Coronavirus

Codyny13

Hey guys, I just wanted to reach out to you all pertaining to this pandemic that’s tearing through this country.  Here in NYC, we’re getting blasted, and life has certainly taken a crazy turn. I love this forum, and it’s been a great distraction from what’s going. My wife is a nurse at Mt. Sinai in the upper east side, and has only been able to come home once in the past week. Cases in the hospitals are doubling by the day, and according to my wife, patients seem sicker and sicker, and more diverse. Young patient numbers are rising, this isnt something that only attacks the weak and old. That being said, the real reason for this post is to tell you all to gargle a few times a day with an alcohol based mouthwash and increase your zinc intake. These are the instructions being told in the hospitals. The virus seems to enter most prevalently through the throat, and the mouthwash will obviously help to kill some of these germs. The zinc is simply an immune system booster. Anything to help you fend this off, along with washing yours hands and STAYING HOME if you can. Best of luck to you all and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 24

10 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to reach out to you all pertaining to this pandemic that’s tearing through this country.  Here in NYC, we’re getting blasted, and life has certainly taken a crazy turn. I love this forum, and it’s been a great distraction from what’s going. My wife is a nurse at Mt. Sinai in the upper east side, and has only been able to come home once in the past week. Cases in the hospitals are doubling by the day, and according to my wife, patients seem sicker and sicker, and more diverse. Young patient numbers are rising, this isnt something that only attacks the weak and old. That being said, the real reason for this post is to tell you all to gargle a few times a day with an alcohol based mouthwash and increase your zinc intake. These are the instructions being told in the hospitals. The virus seems to enter most prevalently through the throat, and the mouthwash will obviously help to kill some of these germs. The zinc is simply an immune system booster. Anything to help you fend this off, along with washing yours hands and STAYING HOME if you can. Best of luck to you all and Go Bills!

Tell your wife (and you) thanks from all of us!  

Also, many thanks for the advice re: mouthwash and Zinc.  Will definitely take that advice.   

Here are links to foods high in Zinc: https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childhood-adhd/qa/which-foods-are-high-in-zinc

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-foods-high-in-zinc#section2

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Zicam and Cold-Eze type products are mostly functional because of zinc. Stay home everybody. If you think this isn't a big deal, think again. NYC hospitals are starting to be crushed under the load, and we aren't even peaking yet. Stay home.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Next time you here these athletes compare football to "war" remember to thank a soldier and all the gratitude I have now goes to your wife for what she's dealing with on a day to day basis right now. she's a soldier as well on a different front line.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thnaks for the tip on the mouthwash...

Your wife and tens of thousands like her around the world are going to be owed a lot when this is over

What they are owed  cannot possibly be paid in this lifetime......but it will be paid. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Zinc? I will try it. I have been eating raw garlic like a champ. It does hurt my stomach and give awful heartburn though. I’m paranoid so I’m trying my best.

another benefit of the garlic regime is that it likely keeps people 6 feet away ;)

I actually love garlic also :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, RyanC883 said:

another benefit of the garlic regime is that it likely keeps people 6 feet away ;)

I actually love garlic also :) 

Yeah that’s the first thing people say when you tell them that. I laugh, I’m fine with people staying away. Staying in most the day anyways. A kid at the biggest local grocery store just tested positive. That’s another group of folks that deserve love and appreciation. They are in the middle of it and making peanuts. Not that money changes anything but I do give them a lot of credit for going to work.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Next time you here these athletes compare football to "war" remember to thank a soldier and all the gratitude I have now goes to your wife for what she's dealing with on a day to day basis right now. she's a soldier as well on a different front line.

Speaking as a Bills fan who was ACTUALLY in a war, athletes are extremely competitive and fight hard, especially on a professional level, so I don't think they are ignorant of the difference at all.

That being said...

What is happening out there is tragic. I was in Haiti in 2010 during the hurricane relief for the medical response and it was a life changing experience. When you see people dying around you and you can't help them, IT GETS YOU. I'll never forget. What your wife is doing is way over the top inspirational and I thank you for sharing this with us. Be blessed and let her know she is so very much appreciated.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Speaking as a Bills fan who was ACTUALLY in a war, athletes are extremely competitive and fight hard, especially on a professional level, so I don't think they are ignorant of the difference at all.

That being said...

What is happening out there is tragic. I was in Haiti in 2010 during the hurricane relief for the medical response and it was a life changing experience. When you see people dying around you and you can't help them, IT GETS YOU. I'll never forget. What your wife is doing is way over the top inspirational and I thank you for sharing this with us. Be blessed and let her know she is so very much appreciated.

Thank you for all you’ve done, home and abroad ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

LOL. Look around that back of that rock you crawled out from. BTW, did you notice sports stopped?

Wait, I have opening day tix for tomorrow.  What are you trying to say?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What’s the Corona virus?

I had it years ago......after a long day at the beach. Too much sun, too little water, and WAY too much Corona! We ran out of limes, but the party went on! I was young and stupid. Now I’m old and stupid, but that’s another matter....

• Haha (+1) 2