Chris Simms: Five Biggest Winners from NFL Free Agency

https://content.production.cdn.art19.com/validation=1585312191,9fd3d284-bd25-538e-855e-ab5459654623,6Se1ft1wbu5ij5ktesolmXHGNvw/episodes/5027e7a3-78ad-47d5-a8fa-d8ec7ff78633/7e8a6bb14238cf26c14c8f2ad1e33df13b6463bbbfee5b070e469bf72ecc355ef42c9c8e525ed3cad743dc24f99aa1be98bc35a95e955a9f8e746491f0e8f678/Unbuttoned EP 136 200319.mp3

This is the audio, if you want to watch video, go here and click on the right on episode #136:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXEMPXZ3PY1iv0O0hBfcQiFIPSvndirCZ

It's his March 20th episode and he talks about his top five biggest winners (plus an honorable mention) in free agency. I searched for Simms' name and didn't find this. If I missed something, feel free to merge.

The Bills make it.The countdown starts at about 20:45. He talks about Diggs but also about the smaller moves.

EDIT: Sorry for screwing up the link. I corrected it. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Here’s the proper video. Bills talk at 48.10

Thanks. Was trying to find it. 

While I love me some John brown he makes great points on him and that people value those 5th and 6th rounders wayyyyyy too much. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He was on buffalo and Allen all last offseason. Worked out okay 

I love how Simms mocks those that complain about Allen. He loves him. It’s refreshing to see someone that actually knows the game talk glowingly about Allen. People need to pay more attention to guys like him and less attention to pre draft write ups. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

The odds of us picking up a starting caliber player, let alone a very good one, are miniscule. We got 1 of the top 5 WR's in the NFL. I checked my Madden game and his overall rating is 93. The next highest rated guys are White and Hyde at 88. I'm not suggesting Madden ratings are definitive, but it gives you some idea. My big concern is the OL and Josh. We still need much improvement there to take full advantage of Diggs' talent.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I love how Simms mocks those that complain about Allen. He loves him. It’s refreshing to see someone that actually knows the game talk glowingly about Allen. People need to pay more attention to guys like him and less attention to pre draft write ups. 

Come on dude.  Basically you said you like Simms because he likes Allen.  There are plenty of nfl connected people who still have plenty of questions about Allen still.  

it’s funny that there are threads about Cam Newton.  Allen plays like a lesser version of Newton and isn’t as good of a passer.  As with Newton, the question is if Allen isn’t running, is he good enough to win from the pocket?  Right now, it’s hard to say he is. 

and on topic, the Bills had a very good offseason.  I’d still like a big bodied receiver, edge rusher, and rb.  But we’ve had good offseason before.  It’s all about Allen growing. 

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

The odds of us picking up a starting caliber player, let alone a very good one, are miniscule. We got 1 of the top 5 WR's in the NFL. I checked my Madden game and his overall rating is 93. The next highest rated guys are White and Hyde at 88. I'm not suggesting Madden ratings are definitive, but it gives you some idea. My big concern is the OL and Josh. We still need much improvement there to take full advantage of Diggs' talent.

Love the Madden ratings!

• Like (+1) 1

Wow Chris Simms must have been the black sheep of the family the dude has some pretty spicy language never heard dad talk like that except maybe on the field .

i have caught him on the pro football site catching him self almost injecting some spice into those conversations which i'm sure the powers that be would give him a talking to .

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on dude.  Basically you said you like Simms because he likes Allen.  There are plenty of nfl connected people who still have plenty of questions about Allen still.  

it’s funny that there are threads about Cam Newton.  Allen plays like a lesser version of Newton and isn’t as good of a passer.  As with Newton, the question is if Allen isn’t running, is he good enough to win from the pocket?  Right now, it’s hard to say he is. 

and on topic, the Bills had a very good offseason.  I’d still like a big bodied receiver, edge rusher, and rb.  But we’ve had good offseason before.  It’s all about Allen growing. 

Love the Madden ratings!

I’ll take the opinion of someone that has experience in the position over draft nerds any day of the week. Other former qbs love him too btw. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love the Madden ratings!

He likes what Simms says because there’s context and it makes sense.... and that’s not to say that anyone that says anything bad about Allen is wrong. But it’s refreshing to see an actual NFL qb saying something other than the lazy narrative of “he’s not accurate. Blah blah blah”.... which is what the majority do. It’s lazy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

While I love me some John brown he makes great points on him and that people value those 5th and 6th rounders wayyyyyy too much. 

Good point, Stank. I think people forget that when your team is good (like we finally are!), lower-round players have much less impact, and even have difficulty making the team. Case in point: I can't remember a lot of 5th/6th round players making much impact on the great early-1990s Bills teams. If a team is generally set at most positions, low-round picks just don't factor as much. And if Diggs pays off this year, that 4th rounder next years will also look trivial ...

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He likes what Simms says because there’s context and it makes sense.... and that’s not to say that anyone that says anything bad about Allen is wrong. But it’s refreshing to see an actual NFL qb saying something other than the lazy narrative of “he’s not accurate. Blah blah blah”.... which is what the majority do. It’s lazy. 

Completely lazy. It’s the robotically programmed response and argument when it comes to Allen. But he did improve from year one to year two, so there’s that. Meanwhile, guys like Mayfield regressed horribly but no one really bashes him. It’s all about what you want to believe and how much influence the media has. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love the Madden ratings!

I like your post. You bring up good points and dont try and knock people down. I agree with this somewhat, But your are a bit wrong here (not knocking you, just disagreeing) .

Yes there are ?'s with Allen's accuracy. But the pundits are down on Josh way to much! They think he will never be better than this college play. But he already is. He got better % wise over year 1. He recessed a little on down the field accuracy, but I think that was coaching getting into his head. Let him throw those on a rope, that's what he does. If he improves again this year, he can be a good to very good QB in the pocket. It's not like he played for a team that the O-line gave him all day. He still had to run for his life at times last year. Give me a better O-line (which started to happen towards the end of the year). And enough O weapons. Still need RB 2, WR3/4, TE1/2. And then we can asses Allen as a pocket QB.

• Like (+1) 1