EJ Gaines is back!

Great signing....if can stay healthy.  Our top 4 boundary corners if we were to keep Wallace White Gaines and Norman are as good as if not better then any teams' in the league.  Throw in Taron Johnson and Siran Neal and its a hell of a group of corners.  

Also that is one less need in the draft.  I would hope we go WR RB OT and DE (not necessarily in that order) with our top 4 picks.  In fact, I would be fine with taking our 7 picks and packaging some of them to trade up in a given round if we saw someone dropping who really like at one of those positions.  If we can get another potential stud at WR and RB in the draft.  (And a solid prospect OT and DE)  I am fine with only drafting 4 guys.  And if we happen to have our 7th round pick when the dust settles draft the best kicker available (I doubt Blankenship from Georgia lasts to the 7th though-but he did miss a short kick that cost the Dawgs the South Carolina game last year)

• Like (+1) 4

This is a great signing. When healthy he made our defense look like a whole different beast. I'm still hoping we draft someone like Bryce Hall around Rnd 3. The guy has 1st round potential but got injured in his senior year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Great signing....if can stay healthy.  Our top 4 boundary corners if we were to keep Wallace White Gaines and Norman are as good as if not better then any teams' in the league.  Throw in Taron Johnson and Siran Neal and its a hell of a group of corners.  

Also that is one less need in the draft.  I would hope we go WR RB OT and DE (not necessarily in that order) with our top 4 picks.  In fact, I would be fine with taking our 7 picks and packaging some of them to trade up in a given round if we saw someone dropping who really like at one of those positions.  If we can get another potential stud at WR and RB in the draft.  (And a solid prospect OT and DE)  I am fine with only drafting 4 guys.  And if we happen to have our 7th round pick when the dust settles draft the best kicker available (I doubt Blankenship from Georgia lasts to the 7th though-but he did miss a short kick that cost the Dawgs the South Carolina game last year)

877322546.jpg.0.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If Gaines can stay healthy I feel very good about that #2 spot. I just don't feel entirely comfortable with Wallace and Norman as the only insurance in case he gets injured again.

how much depth do you want?

you can't be 3 Pro-Bowlers deep at each position. Norman is the expensive veteran, Gaines the cheap veteran and Wallace is the cheap young guy. I'd say they're set up pretty well. It can always be better, but I think most teams would be envious of our secondary depth. 

Edited by Clemfield2622
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1