Trent Williams from the Redskins up for grabs?

Frez

7 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This is not a new situation, but the Skins will likely want to move on before long.  It sounds like this is a pissing contest between player and team, and they're both willing to absorb pain in order to give pain to the other. 

Williams had a cancerous growth on his head, which led to the confrontation with the team.  If that's all cleared up, he should be a great addition to the Bills.  Move Dawkins to RT, make Ford a swing reserve.  Next year, Ford starts at guard.

They aren't moving Dawkins to RT. End of story.

If they were going to do it, they would have kept Glenn around in 2019 when he was healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They aren't moving Dawkins to RT. End of story.

If they were going to do it, they would have kept Glenn around in 2019 when he was healthy.

I’d rather bring back Glenn instead of getting Williams, at least we wouldn’t have to give up any draft picks

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’d rather bring back Glenn instead of getting Williams, at least we wouldn’t have to give up any draft picks

I don't think McDermott liked Glenn at all.

I could be wrong, but that is how I saw it.

48 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This is not a new situation, but the Skins will likely want to move on before long.  It sounds like this is a pissing contest between player and team, and they're both willing to absorb pain in order to give pain to the other. 

Williams had a cancerous growth on his head, which led to the confrontation with the team.  If that's all cleared up, he should be a great addition to the Bills.  Move Dawkins to RT, make Ford a swing reserve.  Next year, Ford starts at guard.

That's the exact moves I would make. Give the Skins a 4th or 5th round pick and sign him to a 2 yr deal.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wouldn't hate bringing Glenn back, with the expanding rosters he could be a backup swing guy as most had him as a guard coming out of school, he's had trouble staying healthy. Dawkins will be the LT for the Bills for long time, I don't think they trade anything to bring in Williams and bump their guy of that spot, it just doesn't seem like something McDermott or Beane would do. 

pass...last year of contract...will be age 32 in July and no doubt looking for an extension ...head case her in DC.....likely past his prime...last played Dec 2018...not cut from the cloth coach and GM prefer

Edited by First Round Bust
spelling

He's a great player and a HUGE upgrade over any of our offensive linemen. Would he want to sign with us? Also, if they don't want to move Dawkins to RT, move him to G or trade him. We are weak at RG and extremely weak at RT. I also think people make too much of the difference between LT and RT. Dawkins will improve his run blocking. He was a very good run blocker in school and excelled at it on a couple occasions as a rookie.

I can't believe some are preferring Glenn to Williams. Glenn isn't any good any more and Williams is still elite. I think his price will come down too.

Edited by GreggTX

9 hours ago, BillsDude said:

I here Miami wants him, but it is too costly for them. Skins wanted Rosen and a 6th rounder in return.

hahahaha, is Wash seriously asking for Rosen??? That's a hell of a QB room.  Then they draft Tua at #2? ?

3 hours ago, y2zipper said:

The comp pick they get when he walks in Free Agency is a 3rd so the asking price is at least that plus a contract.

If they want a 3rd...pass.  Like others have said, he's 32, hasn't played in 2 years and prob wants 15Mil +... pass.

This conversation enlightens me that unless we could find a cheap other OT or another in the draft, Ford is our RT.

Not a fit for the Bills but I’m interested in seeing how this plays out.  I’m guessing he gets moved for a third or a third and a sixth or something like that. How far he comes off his contract demands is the other thing.  He is still of the best LTs in the league and should have a few really good seasons left.

I hear that Washington is getting antsy about moving him which means they want it done before the draft.  That’s probably smart.  Cleveland is landing spot #1 for him and they’ll be taking an OT in round 1 if Williams isn’t already on their roster.  I’m sure other suitors are in that boat too.

I’m not sure what his final deal looks like or how exaggerated his demands are.  I can certainly see his agent floating a high number not only as a negotiation tactic, but also to limit options of trade partners to teams he wants to go to.  I think a contract around 3 years, $45M-$48M with a lot of cash up front is where this will land.