar play from our corners.

26 minutes ago, DJB said:

I thought for sure we were going to target a DB in round 2 before this signing. Now I'm not so sure. 

Our biggest hole right now is a competent backup RB and I've been pining to draft a guy to challenge or even supplant Motor. 

Dobbins is the guy I want at 54. But I'd be happy with Akers or possibly Dillon. Akers and Dobbins would both be upgrades on Singletary. 

Highly unlikely Swift or Taylor are there. 

It also makes sense with the ability to carry extra OL with the new roster rules that we shouldn't rule out OL as our pick. 

I’m also leaning towards a RB in the second 

2 hours ago, thurst44 said:

That's the point though. You're not relying on him. You've got Tre and Norman and Wallace and Neal and Taron Johnson. 

I guess what I'm getting at is how do you even justify giving him over a roster spot unless he is head and shoulders better than the next best guy.

2 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

how much depth do you want?

you can't be 3 Pro-Bowlers deep at each position. Norman is the expensive veteran, Gaines the cheap veteran and Wallace is the cheap young guy. I'd say they're set up pretty well. It can always be better, but I think most teams would be envious of our secondary depth. 

There's going to be a rookie in the mix somewhere, challenging for time, too.   Bills won't go through the next couple of months without signing a drafted or free agent rookie. The position requires depth, but it also requires young depth.