There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yeah where are they all?

image.thumb.jpeg.07a74114195d6fe262aeec38b96d6c67.jpeg

...counting their exploited MILLIONS from those who only have faith as their last salvation......pastoral parasites......those eight skanks have more jets than Alligient Air.....

• Like (+1) 2

IT’S ALWAYS IN THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK: 

Eureka! The Left Discovers Tenth Amendment.

Amid the grim coronavirus news of death and unemployment, at least there is the comic relief of the left embracing the Tenth Amendment. Suddenly trendy is the provision of the Bill of Rights that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

The rush to the Tenth came in response to President Trump’s statement on May 22. “I call upon governors to allow our churches and places of worship to open right now,” Mr. Trump said. “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important, essential places of faith to open right now, for this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors.”

Clara Jeffrey, the editor of Mother Jones, a left leaning magazine, wasn’t having it. “To be clear, Trump can’t do [expletive] to force churches/temples/mosques to open. Little thing called the 10th Amendment,” she tweeted.

The White House correspondent of the PBS Newshour, Yamiche Alcindor, made the same point. “Pres Trump says he will ‘override the governors’ if they don’t follow new CDC guidance and open places of worship this weekend. Context: The 10th Amendment of the Constitution says powers not delegated to federal government are reserved to the states,” Alcindor tweeted.

And just like that, “the living Constitution” argument (temporarily) fades away.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IT’S ALWAYS IN THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK: 

Eureka! The Left Discovers Tenth Amendment.

Amid the grim coronavirus news of death and unemployment, at least there is the comic relief of the left embracing the Tenth Amendment. Suddenly trendy is the provision of the Bill of Rights that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

The rush to the Tenth came in response to President Trump’s statement on May 22. “I call upon governors to allow our churches and places of worship to open right now,” Mr. Trump said. “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important, essential places of faith to open right now, for this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors.”

Clara Jeffrey, the editor of Mother Jones, a left leaning magazine, wasn’t having it. “To be clear, Trump can’t do [expletive] to force churches/temples/mosques to open. Little thing called the 10th Amendment,” she tweeted.

The White House correspondent of the PBS Newshour, Yamiche Alcindor, made the same point. “Pres Trump says he will ‘override the governors’ if they don’t follow new CDC guidance and open places of worship this weekend. Context: The 10th Amendment of the Constitution says powers not delegated to federal government are reserved to the states,” Alcindor tweeted.

And just like that, “the living Constitution” argument (temporarily) fades away.

Just wait until the idiots on the left figure out that Trump knows the Insurrection Act exists.

The Constitution is unconstitutional... well, that's a new one.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

We ate at an actual restaurant last night in suburban Los Angeles. Go figure! They were only seating folks at every other table including on the patio. Wait staff were all wearing masks and gloves. As you sat there you realized you weren’t close to anyone. It was great! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

PLEASE OPEN UP THE GATES AND LET ME OUT OF HERE. TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED IN THE NAME OF SAFETY, SO LET ME OUT OF HERE:  

Does This CDC Study Deliver the Knockout Blow in the COVID Lockdown Debate?

Isn’t it funny to see lefties support the government doing things they were afraid churches would do?

And by funny I mean vile and despicable to the point of invoking disbelief?

• Like (+1) 1

Unlike its Nordic neighbors, Sweden decided early on in the pandemic to forgo lockdown in the hope of achieving broad immunity to the coronavirus. While social distancing was promoted, the government allowed bars, restaurants, salons, gyms and schools to stay open.

Initially, Sweden saw death rates from COVID-19 that were similar to other European nations that had closed down their economies. But now the Scandinavian nation’s daily death toll per 1 million people is 8.71 compared to the United States’ 4.59, according to online publication Our World in Data. Sweden's mortality rate is the highest in Europe.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspicks/article/Sweden-herd-immunity-experiment-backfires-covid-15289437.php

Sorry if already posted 

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Also, if this holds this would be another very important economic indicator.  Would signal bullish longer-term trend for the stock market.

106452307-15905030184952020045026coronaviruscomebackopen.png?v=1590503030&w=678&h=381

Trump is going to be right again. And it was completely predictable. Yet, despite this, he still managed to box the opposition into taking the position that denying freedom is better than supporting it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump is going to be right again. And it was completely predictable. Yet, despite this, he still managed to box the opposition into taking the position that denying freedom is better than supporting it. 

