There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

You attack me personally but ignore his error and a discussion about the data. Kind of a pattern you have with my fact based criticisms. 

I’ve pointed out big chasm errors in his numbers before. He’s dumb or biased. Since agree with a lot of his numbers, I choose biased. 

You just have to check his work. He’s confidently sloppy. 

Ad hominem attacks on posters who counter their claims with facts are the Trumplet's stock in trade since most of them lack critical thinking skills,

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's crossing the line. Best thing you can do is to delete this post. 

As compared to the original content? I call a push, at best.

I'll do it, though, because I know you hypocrites are soft. 

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As compared to the original content? I call a push, at best.

I'll do it, though, because I know you hypocrites are soft. 

You'll do it because you either agree with me or you're afraid of the consequences. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

41 % !

...Jesus...ONE state...imagine the filings nationwide?.....and how many CANNOT get help and cannot re-open due to people making MORE staying home on unemployment?....Forbes estimates 50%......

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

41 % !

No one has a source for this. If anyone finds a source, please share!  That would be an insane number as most small businesses would simply close and not waste the money on a bankruptcy proceeding.

Note: I a not saying things are not bad in Maine. Tourism has not resumed, the governor had a long, tough lock down imposed, etc. I am merely questioning that stat as accurate.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one has a source for this. If anyone finds a source, please share!  That would be an insane number as most small businesses would simply close and not waste the money on a bankruptcy proceeding.

Note: I a not saying things are not bad in Maine. Tourism has not resumed, the governor had a long, tough lock down imposed, etc. I am merely questioning that stat as accurate.

...but this list so far from Forbes of the top 20 filing may get your attention for starters.............

https://fortune.com/2020/06/29/companies-filing-bankruptcy-2020-during-coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19-economy-industries/

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus...ONE state...imagine the filings nationwide?.....and how many CANNOT get help and cannot re-open due to people making MORE staying home on unemployment?....Forbes estimates 50%......

I would tend to look at credit issues being perhaps a larger problem.  If you are a restaurant or used car lot that is running 30-60 days late or more paying creditors because your business cratered then you will have issues in terms of acquiring the necessary goods to make your business operate.  

Edited by RochesterRob

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I would guess that quite a number of businesses are struggling to survive right here in WNY.