Bills Among Favorites Says Ravens Beat Guy/Columnist

Agree with almost all he writes, except this: "Another is the Ravens have a major advantage over Buffalo at the quarterback position with Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen." I question that. At this point, I would say they're about even. Jackson is a better runner, and Allen is a better passer.--but there is not much separation either way. I would say its about even right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

Agree with almost all he writes, except this: "Another is the Ravens have a major advantage over Buffalo at the quarterback position with Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen." I question that. At this point, I would say they're about even. Jackson is a better runner, and Allen is a better passer.--but there is not much separation either way. I would say its about even right now.

Im with ya there. Its not a "major" advantage IMO

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Jackson was third in the league in passer rating. If Allen had been third, the Bills would have won the Super Bowl.  Hard to say Allen is the better passer. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Jackson was third in the league in passer rating. If Allen had been third, the Bills would have won the Super Bowl.  Hard to say Allen is the better passer. 

It’s all in the game they are asked to execute and the players that surround them. How well did Jackson’s passing game help him in the playoffs? 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

So true, but I think Jackson will be forced to adjust after a year of film. Between the hashes and the TE stuff up the seams will be mostly taken away, and he’ll have to grow in his game, as does Josh. A lot on the QB’s, and a lot on the coaching staffs. Hard to tell right now. 

Some interesting points in article made even better without multiple ads of questionable truth like many websites.

They already had a strong defense led by Tre’Davious White, who might be the best cornerback in the league. They also have middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, who, like White, is young and a centerpiece of the defense.

Yes only AFC CB who had no TDs against him with significant snaps last year.  I am not sure I would say it led by him.

He is big, tall and can make plays on the inside with his route-running or outside with his speed. The Gaithersburg native has had over 60 catches in four of his first five seasons, including 63 for 1,130 yards and nine touchdowns last year — his second consecutive season over 1,000 yards.

Well one more season like that he will match Stevie Johnson although not in height. He is tall however compared to Bills WRs except Duke Williams but not very tall.  Saw him at event and was close enough to tell he is not a complete 6' being at least an inch shorter than me at 6'0.5".  

One difference is that the Ravens still don’t have a legitimate No. 1 receiver, and the Bills now have Diggs. Another is the Ravens have a major advantage over Buffalo at the quarterback position with Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen. Both are young and growing.

I still think Lamar Jackson is more RB than QB and he needs to improve a lot to prevent better teams from neutralizing 

They’re as good as any team in the AFC now, and with a little luck and improved play from Allen, they could go to the conference title game.

Yes it really comes down to luck and luck like bad calls by zebras is hard to overcome.  The only way to do so it to be so good the issues are not speed bumps.

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

This reads like a 6th grader w ADHD wrote it. 

Nice to get some respect - but this is all over the place 

ADHD has nothing to do with writing style.  Many professional writers have that issue.  It does seem to make a difference in posters who write like they are doing tweets and IMs.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

ADHD has nothing to do with writing style.  Many professional writers have that issue.  It does seem to make a difference in posters who write like they are doing tweets and IMs.

Iiii think you took that a little litteral.

Like, if you say something smells like crap, it may not ACTUALLY smell like crap - but it gives you the idea it smells bad...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Wow, there's a guy not afraid to make bold statements.  

Good to see someone outside of Buffalo paying attention. 

It’s been gaining some steam as the offseason has rolled along. Right after the season ended Adam Schein proclaimed buffalo as the favorites in the East.  Dan Orvlosky was on Espn the other day after the diggs trade. He talked of how he thought of the bills as the favorites to win the East even before the diggs move and Brady leaving NE. He said he now considers them legitimate contenders in the AFC. 

It’s all just lip service at this point, but my goodness it’s refreshing! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3