Draft: DE Prospect Opinions

On 3/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, ScottLaw said:

Addison isn’t a great pass rusher. He gets handled rather easily.... not sure a good edge guy will be there at 54, but I wouldn’t be opposed to them drafting one.

Are we talking about the Mario Addison that’s top 10 in the league in sacks over the past four years? You’re saying HE can’t rush the passer?!

I’ll say this about you: you’re consistent.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Was specifically referring to him last season.... watch some tape on him from 2019. I actually thought he looked better rushing from inside than at edge....and I was more impressed with Butler than Addison.

And just to back you up a little Scott - his pressures were down in 2019 on 2018. He did a good job of finishing when he got there and the fact that he still produced the sacks is a credit to him. But he had 43 Quarterback pressures in 2018 and only 22 in 2019 according to PFF. Now people can say what they like about PFF and quibble about what is a pressure because it is an unofficial stat but both numbers are using the PFF system and show a significant drop off.

Maybe he continues to be as productive when he gets there as he was last year. But if he continues to struggle to generate as many pressures as he did in his prime then you can expect the sack number to begin to slide at some point.

I hope I am wrong but I think the sack number hides what was visually a decline in Addison's effectiveness in 2019. Will remain to be seen but I like this move the least of all the moves the Bills made. 

• Like (+1) 1