Chargers got a new logo

Whkfc

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's the old vs. new.  At least they're not the Rams.

la-chargers-new-logo-compare-with-old-lo

Yes, the first time I saw that Rams logo, somebody posted a picture of a hat so I thought that was just some funky hat design. I was surprised to find out that it was truly their new logo.   Maybe they used the same company as the Clippers to come up with that.

Worst part is that the horn looks like a ‘C’

• Like (+1) 1

These are some mock-ups someone posted on a uni-watch Facebook page. Hoping that they go with something close to this. The shoulder bolt that has been sectioned off over a color-block that doesn’t follow the contour of the point edges with the Nike jersey cut really disrupts the design flow. The free form sublimation here is a great, clean look. I would just move it a bit further down the shoulder to make room for some TV numbers.

7C32BDAE-F5D2-431F-9D0F-303C2B7D0713.jpeg

On 3/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, Doc Brown said:

Here's the old vs. new.  At least they're not the Rams.

la-chargers-new-logo-compare-with-old-lo

Slight difference, but not that dramatic of a change.

If they are going back to powder blue jerseys, that will be great. The navy blue jerseys never made any sense.

I also really liked the electric blue jerseys during the Fouts era, they were cool.

26 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

If they are going back to powder blue jerseys, that will be great. The navy blue jerseys never made any sense.

They did go back to powder blue as their primary jersey last year.   I guess no one paid attention. 

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

These are some mock-ups someone posted on a uni-watch Facebook page. Hoping that they go with something close to this. The shoulder bolt that has been sectioned off over a color-block that doesn’t follow the contour of the point edges with the Nike jersey cut really disrupts the design flow. The free form sublimation here is a great, clean look. I would just move it a bit further down the shoulder to make room for some TV numbers.

7C32BDAE-F5D2-431F-9D0F-303C2B7D0713.jpeg

That would be a nice upgrade if it turns out to be similar to this.  Would prefer the UCLA stripes they use to have. 

I wish the Chargers would get the people who design the "wolf standing at the edge of a cliff during a foggy lightning storm" t-shirt to do the new logo. There is only a certain amount of ways you can draw a lightning bolt.

So, let me get this straight, somebody actually got paid to come up with the idea to change the outer edge and add a barely noticeable extra curvature to the logo. Seriously? Who came up with this one. 

In the Board Room

”We need more fans”

”We need a QB”

”We need people to come to the games”

Some guy way in the back 

“I have the solution.... we change the color of the outer edge of our logo” 

Board room breaks out in applause