Breshad Perriman to Jets

At this point I think we need to smart on free agents especially WR

Is there anyone in free agency that truly unseats any of our starters now that Diggs is in the fold and McKenzie is back.....with the possibility of also drafting a WR in the upcoming draft.

The top 3 WR are absolutely set and a pretty darn good top 3......McKenzie started several games for us....Foster was brought back......Duke is stull under contract.

It looks like we are about done in free agency

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Anderson got more $$$ and an extra year. Are the Jets in Cap Jail? 

They still have $37M according to Over-the-Cap--they could have ponied up for Robbie if Robbie wanted to be there...

The McDermott/Beane effect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Gase effect

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

At this point I think we need to smart on free agents especially WR

Is there anyone in free agency that truly unseats any of our starters now that Diggs is in the fold and McKenzie is back.....with the possibility of also drafting a WR in the upcoming draft.

The top 3 WR are absolutely set and a pretty darn good top 3......McKenzie started several games for us....Foster was brought back......Duke is stull under contract.

It looks like we are about done in free agency

They're definitely done spending big bucks on FA WR's.  I think there may still be a move or three left to make in FA.

The Perriman signing is a good signing by the Jets.  I'm sure Joe Douglas tried to get Anderson back but Anderson was in that dumpster fire of a locker room last season being run by chief arsonist Adam Gase, and I'm sure Anderson was looking for a both a payday and a change of scenery.

Perriman was the last decent WR left in the free agent market.  Douglas was left with no other real option but to bring him in and hope that the Perriman that spelled Mike Evans at the end of last season is the Perriman that shows up for training camp and the regular season.  

Perriman, Crowder,  and Enunwa isn't a bad trio plus they have Bell who is a solid receiving back.  The Jets new GM Joe Douglas has tried to pull a Beane and has brought in several low-mid range free agent O-Lineman who might prove to be an economical upgrade on last year's horrific line.  Fant could also end up being the worst LT in football and get Darnold killed.  Time will tell.

Douglas is someone who came up under Ozzie Newsome and it looks like he is trying to do things right, and he is certainly a huge upgrade over Mike McCagnan who was a train wreck of a GM, but I still believe that as long as Adam Gase is coaching that team, the Jets will be stuck in neutral.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

They still have $37M according to Over-the-Cap--they could have ponied up for Robbie if Robbie wanted to be there...

The McDermott/Beane effect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Gase effect

Thank you for reminding me that Adam Gase is the head coach of the Jets. Things I don't think about during tax season, but you just brightened my day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t hate it if they draft a WR early. 

Jeudy - Perriman - Crowder with Bell at RB isn’t awful.   It’s risky, with a rookie and a bust who had a couple good games, but not awful.  

They seem to be doing similar things that we’ve done, just worse.  

Please not Judge Jeudy:cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Just because the Jets did it it doesn't necessarily follow that it's a bad move. 

It's the 33rd highest WR salary, tied with 4 other guys, putting him into the top 37. Yeah, he hasn't proved he's worth that but he's (very briefly) played at that level. And it's a one-year contract so if he doesn't work out he's off the cap next year. Not a bad risk, IMO, especially for a team that had $35 mill to spend before they signed him.

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets faithful will tell you Perriman is simply a better WR than Robby. I'm skeptical of that personally. If Perriman plays like he did the last couple games in Tampa and if Enunwa comes back fully healthy, it's not that bad of a receiving corps. Nothing scary about it by any means, but not terrible. There's a lot of downside there though and we'll see what they do in the draft. Everything the media has been hearing up until now has been that OT or CB is their preferred option in the first round but they're obviously positioned very well to get one of the top 3 WRs if they want to.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Is Enuwa coming back? Dude has some serious cervical issues going on. 

Yes. Question is if he's any good after that injury.

Edited by DCOrange

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t hate it if they draft a WR early. 

Jeudy - Perriman - Crowder with Bell at RB isn’t awful.   It’s risky, with a rookie and a bust who had a couple good games, but not awful.  

They seem to be doing similar things that we’ve done, just worse.  

I absolutely pray they take a WR early. Ignoring that OLine has been and still is their biggest downfall. 

They are experiencing what we used to experience, which is free agents use them as leverage.

Had they walked out of FA with a more solidified OLine I'd be nervous about them adding a playmaker. Despite Gase ruining every playmaker hes gotten his hands on.

The Jets are honestly, and not just saying this because I hate their guts, are in one of the worst situations in the league from top to bottom on their roster.

Even if they want to debate Darnold/Allen, and say Darnold is better, well never see that ceiling be met in New Jersey that's for ***** sure.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JoeF said:

Robbie Anderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Perriman

Jets being Jetsy again....

I don’t really think Anderson was anything special plus he is a moron off the field.  Perriman is super talented (1st round pick) but he has bricks for hands.  I hope he forgets how to catch again.  

I will say this without a doubt.  The Bills have done a much better job surrounding Allen with talent than the Jets have with Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I sneaky like a few of the Jet moves this offseason. I think they’re still in trouble this season though. 

If I was Darnold I would be talking to my agent to try and work on a trade for me lol. Even if they have another crap season, they’re not gonna fire Gase. They’re still paying off Bowles and I believe this is the last year they’re paying Rex Ryan. They’re not gonna keep wasting money hiring/firing coaches.