Deshaun Watson To Patriots Rumours Begin To Swirl

Take this for what you will but many have speculated that DeShaun Watson will force his way out of Houston and end up on the Patriots.  It started with this tweet:

This led to a number of outlets talking about whether it could happen:

‪Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Here's what a hypothetical Texans-Patriots deal could look like https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-heres-what-a-hypothetical-texans-patriots-deal-could-look-like/‬

‪https://nesn.com/2020/03/patriots-fans-lose-their-minds-over-deshaun-watsons-cryptic-tweet/‬

Personally the only way this is possible is of New England completely bottoms out this season.  They can’t afford Watson this year who would likely want a new contract after a trade.

So in 2021, it would likely tape a crap load of draft picks and money to bring Watson to New England.  That’s only after he plays some serious hard ball by holding out.

Good post!  I don’t think there’s much to this, but all bets are off with O’Brien. It wouldn’t be nearly as impossible as the cap restriction shows (at first glance), however. It would need to involve top-end contracts like Gilmore’s, and of course Thuney (nearly 15 mil on tag).  It would take some finagling, but anything is possible.  I just sincerely doubt it will happen.  A 1st and the inclusion of Gilmore/ Thuney should allow, but again, a much greater mind than mine is also needed...   

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Take this for what you will but many have speculated that DeShaun Watson will force his way out of Houston and end up on the Patriots.  It started with this tweet:

This led to a number of outlets talking about whether it could happen:

‪Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Here's what a hypothetical Texans-Patriots deal could look like https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-heres-what-a-hypothetical-texans-patriots-deal-could-look-like/‬

‪https://nesn.com/2020/03/patriots-fans-lose-their-minds-over-deshaun-watsons-cryptic-tweet/‬

Personally the only way this is possible is of New England completely bottoms out this season.  They can’t afford Watson this year who would likely want a new contract after a trade.

So in 2021, it would likely tape a crap load of draft picks and money to bring Watson to New England.  That’s only after he plays some serious hard ball by holding out.

@Virgil well here's your medicine... looks like we won't have to intervene:cry:

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Who in their right mind would trade Watson?   

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Bill O'Brien and Doug Marrone

1 minute ago, DFT said:

(Bill O’Brien has entered the chat...)

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

I think we all know O’Brien is not in his right mind...

I just realised this was a rhetorical question:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

This rumor started on the day BOB traded away Hopkins. The idea is that BOB will trade Watson to the Pats closer to the deadline, and when O'Brien is fired from Houston this year, he'll have a job waiting for him in NE.

There is a lot of tin-foil hat conspiracy theory in that, but I wouldnt rule out anything when it comes to BOB's bad ideas and the Patriots making their own loophole to landing a top QB.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I get that Bob McNair is racist and such, but he would not stand for it. O’Brien trading Watson would result in him being gone imo. Trading a top receiver, while egregious, is nowhere near as bad as moving Watson. Would be straight insanity. 

That's the point. If the Texans have a bad year, and BOB finds himself on the hotseat, he'll trade Watson to the Pats, and then go work for the Pats next year.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Who in their right mind would trade Watson?   

9 minutes ago, DFT said:

(Bill O’Brien has entered the chat...)

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think we all know O’Brien is not in his right mind...

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Even the Texans aren't dumb enough to trade Watson to the *Patriots.

Relax.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bill O’Brien

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Probably the same person who traded Hopkins.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8I5mNEVbfs6EWpxp1hav

Bill O'Brien showing how many dumb trades he can make before getting canned.

1. Clowney

2. Hopkins

3. Watson to Pats and JJ Watt to us

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1