Tiger King Discussion

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

All I could think the whole time was....

These people get to vote 

So does the guy up-thread quoting the Bible.

That ***** really scares the hell out of me.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:35 PM, Warcodered said:

He kind of brushes past significant things really quickly like his 3rd or 4th type of pet was 6 lions he got from a guy who was killed by the lions...what?

https://www.instyle.com/news/kate-mckinnon-tiger-king-carole-baskin

Thanks for that, but that is some type of artificially created show with a script.

Non-fiction is always much better than fiction when it comes to this type of story.  You can't make this stuff up anyway!

33 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Just wrapped it up. What a mesmerizing piece of television. One thing that caught my eye at the end was that  there are more big cats in captivity than in the wild. 

I assume that's true about pretty much every endangered species.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, I dont know what else to discuss at this point. What a wild ride. But man, all those "zoo owners" are crazy.

Sucks for Joe Exotic, because when they show clips from his younger days it seems he truly did mean well for animals, but then got lost in the money and drugs.

Drugs seemingly being the common denominator with all those folks. Obviously, with Mario Tabraue being a coke kingpin. And if Doc Antele was hanging with him in the 80s, there is no way he WASNT doing piles of coke right along with him. Wouldnt be surprised if that is how all these guys funded their "zoos".

Good Point.  I always wondered how each person (beside Carole) started their zoo - especially Joe.  Are we to believe that he bought 2 cats and started breeding and doing shows and scaled from

there?