Thread: Pegula/Bills/Sabres COVID19 aid/relief efforts (Terry+Kim, Eichel, Josh Allen, Jeff Skinner, Josh Norman, Brandon Beane, etc.)

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Sorry.  I would expect more from the Pegulas.  Is it nice to donate 1.5 million.  Of course. 

We donate about 1% of our income to the poor each year. 

I dont have 5 Billion.  And I get they dont make that a year. 

1% is 50 million.  How many billions do you need.  This is unprecedented. 

Preeeeeeetty douchey, imo.

Pretty douchey.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, tumaro02 said:

So did you donate the $25.00 or donate anything like Allen or do you just throw shade for the purpose of throwing it? You have zero idea what donations Allen makes in WNY including his work for O'shei Childrens Hospital and other charitable organizations. He is also on his rookie contract. Making that judgement is interesting.

Actually it’s more like 12.5k because he can write it off on his taxes.  Yes, it’s great that everyone is donating (any amount) but it is a very small amount relative to his 5M+ salary

Did anyone crying about Pegula's wealth bother to consider that $1.2 million may have been all that was needed at this time?

It's not about how much they can afford; it's about what is actually needed to accomplish the goal. Yes, they *could* easily afford $50 million to donate. What happens with the remaining $48.8 million if it's not needed?

Or, to put it another way: Do you pack 1,000 lunches per day to feed 500 needy kids? Of course not, it's wasteful and stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Koko78 said:

Did anyone crying about Pegula's wealth bother to consider that $1.2 million may have been all that was needed at this time?

It's not about how much they can afford; it's about what is actually needed to accomplish the goal. Yes, they *could* easily afford $50 million to donate. What happens with the remaining $48.8 million if it's not needed?

Or, to put it another way: Do you pack 1,000 lunches per day to feed 500 needy kids? Of course not, it's wasteful and stupid.

Huh?

What if those kids want to eat lunch tomorrow too?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Huh?

What if those kids want to eat lunch tomorrow too?

Gee, you pack 500 the next day, instead of 1,000 the next day. Apparently the point was really hard to figure out.

Don't be dense.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

they don’t need to anything they don’t want to. But I think it must look pretty bad when a billionaire donates 1/4 of what a QB (brees) donates. It’s just an opinion. Maybe you can grow up and accept that people have different options. 

How many other owners donated $5M+? I accept people having different opinions, but you just sound whiny. 

31 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

How many other owners donated $5M+? I accept people having different opinions, but you just sound whiny. 

For some reason, many people resent other people who are wealthy. I could venture guesses as to why, but that’s pointless. It just happens. Even crazier, they think they should have a say, or at least a meaningful opinion, about what these people should do with their wealth. Of course these resentful people are generally FAR less successful people. 

I won’t judge you by how much you do or do not give. The people who complain about “only $1.2 mil or more” have likely given absolutely nothing. Judge not, lest......

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

100 mil for the penn st hockey team.  1 mil for this. mmmk.

Can you break it down on how all that worked.  Is there a chance that that's part of why they might not liquid assets right now.  

And, how much did you give?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, bbb said:

Can you break it down on how all that worked.  Is there a chance that that's part of why they might not liquid assets right now.  

And, how much did you give?

17 tenants i gave 3 months free rent. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Gee, you pack 500 the next day, instead of 1,000 the next day. Apparently the point was really hard to figure out.

Don't be dense.

It really was, since you are claiming there is a limit on the need for charitable contributions--which of course makes no sense.  It's always "needed".