2010 via Gamepass vs. Now

corta765

So with the NFL allowing gamepass for free I am watching every Bills game from 2010 to present  I could've started in 2009 but I didn't have the heart and I wanted the full decade. So far I am five games in and the Bills are leading the Jags 13-6 as I speak (they will lose 36-28). Here are some fun observations a decade later between both teams, the stadium, the NFL etc.. :

·         The Bills were bad but they just also feel sooo irrevelant in every way. The stadium looks bland, the ownership is a question mark, there are no real players of young exciting name value outside of Kyle Williams and Jarius Byrd. They feel like a rudderless team trying to re-establish themselves and they play that way also. They feel like a franchise that’s a decade behind. I am soo happy this is no longer the case.

·         The uniforms yikes! I have thought at times when I see the dark blue jerseys on fans “oh they weren’t that bad” and then I watch this.. yes they were that bad. I get why they made the change but they couldn’t have done worse other than changing the colors from blue and red in general.

·         The stadium presentation is so much better now compared to then. The fans are louder which is noticeable, but the renovations did do a good job to make the stadium look better on film. The overall in stadium environment just feels so much improved. Also noticed fans did not stand as often in the lower bowl. Perhaps it was just because the team stunk, but I do believe that has changed

·         Some of the starters on the team are just downright hilarious. Reggie Torbor? He’s there! Jeff Hangartner? He’s your starting center over Eric Wood whose at guard. Hope you like Jonathan Stupar at TE because he is there. Roscoe Parrish either drops the ball or catches the ball and runs to the wrong area.

·         The defense was soo bad. Any time a 3rd down or big stop was needed just pencil in a TD haha. I appreciate that for a few years now you can at least depend that 50% of the time will get a stop. The lack of talent just is soo noticeable but even the execution is pathetic. I remember a decent debate about Paul Pouzlousny leaving and whether we should’ve paid him. Watching it back I can’t believe that conversation happened. Credit to McBeane for the work and comptenecy they have brought to the team, but I will even credit Whaley a bit for at least bringing a talent expectation back. There was nothing with Nix and crew.

·         Someday I will get the full explanation for why when we had Fred Jackson and Lynch we drafted Spiller. For the record CJ shows her bursts of talent and I wish had a longer career, but such a dumb decision.

·         The lack of flags and referee focused calls is refreshing and I miss. You don’t have nearly the reviews or controversy the game just flows. I really do think the additional rules are the problem watching this back.

·         The Jills are there… I truthfully could care less there gone

·         Following up with that players really could hit each other still. The rules weren’t in place the way they are now and guys still lit each other up fairly regularly. Safety is good and I do not want to say the NFL today is soft, but it is noticeable how the game has changed. You can see how much faster players are which may also play a role in less hitting.

·         CBS really I mean really was hyped for Hawaii 5.0.

·         Peyton Manning was with the Colts doing his thing which was a cool throwback

·         Kyle Orton was with the Broncos…also doing whatever his thing was

·         This was Vick’s return season with the Eagles and man their Kelly green unis need to come back

·         Watching Gronk as just a rookie and knowing what he would become was weird, cool, and sucked all at once. Watching Aaron Hernandez was just straight creepy knowing what he would do.

·         The CBS broadcast during the Pats Bills week 3 game talks about how each decade an AFC East team had taken the division for themselves Dolphins 80s, Bills 90s, Pats 2000s and asks if the Pats can keep it going or if the up and coming Jets would take them down or someone else. Can I just say how much it blows that NE really has gone two straight decades without a divisional challenger. I hope we beat them 200-0 both games this year.

-         Speaking of Gus Johnson in the booth is soo missed he was awesome

·         Lady Gaga was the jam at the stadium

·         For those Rochester folk like myself Paetec had a big sign right behind the one endzone. Crazy how they went from being a big deal to nothing now.

·         The Browns are starting Seneca Wallace at QB. I generally just feel bad for their fans. We had our drought but at least we finally have had some good years and in general since 2014 the Bills have been .500 or better most years. That franchise needs some luck.

·         Carson Palmer is the Bengals QB in his last year. Crazy to think most thought he was nearly washed up and yet would revive his career in Arizona.

