Thread: Pegula/Bills/Sabres COVID19 aid/relief efforts (Terry+Kim, Eichel, Josh Allen, Jeff Skinner, Josh Norman, Brandon Beane, etc.)

On 3/29/2020 at 11:08 AM, CLTbills said:

I get this, but they need to be taking care of the employees. My company has 10,000-plus employees, most of whom work on a strictly commission basis. If the company isn't bringing in money, we're not getting paid. But the owner/CEO/chairman of the company is vowed that not only will we not let go one single employee, they are paying EVERYONE their (almost) normal pay. All ten thousand employees. Hourly people get their full pay, commission employees will get 80% of their normal pay, regardless of if we work a single hour, and regardless of how slow our business is. 

THIS is how an employer should treat people.

27 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Rick Hendrick/Hendrick Automotive Group

The lease on my 4Runner is up in a couple of months and I've always planned on buying it outright (long story).

I recognized that name as having dealerships in Atlanta, and just did some googling and found Hendrick has a Toyota dealership, AND it's right around the corner from my work.

Since I originally leased from a dealer in NY but am now in GA, I can pretty much choose who I go through to buy the truck.

I'm going to Hendrick Toyota.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The lease on my 4Runner is up in a couple of months and I've always planned on buying it outright (long story).

I recognized that name as having dealerships in Atlanta, and just did some googling and found Hendrick has a Toyota dealership, AND it's right around the corner from my work.

Since I originally leased from a dealer in NY but am now in GA, I can pretty much choose who I go through to buy the truck.

I'm going to Hendrick Toyota.

That's awesome, man. I'll tell ya - not to sound corny or to sound like I'm "drinking the kool-aid".... But Mr. Hendrick has always said - "If the company cares about its people, the people will care about the company."  And it's true. Once we come out of this Coronavirus madness, these people will be willing to go to war for Mr. Hendrick. At a time when other automotive companies are laying people off by the thousands (our big competitor, Sonic Automotive, has laid off almost half of their employees), Mr. Hendrick has made it a point to ensure that his people and their families are taken care of. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

That's awesome, man. I'll tell ya - not to sound corny or to sound like I'm "drinking the kool-aid".... But Mr. Hendrick has always said - "If the company cares about its people, the people will care about the company."  And it's true. Once we come out of this Coronavirus madness, these people will be willing to go to war for Mr. Hendrick. At a time when other automotive companies are laying people off by the thousands (our big competitor, Sonic Automotive, has laid off almost half of their employees), Mr. Hendrick has made it a point to ensure that his people and their families are taken care of. 

I work for a similar family of multi-billionaires (worth far more than Hendrick and Pegula combined), and they got there by always treating their employees better than any other company. It's even in the founder's will. Specific instructions on how to treat employees and give back to communities. So it's always good to see!

• Like (+1) 2

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-skinner-donating-to-help-those-fighting-covid-19

Jeff Skinner donating too.

Jeff Skinner announced on his Instagram that he’s donating $53,000 to the fund started by Terry and Kim Pegula last week.

Skinner said he wanted to help health care workers, as well as FeedMore WNY as the fight against the coronavirus rages on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, ngbills said:

Not trying to diminish this. Brees just donated $5M. Pegulas worth over $5 Billion...

Pure speculation on what the Pegulas are worth.

Do you have any idea what their financial burn rate is now, the number of employees they have? The leases and debt, mortgages they are paying with little to no revenue coming n?  Do you have any idea how much their alleged $5 billion net worth is at right now after these market collapses?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pure speculation on what the Pegulas are worth.

Do you have any idea what their financial burn rate is now, the number of employees they have? The leases and debt, mortgages they are paying with little to no revenue coming n?  Do you have any idea how much their alleged $5 billion net worth is at right now after these market collapses?

Come on now. Now matter how you slice he is one of the richest 1% on this planet. Maybe his $5B has fallen to $4.5B. Dude still has a ton of dough. ANd folks with this kid of money have all kinds of ways to protect their assets when the markets tank. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2020/04/07/the-worlds-richest-sports-team-owners-2020/#de2535327b5f

30 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Come on now. Now matter how you slice he is one of the richest 1% on this planet. Maybe his $5B has fallen to $4.5B. Dude still has a ton of dough. ANd folks with this kid of money have all kinds of ways to protect their assets when the markets tank. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2020/04/07/the-worlds-richest-sports-team-owners-2020/#de2535327b5f

Maybe but All asset classes have plummeted (except for gold which hasnt done much), commodities, bonds stocks, private equity....... they can hedge a bit but no way they can "protect their assets" unless they were in all cash which I highly highly doubt.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

All asset classes have plummeted (except for gold which hasnt done much), commodities, bonds stocks, private equity....... they can hedge a bit but no way they can "protect their assets" unless they were in all cash which I highly highly doubt.

That is a bit of a reach. The Dow for example is at 23.5K and was under 25K last May, going back to Dec 2018 was under 23K and going back 3 years it was at 20K...so not a "plummet" for the Pegulas. They had well over $5B going back prior to even buying the Bills. Again, they are fine. Yes, lost some money but nothing compared to what many in this country are going through. And yes you can hedge a lot though option strategies which every Billionaire out there utilizes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Reid Ferguson (yes long snappers are football players) partnered with La Nova to provide $5,000 worth of food, to the entire staff at Oishei Children’s Hospital. 140 sheet pizzas were delivered as well as other meals to help those at the hospital during this pandemic.

https://www.wivb.com/sports/reid-ferguson-provides-meals-for-staff-at-oishei-childrens-hospital/

‘When Ferguson discovered there was a way to show some gratitude to the staff that, like hospital staffs everywhere, form the front lines in the battle against the coronavirus pandemic, he was quick to jump aboard. On Friday, Ferguson contributed $5,000 toward a $10,000 donation of pizza and other food from La Nova Pizza to the Oishei staff

Important questions not answered:

• What was the split between types of pizzas?
  • Did the staff share with the kids?
  • How did he decide which pizza place to partner with.
Edited by Limeaid

On 3/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, krf139 said:

25k? That’s like me donating 25 bucks 

So you are gonna whine about a guy from out of town donating 25 grand to  a local charitable cause? Really? Oh and by the way did you donate that $25.00? If so, good on you. 

Go Bills!!!