It's plausible.  I'm not going to lie, the recovery is starting offer more rapidly than I anticipated.  With that said, my biggest worries wasn't so much the takeoff of the recovery, that I thought would happen.  It's the follow through.  There will be many restaurants and small businesses that will permanently shudder as a result of the lock downs.  They will eventually be replaced but that doesn't happen overnight and in order for the economy to be made whole, that means all those businesses that shut down will have to be revived again in some shape or form.   

I know this is an unpopular position on this board, but with interest rates near 0%, it makes a lot of sense for the government to borrow to stimulate the economy.  I'm not a full Keynesian sort of guy, I disagreed with much of it under Obama because I thought the problems the economy had were structural which required structural policy prescriptions.

This is not structural, this is a matter of reopening and giving stimulus in targeted manners to get the economy more quickly back to whole.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's plausible.  I'm not going to lie, the recovery is starting offer more rapidly than I anticipated.  With that said, my biggest worries wasn't so much the takeoff of the recovery, that I thought would happen.  It's the follow through.  There will be many restaurants and small businesses that will permanently shudder as a result of the lock downs.  They will eventually be replaced but that doesn't happen overnight and in order for the economy to be made whole, that means all those businesses that shut down will have to be revived again in some shape or form.   

I know this is an unpopular position on this board, but with interest rates near 0%, it makes a lot of sense for the government to borrow to stimulate the economy.  I'm not a full Keynesian sort of guy, I disagreed with much of it under Obama because I thought the problems the economy had were structural which required structural policy prescriptions.

This is not structural, this is a matter of reopening and giving stimulus in targeted manners to get the economy more quickly back to whole.

I agree. There was a ton of damage done by the shutdown that won’t bounce back immediately (if ever). No doubt about that. 

From what I saw this weekend, the majority of people have turned a corner on the fear element. That was the biggest question mark for me going in, and it seems (though we will see in 2 weeks in terms of outbreaks) like that enemy is on the verge of being toppled. If that holds, the next 6 months are going to be brutal for the fear mongers — almost all of whom are pulling the lever for Biden in the fall. 

• Like (+1) 1

In central Florida with over 5 million residents we just had our 200th death from Corona. I will not blast politicians for the initial shut down but at this point everyone except for high density cities should be reopened and trying to make up for lost time.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Unlike its Nordic neighbors, Sweden decided early on in the pandemic to forgo lockdown in the hope of achieving broad immunity to the coronavirus. While social distancing was promoted, the government allowed bars, restaurants, salons, gyms and schools to stay open.

Initially, Sweden saw death rates from COVID-19 that were similar to other European nations that had closed down their economies. But now the Scandinavian nation’s daily death toll per 1 million people is 8.71 compared to the United States’ 4.59, according to online publication Our World in Data. Sweden's mortality rate is the highest in Europe.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspicks/article/Sweden-herd-immunity-experiment-backfires-covid-15289437.php

Sorry if already posted 

The experiment is not complete by any standard- we will only have an answer about it in about 18 more months and I will wait to see. The earliest we could make a decision is when the vaccine is ready.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree. There was a ton of damage done by the shutdown that won’t bounce back immediately (if ever). No doubt about that. 

From what I saw this weekend, the majority of people have turned a corner on the fear element. That was the biggest question mark for me going in, and it seems (though we will see in 2 weeks in terms of outbreaks) like that enemy is on the verge of being toppled. If that holds, the next 6 months are going to be brutal for the fear mongers — almost all of whom are pulling the lever for Biden in the fall. 

I'm the head of sales for the company that I work for and we've been pushing out lots of content on Social Media primarily FB and we are currently conducting a poll.  The way they make their vote is via emoji lol.  However, we have provided more options than the polling companies.

1) Open up the economy

2) Wait until a vaccine/cure

3) Do what your governor suggests

4) I don't know.

When we did this we targeted people who were fans of Donald Trump and FOX news on one side and MSNBC, CNN and Joe Biden on the other side to try to get as even of a mix as possible of audience.

And so far we have over 1300 responses and the overwhelming majority of them want to open up.

It's not a scientific poll, but the numbers are striking.  And read the comments, it's crazy the amount of people that want to get back to more normalcy.    I have always believed that the polling results of people wanting more caution was a paper tiger.  I think the energy is definitely to get back to work.  As people are learning more about the Virus and seeing it not effect areas where they live, people are understandably rebelling.

Here is the polling of our FB thingy to see for yourself. lol  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1