Mims “meets” with Bills

Id be stoked if we got Mims or a player like him, but I am a little skeptical Beane is going to use the first 2 picks in this draft (plus a 5th and 6th and next years 4th) essentially on 2 WR's with Brown and Cole already on the roster.  Wouldn't surprise me to see us take a WR in 3rd or 4th though, but to also use our second feels less probably.  I wont be against it by any means, just not sure I see it as a likely scenario.

• Like (+1) 10

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Id be stoked if we got Mims or a player like him, but I am a little skeptical Beane is going to use the first 2 picks in this draft (plus a 5th and 6th and next years 4th) essentially on 2 WR's with Brown and Cole already on the roster.  Wouldn't surprise me to see us take a WR in 3rd or 4th though, but to also use our second feels less probably.  I wont be against it by any means, just not sure I see it as a likely scenario.

Beane is full of surprises.

• Thank you (+1) 1

if he is there at 54 it would be hard to pass on.  I'd rather go OT or RB at 54 and then Claypool in the 3rd, but Mims would be very hard to pass on.  

While we do have Brown and Beasley, both are over 30 and getting a guy who can be a #1 in 2-3 years would be huge.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

He IS what many want Duke to be. Big, fast receiver who can high-point the ball.

I don't dislike Duke, and I wished he could have gotten more playing time before the last Jets game. But he isn't fast like Mims, not even close. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'm with you on this.  Beane may not be convinced that all of these highly regarded WR's will be gone before round four.  I found it interesting that several teams recently signed experienced free agent WR's to some fairly large contracts prior to the draft.  That may be a signal that teams don't think there are many WR's in the draft that will make an immediate impact and plan to pass on them in the early rounds. If it plays out that way, Beane may be able to grab a decent prospect with a later pick. I personally don't see it playing out that way.  Having watched so many of these draft prospects play in college, I believe there are several guys that will be significant rookie contributors.  There could easily be 12 to 16 of the best WR's gone before pick 54.  Having snagged Diggs takes all the stress out of watching this play out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Am I the only one that isnt really wowed when they watch Mims on tape? 

He needs to work on his craft. High potential with lower floor than a lot of casual draft followers notice. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lasted longer than a fair amount of folks project with all the other options in this draft. None of us got to interview him and those around him though, so we can’t gauge his work ethic, etc. The question I have is , how much of what you don’t see on tape is because he couldn’t do it vs wasn’t asked to do it?

Alot of teams have more pressing needs than Wr.  Mims is a solid prospect and somewhere in rd 2 he makes alot of sense.  In terms of quality of player I see no difference in 22 or 54.  I think Mims could have been in play at 22 honestly.