More Bills Love: "Stefon Diggs... makes the Bills competitive with the Chiefs and Ravens"

9 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I meant getting a top 5 RB in the draft  (which I think represents a tier).   Swift/Taylor/Dobbins/Edwards-Helaire/Akers.  I think those would be the splitting RBs - who actually might be better than Singletary.  One of those 5 and Singletary and that is a better backfield than last years Singletary/Gore.  Plus it is young and can stay and grow with Josh, giving him a core.

If Singletary can take the role of the veteran RB that Gore had, you can have  the cascading increase of Singletary > Gore, and drafted RB > Singletary.  And the offense should have a talent increase through two spots.  Singletary starts as RB1 but has real competition throughout the season.  And a team should have two good RBs anyway, just makes sense. 

OOH!!! Thanks for being patient with me.  I misunderstood.   

Absolutely agree there - a top 5 guy in the draft is a guy who should be able to help and who could even be Singletary's equal.  

Everything you say makes sense.   I think the Bills can get by with less than a top 5 guy, but a top 5 guy would be ideal, for all the reasons you say.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

OOH!!! Thanks for being patient with me.  I misunderstood.   

Absolutely agree there - a top 5 guy in the draft is a guy who should be able to help and who could even be Singletary's equal.  

Everything you say makes sense.   I think the Bills can get by with less than a top 5 guy, but a top 5 guy would be ideal, for all the reasons you say.  

Right. I think one of the best things the Bills can do for Allen and the passing attack at this point would be to add another potentially elite RB. If we have Singletary and another one of the RBs the previous poster mentioned, we would be unreal. The defense wouldn’t be able to wear down our running game and they would be guessing and allowing our receivers to run clean routes. 

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Right. I think one of the best things the Bills can do for Allen and the passing attack at this point would be to add another potentially elite RB. If we have Singletary and another one of the RBs the previous poster mentioned, we would be unreal. The defense wouldn’t be able to wear down our running game and they would be guessing and allowing our receivers to run clean routes. 

True. But it depends as much on the line as on the back.  Taiwan Jones is good enough if the line plays well.  Said for emphasis, not as my choice. 

While I agree that most 'national' writers are a tad clueless, focus mainly on big trades, and most simply parrot what they've heard, I see this Diggs acquisition the same way. Mega positive.

In the OP you point out lots of real Bills team flaws... but guess what? No team is without them! The difference between a W and a L in at least half the games is just a couple of plays in a game. Having Diggs help a LOT to open up all the offense, and make Josh (and Dabbol) better overall. Injuries can still derail the train, bad decisions, bad games, etc. But overall, hell yeah the odds are a lot better!