·         Aaron Rodgers is not the guy he is now.. and Brett Farves shadow still looms large. Funny how time passes and players become legends and other guys take their place. Rodgers now is the old guy

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So with the NFL allowing gamepass for free I am watching every Bills game from 2010 to present  I could've started in 2009 but I didn't have the heart and I wanted the full decade. So far I am five games in and the Bills are leading the Jags 13-6 as I speak (they will lose 36-28). Here are some fun observations a decade later between both teams, the stadium, the NFL etc.. :

·         The Bills were bad but they just also feel sooo irrevelant in every way. The stadium looks bland, the ownership is a question mark, there are no real players of young exciting name value outside of Kyle Williams and Jarius Byrd. They feel like a rudderless team trying to re-establish themselves and they play that way also. They feel like a franchise that’s a decade behind. I am soo happy this is no longer the case.

·         The uniforms yikes! I have thought at times when I see the dark blue jerseys on fans “oh they weren’t that bad” and then I watch this.. yes they were that bad. I get why they made the change but they couldn’t have done worse other than changing the colors from blue and red in general.

·         The stadium presentation is so much better now compared to then. The fans are louder which is noticeable, but the renovations did do a good job to make the stadium look better on film. The overall in stadium environment just feels so much improved. Also noticed fans did not stand as often in the lower bowl. Perhaps it was just because the team stunk, but I do believe that has changed

·         Some of the starters on the team are just downright hilarious. Reggie Torbor? He’s there! Jeff Hangartner? He’s your starting center over Eric Wood whose at guard. Hope you like Jonathan Stupar at TE because he is there. Roscoe Parrish either drops the ball or catches the ball and runs to the wrong area.

·         The defense was soo bad. Any time a 3rd down or big stop was needed just pencil in a TD haha. I appreciate that for a few years now you can at least depend that 50% of the time will get a stop. The lack of talent just is soo noticeable but even the execution is pathetic. I remember a decent debate about Paul Pouzlousny leaving and whether we should’ve paid him. Watching it back I can’t believe that conversation happened. Credit to McBeane for the work and comptenecy they have brought to the team, but I will even credit Whaley a bit for at least bringing a talent expectation back. There was nothing with Nix and crew.

·         Someday I will get the full explanation for why when we had Fred Jackson and Lynch we drafted Spiller. For the record CJ shows her bursts of talent and I wish had a longer career, but such a dumb decision.

·         The lack of flags and referee focused calls is refreshing and I miss. You don’t have nearly the reviews or controversy the game just flows. I really do think the additional rules are the problem watching this back.

·         The Jills are there… I truthfully could care less there gone

·         Following up with that players really could hit each other still. The rules weren’t in place the way they are now and guys still lit each other up fairly regularly. Safety is good and I do not want to say the NFL today is soft, but it is noticeable how the game has changed. You can see how much faster players are which may also play a role in less hitting.

·         CBS really I mean really was hyped for Hawaii 5.0.

·         Peyton Manning was with the Colts doing his thing which was a cool throwback

·         Kyle Orton was with the Broncos…also doing whatever his thing was

·         This was Vick’s return season with the Eagles and man their Kelly green unis need to come back

·         Watching Gronk as just a rookie and knowing what he would become was weird, cool, and sucked all at once. Watching Aaron Hernandez was just straight creepy knowing what he would do.

·         The CBS broadcast during the Pats Bills week 3 game talks about how each decade an AFC East team had taken the division for themselves Dolphins 80s, Bills 90s, Pats 2000s and asks if the Pats can keep it going or if the up and coming Jets would take them down or someone else. Can I just say how much it blows that NE really has gone two straight decades without a divisional challenger. I hope we beat them 200-0 both games this year.

-         Speaking of Gus Johnson in the booth is soo missed he was awesome

·         Lady Gaga was the jam at the stadium

·         For those Rochester folk like myself Paetec had a big sign right behind the one endzone. Crazy how they went from being a big deal to nothing now.

·         The Browns are starting Seneca Wallace at QB. I generally just feel bad for their fans. We had our drought but at least we finally have had some good years and in general since 2014 the Bills have been .500 or better most years. That franchise needs some luck.

·         Carson Palmer is the Bengals QB in his last year. Crazy to think most thought he was nearly washed up and yet would revive his career in Arizona.

·         Aaron Rodgers is not the guy he is now.. and Brett Farves shadow still looms large. Funny how time passes and players become legends and other guys take their place. Rodgers now is the old guy

This guy became a professional athlete...

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1