There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

33 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I agree, one can't slack off, because it will be too noticeable with all the people around him working hard.  People are def more honest when you are watching them.  I guess if there was a productivity measure, you could do it, though.  The construction business may be real slow moving forward.  Heck, there's gonna be mass evictions.  Best of luck to you moving forward.  Thanks for reply.  

...I appreciate your insight and objective assessment....good show bro.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How can the airline industry open? I know the right wingers want to blame the government for this pandemic Depression, but the air

lines won’t open until people feel safe 

The airlines mostly serves business.  If they did not they would have gone the way of the dinosaur 40 years ago as they were looking for bailouts and anti-trust considerations (exemptions) for mergers.

Edited by RochesterRob

13 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Those people for the most part have a poor lifestyle and terrible diet heavy in sugar. The country should not be locked down because those people can't control themselves. Given the real tyranny and hypocrisy that has revealed itself, I find that the people who now want to control everyone else in totality can't even control themselves. The irony alone will kill more people than the virus itself.

it’s not fair to throw all those who suffer from chronic diseases into the ‘they chose this lifestyle’ category. 

Genetics has a huge say in a persons health. There are skinny people who diet, but still have high blood pressure. Type 2 diabetes has a big genetic component to it, and people who suffer from type 1 are either born with it or develop it out of the blue in childhood. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

it’s not fair to throw all those who suffer from chronic diseases into the ‘they chose this lifestyle’ category. 

Genetics has a huge say in a persons health. There are skinny people who diet, but still have high blood pressure. Type 2 diabetes has a big genetic component to it, and people who suffer from type 1 are either born with it or develop it out of the blue in childhood. 

True but lifestyle is the number 1 indicator of most of our ailments. And unless you have multiple pre existing conditions then unless you are old you are 99.9%safe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Lay off the sugar and stop snacking between meals. Avoid food that causes inflammation. It's not about being fair, but protecting yourself with discipline. We all have a genetic problem when we abuse ourselves, or let others do it instead.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Lay off the sugar and stop snacking between meals. Avoid food that causes inflammation. It's not about being fair, but protecting yourself with discipline. We all have a genetic problem when we abuse ourselves, or let others do it instead.

That's a gross oversimplification. You may not mean to be, but it seems that you're fine telling everyone who suffer diabetes (of any kind), respiratory issues, or cardiovascular disease, "oh well, you asked for it". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Elon going to war with the left

This Reich is a typical leftist dill hole...Now going to work is being “ subjected “ to Coronavirus to these mental midgets. Guess what ? Covid 19 is now part of the world. We subject ourselves to the world and all of its dangers and pitfalls when we step out the front door everyday. No one can force anyone to report for work. We do that by choice. Someone can choose to stay inside and try to go on permanent disability if they really can’t cope. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How can the airline industry open? I know the right wingers want to blame the government for this pandemic Depression, but the air

lines won’t open until people feel safe 

People will fly, slowly at first  but surely. ( stop calling me Shirley lol..) Just like they did after 9/11, although I’m not comparing the two. Just that the effect is the same. People need to get places; some of which you can’t drive to and others where it is logistically impractical. Most level headed people feel safe enough now. Anytime anything opens up there are/ will be people there, because they’re tired of this and know that hiding under a rock is no way to live. Just a look at the twitter shaming when folks flock to a beach will tell you this fear thing is overblown. It’s mostly a media driven narrative to the majority of the population. If the planes are being cleaned that will be enough. Heck, people were still taking that filthy subway in NYC before they even considered cleaning it once a night. 

31 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

People will fly, slowly at first  but surely. ( stop calling me Shirley lol..) Just like they did after 9/11, although I’m not comparing the two. Just that the effect is the same. People need to get places; some of which you can’t drive to and others where it is logistically impractical. Most level headed people feel safe enough now. Anytime anything opens up there are/ will be people there, because they’re tired of this and know that hiding under a rock is no way to live. Just a look at the twitter shaming when folks flock to a beach will tell you this fear thing is overblown. It’s mostly a media driven narrative to the majority of the population. If the planes are being cleaned that will be enough. Heck, people were still taking that filthy subway in NYC before they even considered cleaning it once a night. 

