Tiger King Discussion

There is some of this buried in the Netflix thread but feel like it warranted its own. Tiger King is the event of quarantine season. Thought we should have a place to discuss.

Thoughts:

- Joe Exotic is the Halloween costume of 2020

- Carole fed her husband to the tigers

- Does Howard Baskin look more like Prince Charles or Mitch McConnell?

- Why do people believe Jeff Lowe?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Carole has soulless eyes and clearly made her husband vanish in an untraceable way. 

Joe Exotic and the other tiger guy with his "harem" of lady servants are two of the most odd humans I have ever been made aware of. 

It's fascinating stuff! I'm through 3 episodes.

• Like (+1) 3

I mean, I dont know what else to discuss at this point. What a wild ride. But man, all those "zoo owners" are crazy.

Sucks for Joe Exotic, because when they show clips from his younger days it seems he truly did mean well for animals, but then got lost in the money and drugs.

Drugs seemingly being the common denominator with all those folks. Obviously, with Mario Tabraue being a coke kingpin. And if Doc Antele was hanging with him in the 80s, there is no way he WASNT doing piles of coke right along with him. Wouldnt be surprised if that is how all these guys funded their "zoos".

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There is some of this buried in the Netflix thread but feel like it warranted its own. Tiger King is the event of quarantine season. Thought we should have a place to discuss.

Thoughts:

- Joe Exotic is the Halloween costume of 2020

- Carole fed her husband to the Tigers

- Does Howard Baskin look more like Prince Charles or Mitch McConnell?

- Why do people believe Jeff Lowe?

Prince Charles? The discussion about Prince Albert is what disturbed me. I hate myself for looking that up.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, I dont know what else to discuss at this point. What a wild ride. But man, all those "zoo owners" are crazy.

Sucks for Joe Exotic, because when they show clips from his younger days it seems he truly did mean well for animals, but then got lost in the money and drugs.

Drugs seemingly being the common denominator with all those folks. Obviously, with Mario Tabraue being a coke kingpin. And if Doc Antele was hanging with him in the 80s, there is no way he WASNT doing piles of coke right along with him. Wouldnt be surprised if that is how all these guys funded their "zoos".

What sort of buisness was fat chucky running with the lemur and strange warehouse ? 

When will the tiger king featuring David Spade as Joe exotic and Will Ferrell as Doc Antle be out ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've seen the whole series now.

For all of the twists and turns and surprises, I think the thing that blew my mind the most was when it came out that Joe Exotic's two  husbands were not gay.  I find that really interesting.  

John Finlay was fueled by meth, and Travis was into mostly pot I guess.  Someone mentioned that he was stoned all day long as a matter of course.  But apparently there are people willing to assume a false sexuality and "fake lifestyle" in exchange for a steady supply of drugs.  I'm still surprised by it b/c most guys I have ever known aren't going to negotiate over their sexuality.

I agree that Carole has to be suspected in the disappearance of her husband.  There is something fishy going on there.  She is probably the smartest character of the bunch and has done well for herself.  

I don't know how the producers of the series ever stumbled into this little world, but when they did, they found a vault of solid gold material.  

I'm ready for "Season 2" even if it means Joe Exotic can only do those telephone calls through the glass window at prison! 

I guarantee the crazy stuff going on with these folks didn't stop when the cameras were shut off!

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m on episode 5. I didn’t think I’d be interested but now I’m hooked. I can’t believe it’s a true story. Definitely recommend watching it.

Same here.  That Carole chick gives off a real Hillary Clinton vibe.  I don't mean to make this political at all but that's what I saw from the first second she spoke.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Same here.  That Carole chick gives off a real Hillary Clinton vibe.  I don't mean to make this political at all but that's what I saw from the first second she spoke.

Well he did come in 3rd for Governor of Oklahoma with 18% of the vote. /smh

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm watching this now....about 30 minutes in. This asswipe animal savior lady who complains about keeping cats in cages.....keeps cats in cages.

At the same place and she does seem very similar though I mean I get the idea if she's not able to reintroduce them to the wild to have a place for them to live as comfortable as possible while letting the caged population die out.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

At the same place and she does seem very similar though I mean I get the idea if she's not able to reintroduce them to the wild to have a place for them to live as comfortable as possible while letting the caged population die out.

She's making a profit just as much as the next guy....hypocrisy at its finest.