Breshad Perriman to Jets

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

The Jets were either #1 or 2 against the run.  They need some decent CBs, and they'll be tough.

Their secondary is not that good besides Jamal Adams and they have an anemic pass rush. Their defense will be average at best. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, billsfan89 said:

What in my mind kills the Jets is the coaching. Gase is a huge anchor around the neck of the team it is embarrassing.

I don’t think much of him as a coach, but he did well last year.  They were expected to win 7 games according to Vegas.  They hit that number in spite of the fact that their starting QB was out or less than 100% for several games.  New York has a talent problem.  Can’t really expect much better than 7-9 with that roster.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Thee Dolphins I am not sold on being much more than a 7-8 win team. I don't think they play Tua and I think their big free agency splurge is bound to not give them the results they hoped. Long term their hopes rest on Tua and how he develops. 

Saw an interesting stat on Tua today: for his entire college career, he was hit or sacked on only 77 dropbacks...and was seriously injured on three of those hits. Meanwhile, Fitz was hit/sacked over 130 times last season alone and didn't miss time. So, if I'm Miami, I'm looking to build one of the best passpro OLs in the league before handing the keys to Tua, otherwise that dude could have an awfully short career. They're off to a great start with this Austin Jackson kid, 10th overall pick, wait what's this? Bills second round pick AJ Epenesa beat the pants off the guy the last time they played? Daahahahaha! I love it. I hate you, Miami. I hate you, New England. And I really... really hate you, NYJ. Go straight to heck. All of yas. Do not pass Go, do not collect any victories whatsoever and just be gone. Turds. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

People in hell want ice water

They think small...............I’ll be wanting a nice cold beer!  :)

What? If I’m in hell already, why am I worried about getting fat or what happens to my liver? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

Here are two reasons why the Jets will be only occasionally competitive this year.1. Adams Gase. 2. Sam Darnold.   Their generally inept front office would certainly be third place.  

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. The Jets are a good year (two?) behind the Bills in the rebuild. The Dolphins are weirdly almost there, but the "almost" -- QB -- is kind of a big one. They probably are a 7-8 win team, particularly in this division (and playing the AFC West like us), but that's kind of amazing given where they were in late September, when it looked like they legitimately could've gone 0-16 last year (they started out being outscored 102-10 in the first TWO games, and THEN traded one of their best players) and maybe 4-12 this year. Again: the new NFL, where mistakes no longer haunt you for a decade.

The Jets problem is their coach talent wise they are only a step behind (probably 2 starting pieces on defense and a reliable receiver away from having a similar talent level to what the Bills had in 2019) the 2019 Bills team talent wise but the coaching is mediocre at best. Gase scheme wise isn't a bad coach but he doesn't seem to know how to handle and mold the culture of an organization. What makes me fear the Jets long term is that I think Darnold will be a legit top 10 QB. But I question their ability to get enough talent around him in the next 2 seasons when he will still be on his rookie deal and if they won't dump Gase and rest their ability to compete by the time Darnold is due for a big cap hit. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Here are two reasons why the Jets will be only occasionally competitive this year.1. Adams Gase. 2. Sam Darnold.   Their generally inept front office would certainly be third place.  

This past off-season the Jets actually acted pretty prudently. It was just the mess that was 2019 (lots of high end signings that ignored depth) free agency that set the team back. The Jets quietly rebuild their O-line with some smart signings and added several pieces to their offense via the draft. Their defense while nothing fantastic isn't tragic. I think Gase is a much bigger hinderance to that organization than their current GM (who wasn't there in the 2019 free agency period.) 

Gase is a good offensive mind but watching that team and that organization you see a team that has not culture and can't get out of its own way despite a not so bad talent level and a good young QB. I like Darnold he is what the Jets have going for themselves. Gase is what will hold that team back from winning more than 10 games in Darnold's rookie contract.  

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets problem is their coach talent wise they are only a step behind (probably 2 starting pieces on defense and a reliable receiver away from having a similar talent level to what the Bills had in 2019) the 2019 Bills team talent wise but the coaching is mediocre at best. Gase scheme wise isn't a bad coach but he doesn't seem to know how to handle and mold the culture of an organization. What makes me fear the Jets long term is that I think Darnold will be a legit top 10 QB. But I question their ability to get enough talent around him in the next 2 seasons when he will still be on his rookie deal and if they won't dump Gase and rest their ability to compete by the time Darnold is due for a big cap hit. 