You could have Mr. Clean disinfect the plane as good as nature intended, but it's still a narrow tube of aircraft aluminum.  I think when we get to talking about heads being literally 10" apart, that changes the discussion.  To me they'd be a ship of fools. I know I'd feel like a real dummy if the ICU doctor started talking about intubating me, because I wanted to see the country a few weeks too early.  Now for the second part of the discussion.  CAN the industry withstand having only half full flights?  As notoriously bad at planning as airlines are, they do have fuel prices in their favor.  Thank God, but is that enough to keep them going for maybe a year or two of 1/2 full flights??  I wouldn't bet on it. 

8 hours ago, Azalin said:

That's a gross oversimplification. You may not mean to be, but it seems that you're fine telling everyone who suffer diabetes (of any kind), respiratory issues, or cardiovascular disease, "oh well, you asked for it". 

BS. I used injuries as an excuse and over a couple years I became pre-diabetic and hypertensive. When I got sick for 3 weeks last December and had all the COVID 19 symptoms including numbness in the limbs, I had to change my ways. I lost 35 lbs since then and the total elimination of simple sugars and industrial cooking oils was the foundation of the changes I made, along with intermittent fasting. I still can't exercise properly until I get my surgeries, but that day approaches slowly but surely. My blood pressure is now normal, and I am no longer pre-diabetic. I know I know, I am supposed to take pharmaceuticals and continue to have no self control over what I put in my body because it's "so difficult". Yeah, it is difficult. Survival and not being a burden on others is difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

BS. I used injuries as an excuse and over a couple years I became pre-diabetic and hypertensive. When I got sick for 3 weeks last December and had all the COVID 19 symptoms including numbness in the limbs, I had to change my ways. I lost 35 lbs since then and the total elimination of simple sugars and industrial cooking oils was the foundation of the changes I made, along with intermittent fasting. I still can't exercise properly until I get my surgeries, but that day approaches slowly but surely. My blood pressure is now normal, and I am no longer pre-diabetic. I know I know, I am supposed to take pharmaceuticals and continue to have no self control over what I put in my body because it's "so difficult". Yeah, it is difficult. Survival and not being a burden on others is difficult. 

Your lecturing from on high notwithstanding, I am not going to ***** on older people and those with health risks because of who they are or lifestyle decisions. 

We need to reopen. Some people are at risk through natural causes or lifestyle, and we need to take precautions to keep them as safe as we reasonably can. New Yorkers, liberals, conservatives, young, old, fit, obese—let’s try to do right by Americans eh?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Your lecturing from on high notwithstanding, I am not going to ***** on older people and those with health risks because of who they are or lifestyle decisions. 

We need to reopen. Some people are at risk through natural causes or lifestyle, and we need to take precautions to keep them as safe as we reasonably can. New Yorkers, liberals, conservatives, young, old, fit, obese—let’s try to do right by Americans eh?

Lecturing? Forget what I said. Eat whatever you want, do what ever you want, pop whatever pills your doctor pushes, and when you guys feel safe again, let the rest of us know when we can get to live our lives again. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings since that is clearly priority one these days. Make sure you eat lots of sugar and processed food today, and think of me. I apologize for giving hope to anyone who even imagines being able to help themselves. Damn I am a horrible person.

32 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Lecturing? Forget what I said. Eat whatever you want, do what ever you want, pop whatever pills your doctor pushes, and when you guys feel safe again, let the rest of us know when we can get to live our lives again. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings since that is clearly priority one these days. Make sure you eat lots of sugar and processed food today, and think of me. I apologize for giving hope to anyone who even imagines being able to help themselves. Damn I am a horrible person.

^^^Yes, lecturing.^^^

Yesterday’s low and probably today’s are very low on deaths. Tuesday through Thursday will be interesting. PA drove a lot of count last week as it dumped a lot of deaths into the week from recounted data. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us top out in the 1800s or less this week. 

Edited by shoshin

18 minutes ago, shoshin said:

^^^Yes, lecturing.^^^

Yesterday’s low and probably today’s are very low on deaths. Tuesday through Thursday will be interesting. PA drove a lot of count last week as it dumped a lot of deaths into the week from recounted data. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us top out in the 1800s or less this week. 

You are correct, I will leave the daily lecturing to you. Let me know when I can live my life again.