Mims “meets” with Bills

Well as I read the article, and the one poster who mentioned all of this capital to get back in the 1st wasn’t reported so I don’t know how much Beane will give up.  He won’t give everything away, but he’s been shrewd before in moving up, so we’ll see.  I’d love to get him at the right price, and to get back in the first if available Beane will probably watch the board, and then if close target the most cash strapped teams as they’ll want volume.  I know it sounds like blasphemy, but a possible target is the Patriots.  With the $13.5 they have to pay for Brady against the cap, and they only have $2.3 million left in the cap and a lack of talent, so it is not crazy to get back to the Patriots.

That is just one wild scenario, but who knows?

11 hours ago, DJB said:

Am I the only one that isnt really wowed when they watch Mims on tape? 

You can see flashes of his potential on tape, but the optimist would say he's a late bloomer that didn't really start putting it all together until the offseason (Senior Bowl, Combine, etc.) The skeptic would say to trust the years of tape over the couple of reps you get of 1 on 1 coverage in the Senior Bowl where the DBs are at a massive disadvantage.

12 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I was thinking the same till I started watching his jump ball catches

But that's all I've really seen him do. I don't see YAC or breaking ankles. 

Limited route tree is concerning  

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

You can see flashes of his potential on tape, but the optimist would say he's a late bloomer that didn't really start putting it all together until the offseason (Senior Bowl, Combine, etc.) The skeptic would say to trust the years of tape over the couple of reps you get of 1 on 1 coverage in the Senior Bowl where the DBs are at a massive disadvantage.

All true

12 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I'm with you on this.  Beane may not be convinced that all of these highly regarded WR's will be gone before round four.  I found it interesting that several teams recently signed experienced free agent WR's to some fairly large contracts prior to the draft.  That may be a signal that teams don't think there are many WR's in the draft that will make an immediate impact and plan to pass on them in the early rounds. If it plays out that way, Beane may be able to grab a decent prospect with a later pick. I personally don't see it playing out that way.  Having watched so many of these draft prospects play in college, I believe there are several guys that will be significant rookie contributors.  There could easily be 12 to 16 of the best WR's gone before pick 54.  Having snagged Diggs takes all the stress out of watching this play out.

On the other hand, some teams (notably Jets, Vikings, and Eagles) signed basically no one despite having needs at WR. That could signal that they plan to draft 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds. 

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, if he makes it out of the 1st he will be one of the 1st players picked in the 2nd rd.

Every year there are raw players that show up at the combi e and fans get enamoured with them.  Nobody sees them possibly falling and every year l, they do.   Metcalf was a sure fire top 15 pick last year, until he wasn't.  Its very easily argued he was a better prospect than Mims.  Athletic ability is great, lack of production drives guys down all the time.

Claypool should be a top 5 pick if we are looking at athletes, but thats not all there is to the game.

Edited by DCofNC