NFL GM's want Draft postponed

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I only started Ozark last week so I am basically going straight into season 3 after I finish season 2 tonight. Loved season 1. Season 2 is good.... but it isn't quite as good. 

100% agree

Apparently season 3 is somewhere between the 2 in terms of reviews. It has to do with the KC mob. I have fairly high expectations for it.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think the exact opposite. I like Schefter’s idea of 1 round a day for a week. There is NOTHING else going on. This will give team’s more time to work through their boards which is especially important without pre-draft workouts and pro days. The TV audience will be massive even for the later rounds. 

As someone who is on day 14 of quarantine and has 5 more weeks to go. YES PLEASE. This is all I have to look forward to right now!

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For real.  The NFL stuff is the only sports we have.

these GMs act like it’s so hard.  Just research the guy’s background and FaceTime interviews.  They are going to make a bunch of terrible picks anyways.  

or just let each team’s fans vote on the draft picks 

So true. So much overthinking goes into this. Hell, I'd like to see teams forced one year to draft based on college performance only - no combine, pro days, nothing else - just to see what the results would be. Probably not that different from what we currently have. 

• Like (+1) 4

They positioned the draft for the first week of Nielson Sweeps ratings for the spring, this is important for driving advertising dollars.  Which is why it made the move several years ago.

I bet it has to do with physicals more than anything else from the GM side.  Wasting an early pick on a bum knee sucks (insert Willis McGahee joke here)

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% agree

Apparently season 3 is somewhere between the 2 in terms of reviews. It has to do with the KC mob. I have fairly high expectations for it.

If you're looking for a great show, try Counterpart. It's only two seasons, and for my money the best show of the last couple/few years. It's now streaming on Amazon Prime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hjnick said:

Seriously, why could the draft NOT go on other than GMs can't evaluate players as thorough as they would like.

Each teams war room... less than 10 ppl?

Actual draft auditorium... 2 ppl per team, plus some extra ppl...  less than 100 ppl spaced out...

This can be done.

Also, I like the idea of spreading out the draft.  Do it over 5 days, Round 1, 2, 3, 4-5, 6-7

It can be done and I like this format.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If you're looking for a great show, try Counterpart. It's only two seasons, and for my money the best show of the last couple/few years. It's now streaming on Amazon Prime.

I’m going to check it out!! Looking for stuff to watch. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm willing to bet Beane isn't one of the guys begging for postponement.

Ralph/Marv: "There's a draft coming up?"

Russ: "We're gonna win the draft on Facebook! Yeah!"

Buddy: "Did I miss AJ Green, Julio Jones and JJ Watt? Ah hell, just give me my Skoal already and let's get ready to show the world my baby."

Doug: "I want to trade 6 1st's for Sammy, pronto!" 

Image result for doug whaley

Beane, to the rest of the NFL: "Your girlfriend was AMAZING last night. Just wait till I get to your wife."

Image result for brandon beane

• Haha (+1) 9

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

So true. So much overthinking goes into this. Hell, I'd like to see teams forced one year to draft based on college performance only - no combine, pro days, nothing else - just to see what the results would be. Probably not that different from what we currently have. 

I guess the other thing I failed to concern is the medical records.  But couldn’t the nfl just have an approved group of doctors and the entire league uses the same records?

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Well if not push back.... looks like these regional scouts who have had contact with these players will be highlighted. But I’m sure it’s not gonna make that big of a difference. I’m sure their phones still work. Game tape should be enough in most cases 

I would think that would be enough too.

I understand that they will miss out on personal 1-on-1 interviews, but again that can be conducted by video conference or telephone.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Most of these guys have had three to four years to get an idea of who these players are.   In addition, they've had the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

No reason to postpone the draft.

Yet, they unanimously have asked for the draft to be pushed back. Not just one or two GMs, therefore, without knowing exactly every detail that goes into the process... I'll lean with the people asking for the extension over the bored fans who just want any type of sports.

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think the exact opposite. I like Schefter’s idea of 1 round a day for a week. There is NOTHING else going on. This will give team’s more time to work through their boards which is especially important without pre-draft workouts and pro days. The TV audience will be massive even for the later rounds. 

1 round a day.  That would be fantastic.  

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to check it out!! Looking for stuff to watch. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Vikings is also great. (on Hulu)  Better Call Saul (AMC) is another good one.   

Edited by RyanC883
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DFT said:

The NFL stands to lose money, hence RG’s refusal to comply (at the moment).  It’s all about the money.  

They are going to lose money either way.  They might as well do the right thing as demanded by the majority of the teams.  It would be a shame if the commissioner who lives in NYC can't see the big picture.

• Like (+1) 1

Good thing the NFL dont listen

They have had plenty of time to watch all the college games in real time and on tape

You can argue thats all you're really supposed to be doing anyway

let's go Old School, everyone's in same boat

also Players need to know where they're going its their life they need time to plan it

GMs can do interviews on skype or similar platforms.  The athletes have had physicals at the combine.  I am sure that the NFL can arrange physicals for the top 200 with local medical centers.  Otherwise TV contracts might prevent the moving of the draft.  The Commissioner probably will make a final decision soon.