Chris Simms: Five Biggest Winners from NFL Free Agency

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Completely lazy. It’s the robotically programmed response and argument when it comes to Allen. But he did improve from year one to year two, so there’s that. Meanwhile, guys like Mayfield regressed horribly but no one really bashes him. It’s all about what you want to believe and how much influence the media has. 

No one bashed mayfield??? What are you talking about?  He has gotten killed all offseason. 

And who cares about the media?  All that matters on the field.  Personally, I saw improvement with Allen but I still think he has a ways to go and he gets way too much of a pass from Bills fans (understandable).  But the media loved the Bills last year.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

I like your post. You bring up good points and dont try and knock people down. I agree with this somewhat, But your are a bit wrong here (not knocking you, just disagreeing) .

Yes there are ?'s with Allen's accuracy. But the pundits are down on Josh way to much! They think he will never be better than this college play. But he already is. He got better % wise over year 1. He recessed a little on down the field accuracy, but I think that was coaching getting into his head. Let him throw those on a rope, that's what he does. If he improves again this year, he can be a good to very good QB in the pocket. It's not like he played for a team that the O-line gave him all day. He still had to run for his life at times last year. Give me a better O-line (which started to happen towards the end of the year). And enough O weapons. Still need RB 2, WR3/4, TE1/2. And then we can asses Allen as a pocket QB.

Thank you and you make good points.  Believe it or not, I absolutely love Allen’s attitude and work ethic.  I have zero questions about that.  I just worry that we drafted a guy so high and hoping he will be a better player in the nfl than in the MWC.  The amount of 1st round qbs who become better players in the nfl than they were in college is extremely rare.  Also, and our fans hate it, the 60% thing is a real thing.  There is not one qb drafted in the last 5 years who has become successful and never broke the 60% barrier.  Allen would be completely the exception to the rule.

but they have given the pieces and I am definitely excited to see what he does with them this year.  I just wanted the excuses to be done and know for sure if he’s the guy.  But I agree, he certainly carries himself “the right way.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is a vid about qb’s in the draft. ?‍♂️

22 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Here’s the proper video. Bills talk at 48:10

Thank you, man.

Very sorry for the mistake in linkage. I corrected it in the OP.

This has somehow become a Josh Allen thread, but it's not about him. It's about how well they've done the last week or two. It's thoughtful and detailed. People can disagree, but he makes a lot of sense, talking about Addison, Jefferson, Vernon Butler, and Josh Norman. Good value is his main idea here.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Thanks. Was trying to find it. 

While I love me some John brown he makes great points on him and that people value those 5th and 6th rounders wayyyyyy too much. 

It’s what he DIDN’T say that keeps the peanut gallery chirping. We still have a 5th & 6th Rounder! The picks we gave were gifts for trading schleppers who weren’t gonna make the team anyway.

i should just calm down and let the idiots blare their horn. Not like I’m gonna change their opinions..

• Awesome! (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He likes what Simms says because there’s context and it makes sense.... and that’s not to say that anyone that says anything bad about Allen is wrong. But it’s refreshing to see an actual NFL qb saying something other than the lazy narrative of “he’s not accurate. Blah blah blah”.... which is what the majority do. It’s lazy. 

It's not lazy when it's historical. It's lazy to look for reasons outside of the history.

He said Brown has been on 3 teams, that's meaningless. The moment you play for another team like the Bills that's 2 so 1 more isn't a big deal. Brown isn't elite, but he's not a scrub and that's what Simms did to justify his argument. That's lazy.

Brown has been great on the Bills and he's not 5'8" he's 5'11" just ONE whole inch shorter than Diggs.

3 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

It's not lazy when it's historical. It's lazy to look for reasons outside of the history.

He said Brown has been on 3 teams, that's meaningless. The moment you play for another team like the Bills that's 2 so 1 more isn't a big deal. Brown isn't elite, but he's not a scrub and that's what Simms did to justify his argument. That's lazy.

Brown has been great on the Bills and he's not 5'8" he's 5'11" just ONE whole inch shorter than Diggs.

I think your your posting and your thoughts on this board are awful so I’m not gonna talk to you(other than his specific post to tell you how crappy I think your posts are of course).

but thanks for your input..... even though it almost always sucks. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think your your posting and your thoughts on this board are awful so I’m not gonna talk to you(other than his specific post to tell you how crappy I think your posts are of course).

but thanks for your input..... even though it almost always sucks. 

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

• Haha (+1) 1