Do the Patriots have a bottom 5 roster?

17 minutes ago, White Linen said:

They still have a good roster.  We've had really good rosters during the drought.  The QB is the difference and their roster won't be enough even with BB, IMO.

That offensive line isn't going to get away with all those penalties that don't get called and the ridiculous calls made on the teams they've played.

The Bills didn't have many quality rosters during the drought. I would say 2004 and 2015 talent wise were the best rosters but neither roster was a top 10 QB away from the Super Bowl (Rex along with a decline in the defense hamstrung the 2015 team and the 2004 team had a poor O-line.) 

I can't really think of any other high quality roster that would have won 11+ games with a good QB. Maybe 2014 because the defense that year was great but they also had one of the worst O-lines in the league and a bad running back situation too. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah but how many ex-Cheaters OL leave them and fail with their new teams?  I can't recall a single one being nearly as good as he was there.  And a lot of that has to do with Scarnecchia and probably Brady calling protections.

For sure. And I said avoid Solder and avoid Trent Brown. I'd have signed Joe Thuney though if I was a team needing help and he hit the market. What you should ask is how many times does Belichick decide to pay Olinemen? Not often is the answer and yet other than Wynn who is still on his rookie deal he has paid all of this group. These guys are just better than the guys they have had before.