This past off-season the Jets actually acted pretty prudently. It was just the mess that was 2019 (lots of high end signings that ignored depth) free agency that set the team back. The Jets quietly rebuild their O-line with some smart signings and added several pieces to their offense via the draft. Their defense while nothing fantastic isn't tragic. I think Gase is a much bigger hinderance to that organization than their current GM (who wasn't there in the 2019 free agency period.) 

Gase is a good offensive mind but watching that team and that organization you see a team that has not culture and can't get out of its own way despite a not so bad talent level and a good young QB. I like Darnold he is what the Jets have going for themselves. Gase is what will hold that team back from winning more than 10 games in Darnold's rookie contract.  

I certainly don't think the Jets are as bad as some others do, but i'm not as bullish on them as you are. 

Darnold, to me, is in the same boat as Allen.  Some positive signs, some worrying signs, but overall the trajectory is upwards and Year 3 is going to be one where they both need to make the jump for their team & fans to fully buy into them as Franchise QB's.

Their coaching is certainly mediocre. 

Talent-wise, their pretty close to the bottom of the AFCE. 

Bills have a pretty loaded roster around Allen with good coaching and a great front office.

Pats have an elite defense, elite coaching and an offense lacking skill position threats but boasting a strong OL to protect Stidham and the running game.

Dolphins seem to be battling the Jets for 3rd place in terms of talent.  Jets have a better Front 7 and the Dolphins have a better secondary.  Both have rebuilt offensive lines.  Both have below average playmakers at the skill positions.  Darnold being in Year 3 vs Fitz or rookie Tua is obviously a major difference.

Jets OL seems to be what we built last year, only we have continuity for an average unit in 2019 to potentially make a jump, while they will all be playing with each other for the first time this year.    Their secondary is average at best with their strong safety play.  Their Front 7 is stout but doesn't generate much of a pass rush.  On offense, their playmakers are really underwhelming.... Bell, Gore and Perine in the backfield with Perriman, Mims, Crowder and Herndon won't scare too many DC's.  Darnold will have his work cut out for him to elevate that offense.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I certainly don't think the Jets are as bad as some others do, but i'm not as bullish on them as you are. 

Darnold, to me, is in the same boat as Allen.  Some positive signs, some worrying signs, but overall the trajectory is upwards and Year 3 is going to be one where they both need to make the jump for their team & fans to fully buy into them as Franchise QB's.

Their coaching is certainly mediocre. 

Talent-wise, their pretty close to the bottom of the AFCE. 

Bills have a pretty loaded roster around Allen with good coaching and a great front office.

Pats have an elite defense, elite coaching and an offense lacking skill position threats but boasting a strong OL to protect Stidham and the running game.

Dolphins seem to be battling the Jets for 3rd place in terms of talent.  Jets have a better Front 7 and the Dolphins have a better secondary.  Both have rebuilt offensive lines.  Both have below average playmakers at the skill positions.  Darnold being in Year 3 vs Fitz or rookie Tua is obviously a major difference.

Jets OL seems to be what we built last year, only we have continuity for an average unit in 2019 to potentially make a jump, while they will all be playing with each other for the first time this year.    Their secondary is average at best with their strong safety play.  Their Front 7 is stout but doesn't generate much of a pass rush.  On offense, their playmakers are really underwhelming.... Bell, Gore and Perine in the backfield with Perriman, Mims, Crowder and Herndon won't scare too many DC's.  Darnold will have his work cut out for him to elevate that offense.

It is all about the QB in this league and I think Darnold will rival Allen as the best QB in the AFCE over the next 4 years. I think the Jets GM this past off-season has also shown to be a much more prudent approach that might help them build long term. What concerns me about the Jets is Darnold who I think will ascend to being a top 10 QB. When you have a good QB you could get to 8-10 wins fairly consistently. The Fins and Pats don't really have as good of a QB situation which casts doubts as to how they can compete long term.