John Murphy Hearts Tom Brady

Every guest on the damn show has to spend 10 minutes talking about and answering questions about Tom Brady. My god, he’s gone. Let him go John. It’s a Bills show, talk about the other players who’ve left New England and make them appear weaker. Let your crush go. Geez. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Like it or not, it's a huge story and it makes sense that ALL sports shows and journalists are talking about it, especially since there is little else going on right now.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Madbillsfan said:

Every guest on the damn show has to spend 10 minutes talking about and answering questions about Tom Brady. My god, he’s gone. Let him go John. It’s a Bills show, talk about the other players who’ve left New England and make them appear weaker. Let your crush go. Geez. 

I mean Brady was our nemesis for 20 years...and hugely responsible for the drought (obviously, among other things).  It makes sense to talk about him seeing as its only been a little over a week since he official left the Patriots.

I don't like Brady any more than the next non-NE fan, but its logical that he would be a talking point considering everything that has transpired both recently and over the last 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest point for One Bills Live is that (even more than the Diggs signing) Brady leaving the division is the biggest single reason most pundits now are picking the Bills to win the division.

And yeah, it's also the biggest story in sports at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Madbillsfan said:

What else should they be talking about to fill 3 hours?

Also, you just made a thread about Tom Brady so...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Murphy seems like a great guy but he is mediocre as a broadcaster, same with Tasker.  I listen on occasion because they do talk about the Bills in real time as things are happening.   Tasker says some weird stuff sometimes.  The One Bills Live comes of as amateurish.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Murphy is terrible. I tried to listen to WGR last week heading into FA. I felt bad for anyone who listens to him. Fountain of misinformation. His audience has to be down to people who have no idea what else is available.

Misinformation? Have any specifics? (I'm genuinely curious)

13 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Murphy seems like a great guy but he is mediocre as a broadcaster, same with Tasker.  I listen on occasion because they do talk about the Bills in real time as things are happening.   Tasker says some weird stuff sometimes.  The One Bills Live comes of as amateurish.  

Listening to one Bills Drive has become totally intolerable for me. I don't mind Murph soo much as listening to Tasker try to spit out a rambling bumbling question that takes him 5 minutes to get to. He's shuffling through his papers as he's trying to come up with a question he's already begun asking. It's mind boggling to me that they keep him around still. There's alot of younger more connected recent retiree's that are looking to get into the broadcast booth.  Take advantage of that imho.

I wish one of you guys could start a petition or something to get some traction on this. Ive actually tried to listen to a couple clips I wanted to hear in the last few weeks only to shut it down because of Tasker. He was a good player, he had a chance on the national broadcast stage, but it's time to move on from him. 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm less interested in Murph's take on Brady than I am in whether or not he has been able to procure any toilet paper like the rest of America. Has he said? Maybe his buddy, John Beilein, is hooking him up. It's nice to have connections.

I can handle Murphy/Tasker in small doses, but hit the kill switch immediately at 3pm when Schopp comes on. He is bad enough during the football season and even worse now that we are in a sports lock down and he needs to tell us about his daily sacrifices re: working from home. At least he is working, unlike a lot of other folks right now.  I have been listening to WEEI out of Boston on Radio.com instead. It makes my day to hear the Pats fans all whining about their football apocalypse now that Tommy boy is leaving along with the other players they have lost. If we have to hear about Brady anyway, we might as well hear it from the demoralized Cheaters themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t listen to the the show but guessing there just isn’t a lot to talk about 

This is it exactly. They are both doing this from home. No sports news. Fairness to him this is a big deal in Buffalo. I do catch 1/2 hour on the way home daily.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Murphy is terrible. I tried to listen to WGR last week heading into FA. I felt bad for anyone who listens to him. Fountain of misinformation. His audience has to be down to people who have no idea what else is available.

It is. Have you heard the callers into the show? It’s like the Buffalo Inbred Society is out for a day trip.

456131E3-349C-4C8A-AA2F-E30A39524B6C.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2