Breshad Perriman to Jets

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If I was Darnold I would be talking to my agent to try and work on a trade for me lol. Even if they have another crap season, they’re not gonna fire Gase. They’re still paying off Bowles and I believe this is the last year they’re paying Rex Ryan. They’re not gonna keep wasting money hiring/firing coaches.

This is the Jets we’re talking about. They can easily fire Gase and let greggo take over 

It's pretty obvious.  The Jets lost Robbie Anderson, and had to replace him.  They get something close to Anderson in terms of size and speed.  We know Anderson's record of production is far superior, and the only reason they signed Perriman is to replace what they lost.  The contract reflects their skepticism that Perriman will be effective, a one year deal.  If Perriman falls flat on his face, he's one and done with no long term cap issues.  Naturally, I hope that's what happens.  It will be interesting to watch what happens in any case.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 12:59 AM, SCBills said:

I don’t hate it if they draft a WR early. 

Jeudy - Perriman - Crowder with Bell at RB isn’t awful.   It’s risky, with a rookie and a bust who had a couple good games, but not awful.  

They seem to be doing similar things that we’ve done, just worse. 

They still have Enunwa as well who I like but is always hurt. Jeudy and Enunwa with Crowder in the slot and Perriman to play in specific packages is not awful. However, unless they get some linemen they could have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and TO at wide receiver and it wouldn't matter if Darnold is on the ground.

18 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Anderson would have and did worry me.  Perriman not so much.  Darnold is going to be jealous of Josh's weapons.

Anderson is one of a very small collection of receivers who has given Tre White problems at times. I'm very glad to see him out of the AFC.

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t really think Anderson was anything special plus he is a moron off the field.  Perriman is super talented (1st round pick) but he has bricks for hands.  I hope he forgets how to catch again

You are wrong on this C.Biscuit. Anderson is a much better player than Perriman.

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t really think Anderson was anything special plus he is a moron off the field.  Perriman is super talented (1st round pick) but he has bricks for hands.  I hope he forgets how to catch again.  

I will say this without a doubt.  The Bills have done a much better job surrounding Allen with talent than the Jets have with Darnold.

Others have already responded but Anderson is a better player than Perriman.

And as for surrounding their QB with talent...the Jets gave Darnold Anderson, Crowder, Bell...if people start claiming Darnold "hasn't been given a chance" to explain why Allen is having more success I'm going to call b.s.

30 minutes ago, eball said:

Others have already responded but Anderson is a better player than Perriman.

And as for surrounding their QB with talent...the Jets gave Darnold Anderson, Crowder, Bell...if people start claiming Darnold "hasn't been given a chance" to explain why Allen is having more success I'm going to call b.s.

Darnold hasn't been given a line. They both had tissue paper lines as rookies.... Beane did something about it and the Jets failed to. Weapons wise I agree Darnold has had some pieces - and if you look at how he played from week 8 on last season after the first half of his season was affected by the mono.... Darnold played well - 62%, 14 TDs, 5 INTs and on tape you really saw a step up in his game. Josh is ahead at this stage, but it is close, and he is certainly in a better run, more stable organisation. I think Darnold after the "seeing ghosts" game straightened his play out... if I were a Jets fan he would be the one bright spark for me. Once the inevitable Gase firing happens next January they might have a Quarterback for a new coach to come in and work with.

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Darnold hasn't been given a line. They both had tissue paper lines as rookies.... Beane did something about it and the Jets failed to. Weapons wise I agree Darnold has had some pieces - and if you look at how he played from week 8 on last season after the first half of his season was affected by the mono.... Darnold played well - 62%, 14 TDs, 5 INTs and on tape you really saw a step up in his game. Josh is ahead at this stage, but it is close, and he is certainly in a better run, more stable organisation. I think Darnold after the "seeing ghosts" game straightened his play out... if I were a Jets fan he would be the one bright spark for me. Once the inevitable Gase firing happens next January they might have a Quarterback for a new coach to come in and work with.

I know you already know this, but playing good football when your season is already over (as the Jets did after W7 last year) is much different than playing well in games that matter.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

His status is definitely unclear.

I believe he was pissed at the Jets for something related to his injury - was he the one being fined for not being at the facility while he was on IR? Anyway, here is this 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, eball said:

I know you already know this, but playing good football when your season is already over (as the Jets did after W7 last year) is much different than playing well in games that matter.

For sure. But he didn't play in many of the games that mattered. I think there was a noticeable step up in Darnold's play. Of course he has to show he can maintain it but I think Darnold still has a chance to be good.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For sure. But he didn't play in many of the games that mattered. I think there was a noticeable step up in Darnold's play. Of course he has to show he can maintain it but I think Darnold still has a chance to be good.

Darnold definitely has a bright future imo I just think he’s been set up poorly thus far for success, for a number of reasons both within and beyond the team’s control 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Darnold definitely has a bright future imo I just think he’s been set up poorly thus far for success, for a number of reasons both within and beyond the team’s control 

Oh I'm not calling him a bust by any means...I bet he is a bit envious of the organization his good buddy Josh got drafted into, though.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, YoloinOhio said:
Darnold:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aca615fa7aa51086393

You’re forgetting Gase’s reputation as the ‘quarterback whisperer’.  A few sweet nothings in Darnold’s ear about Perriman by Gase, and Sammy boy will be ‘so nice, lawd, he’ll be lovey dovey’.  ?

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh I'm not calling him a bust by any means...I bet he is a bit envious of the organization his good buddy Josh got drafted into, though.

For sure he is. I think roles reversed Darnold would be ahead at this point. The Bills are finally a stable organisation with a plan and the Jets are a hot mess.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For sure he is. I think roles reversed Darnold would be ahead at this point. The Bills are finally a stable organisation with a plan and the Jets are a hot mess.

Jets asked for it when they hired Gase.

• Like (+1) 1