There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

This makes me happy

Paul Krugman. Legendary economic "expert".

These experts need to have annually released trading cards with their batting averages on them.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Magox said:

Holy Crap!

If the hole is not as deep as feared to dig ourselves out of, we could possibly see 8% unemployment over the next 6 months. 

What a blockbuster and surprising number!

that’s excellent.  Everyone should be thrilled with these numbers

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, RiotAct said:

that’s excellent.  Everyone should be thrilled with these numbers

The beauty is that "The resistance" left are all melting down on twitter.

I have to admit, after a very depressing week or so, a respite was sorely needed.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

The beauty is that "The resistance" left are all melting down on twitter.

I have to admit, after a very depressing week or so, a respite was sorely needed.

believe me, my statement was made firmly tongue-in-cheek ?

• Like (+1) 1

NOBODY'S GOING TO LISTEN TO THEM AGAIN, ARE THEY? 

Suddenly, Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance: For months, health experts told Americans to stay home. Now, many are encouraging the public to join mass protests.

The Social Justice Virus is more destructive than Covid.

Any field it infects is ruined.

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/4/2020 at 2:22 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Incredible. Protesting the actual infringement of Constitutional rights by Governors saying you cannot pursue happiness by running your legal business to provide for your family isn’t in the same orbit ? The same orbit as protesting some unfounded “ feelz” that everyone and everything around you is somehow unacceptably racist but just don’t know it ?  My goodness , how have these politicians managed to get elected ? 

I'm sure that is a rhetorical question.

• Like (+1) 1

Hubby and I decided to go out to dinner this evening. We didn’t make a reservation... big mistake. Every restaurant open with a patio was mobbed. We finally found space at our second favorite Mexican joint (that was doing a booming take-out business). 

A lot of places were still not open. The first place we tried has a patio, but they were not bothering until they could fully open. Take-out only. 

I am not sure we will try again before phase 3. The next time we go to a restaurant it will only be with a reservation. ?

• Like (+1) 2

...so why is it that the once proclamations of the MSM about the premature and distastrus re-openings of FL, CA, TX, Co et al have not been met with, "oops guess we were wrong" to acknowledge their successful strategies?....or how about the Lake of the Ozraks party scene that resulted in no additional Covid-19 cases?..... although I doubt it (COUGH) could their Covid-19 political capital/TDS syndrome be in dire need of something else?.....

• Like (+1) 1