TE in rd. 2?

11 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

actually would be pretty cool if we drafted the best kicker this year in the later rounds. 

If there was a FB in the draft with a 2nd round grade, we absolutely MUST draft that guy. If there was a FB THAT good, we need him smashing heads in Buffalo. LOL!!!

Unfortunatley no smashing fullback really available. But I do think Dalton Keene is the next Kyle Juszcyk and I hope we take him. He is a Swiss army knife player who double as a tight end and a fullback. Love that guy. I think be could slip into the third round. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

This is the most ridiculous attempt to prop up a crappy argument I've seen in a while. Comparing K to TE just to make a point is laughable. 

I would argue taking a lower rated player  because he is higher rated in a position  group is a bad strategy.  Take the highest ranked player within a tier at a position of need.  Seems simple vs drafting by highest ranked player within a position group.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:17 AM, CheshireCT said:

I was just thinking, when is the last time we had a stud TE? We know what difference that makes in an offense, yet we've always had too many other pressing needs. After FA, we don't really have "holes." If we can get an awesome TE in the draft, it would be the icing on the cake. ;)

There should be a filter where any thread that starts with...”I was just thinking” or “Hear me out” or “I haven’t seen this discussed before” should go right to the TSW garbage can. 

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol.

having a lot of tight ends is one thing.  Having good tight ends is another.  At this point, we don’t really have 1 good one. Knox might be, but dropping 25% of his targets tells me he’s not yet “good”.  Sweeney, looked good and could be a nice player....yet he couldn’t get on the field over 3 TEs that aren’t good.  

I’d really like to add someone in the draft, but it’s a pretty week class

As you point out a really good tight end would be awesome but rarely will a second round  TE be good year one. I think we simply must be prepared for our best TE will be an improved Knox. I truly think we will go BPA at that point.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

There should be a filter where any thread that starts with...”I was just thinking” or “Hear me out” or “I haven’t seen this discussed before” should go right to the TSW garbage can. 

thanks for bumping! ???