EJ Gaines is back!

44 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Great signing....if can stay healthy.  Our top 4 boundary corners if we were to keep Wallace White Gaines and Norman are as good as if not better then any teams' in the league.  Throw in Taron Johnson and Siran Neal and its a hell of a group of corners.  

Also that is one less need in the draft.  I would hope we go WR RB OT and DE (not necessarily in that order) with our top 4 picks.  In fact, I would be fine with taking our 7 picks and packaging some of them to trade up in a given round if we saw someone dropping who really like at one of those positions.  If we can get another potential stud at WR and RB in the draft.  (And a solid prospect OT and DE)  I am fine with only drafting 4 guys.  And if we happen to have our 7th round pick when the dust settles draft the best kicker available (I doubt Blankenship from Georgia lasts to the 7th though-but he did miss a short kick that cost the Dawgs the South Carolina game last year)

Don't wait till the seventh. Rodrigo is worth a 5th or 6th.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Like it. 

This signing was understandable. The Norman pickup was perplexing. In his last season with the Redskins the team was more comfortable with him on the bench than on the field. When Carolina walked away from him they were smart. When the Redskins signed him they ended up being duped. When a team signs a big ticket player they should be smart enough to put that player in a scheme that he is best suited to. They didn't do it. 

I believe his last season with the Bills was 2017.  He played in 12 games, including their wild card game.  If he can play in 12 games in 2020, he's worth it.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

aren't they all?

Not necessarily. I'd point to Star's initial contract, or Morse, or basically all of the contracts from the previous regimes. I'm certain other folks could come up with a few more sketchy contracts that aren't exactly team friendly. Although this has improved dramatically under Beane.

The biggest issue we had during "the drought" - aside from a glaring lack of talent - was a glaring lack of depth.

Love, love, love what Beane has done, at pretty much every position group.  No more JAG's filling in when starters get injured.  Winning championships is as much about quality depth as anything.

2 minutes ago, babulator said:

Not necessarily. I'd point to Star's initial contract, or Morse, or basically all of the contracts from the previous regimes. I'm certain other folks could come up with a few more sketchy contracts that aren't exactly team friendly. Although this has improved dramatically under Beane.

I was just making a joke about whenever a FA is mentioned...someone always says...as long as it's team friendly....prove it deal.....

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

And to me, this is why the draft is not going to hold the same level of importance as it has in the past. It will be more of a crapshoot than ever before and unlikely that any one will be caught up quickly. That’s why running backs and edge players make sense, because they can acclimate more quickly than say a corner or linebacker

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

And to me, this is why the draft is not going to hold the same level of importance as it has in the past. It will be more of a crapshoot than ever before and unlikely that any one will be caught up quickly. That’s why running backs and edge players make sense, because they can acclimate more quickly than say a corner or linebacker

I was just going to say that the more players who know the systems in place, the better. Hopefully there is a season. If there is, there will be reduced prep time. Teams with new coaches and systems or new players who don’t know it will be at a disadvantage. Hopefully Diggs learns it quickly but it’s still better than a rookie trying to learn how to l play in the NFL AND a new system. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1