There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

I think in PA, push is coming to shove soon, and several counties, currently in the red zone, have informed the governor that they will not direct their sheriffs department to cite non-essential businesses that open. Other counties have written letters to the governor, pleading that the methodology being used to open the state is quite flawed (it is), which of course, has been ignored. 

It would be interesting to see if the governor would dedicate state police resources to citations if many counties in this state started making these declarations and businesses opened up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Whatever Belarus did, we all should be doing.

A thread:

Sauna and vodka.  Who knew?  Lol.   

There's the disinfectant into the bloodstream that Trump talked about.  My gosh he's a genius - again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Based on the traffic and activity in the shopping plazas in Hudson valley this weekend, Cuomo is going to have a hard time maintaining a shutdown north of Orange county.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GG said:

Based on the traffic and activity in the shopping plazas in Hudson valley this weekend, Cuomo is going to have a hard time maintaining a shutdown north of Orange county.  

Good

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GG said:

I know in my county in Florida, it was buzzing.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens as confidence is restored and more potential infections occur.   Will the warm and humid weather help significantly mitigate the spread?  Can we protect the seniors in the nursing homes?

Can we possibly just have more asymptomatic infections where it’s mainly people under 70 getting infected with relatively low hospitalizations?   This next 6 weeks is going to be very interesting to see.   

The missing element to me in this public debate if we can even call it that is that this is a novel coronavirus and the sooner we can just accept that something ***** happened to us and that there will be more deaths no matter what we do.  And that the only logical outcome is to get life back to a more normalized state attempting to protect those on the frontlines and that are most vulnerable and accept that we are where we are.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think what's needed is a general disregard for the authorities in this case. They can't arrest everyone, and any law which is widely disobeyed is soon abandoned.

***** the shamers. And ***** the politicians who feed off the shamers' fears to lock us all up like animals.

• Like (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, GG said:

Yup....it's happening slowly but surely and I have a hard time seeing them force it back.  There are a lot of face coverings and distancing and the same rules around take-out at the restaurants, but after two months of SIP + the arrival of warm weather (well....maybe not for some of you this weekend!), people are getting out of the house no matter what they say.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, KD in CA said:

Yup....it's happening slowly but surely and I have a hard time seeing them force it back.  There are a lot of face coverings and distancing and the same rules around take-out at the restaurants, but after two months of SIP + the arrival of warm weather (well....maybe not for some of you this weekend!), people are getting out of the house no matter what they say.

This weekend?

*****, man, we've had all of like four or five days over 60 so far this spring. We're gonna go from late winter to summer around these parts.

59 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This weekend?

*****, man, we've had all of like four or five days over 60 so far this spring. We're gonna go from late winter to summer around these parts.

Sun in the morning, then two snow bands passed through.   Hopefully that's it.

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Snow??  WTF??  I heard them taking about East Coast weather but didn’t know there was snow. Sorry man. ?

Yep, flakes flying around this AM when I went out to get coffee. 32 degrees and we’re a few weeks from Memorial Day. Someone didn’t get the memo about global warming lol.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think what's needed is a general disregard for the authorities in this case. They can't arrest everyone, and any law which is widely disobeyed is soon abandoned.

***** the shamers. And ***** the politicians who feed off the shamers' fears to lock us all up like animals.

The bold is the root of the problem here. Last I checked, the US is still a Republic. So it doesn't matter the level of government, state, local, federal; it still takes a vote of the legislature, then a signature from the executive, to create a law. 

Early on, everyone was promised a couple weeks, then another couple, and so on. In the beginning, people were like, well, okay, it's only a couple weeks.... But now they are exercising their God given rights, and rebelling against tyrannical government.

You know, ALL of us are taught that there are 3 branches of government. I suggest everyone read the Constitution again because there is another that is We the People... Topic for another discussion someday, but there was a reason CJ Jay brought about jury nullification. It was to assure We the People had final say in all laws. 

I have mixed emotions about opening up the workforce again. people who suffer from chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes are much more susceptible to death by the virus than just a normal healthy person. still need to be very careful. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I have mixed emotions about opening up the workforce again. people who suffer from chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes are much more susceptible to death by the virus than just a normal healthy person. still need to be very careful. 

Those people for the most part have a poor lifestyle and terrible diet heavy in sugar. The country should not be locked down because those people can't control themselves. Given the real tyranny and hypocrisy that has revealed itself, I find that the people who now want to control everyone else in totality can't even control themselves. The irony alone will kill more people than the virus itself.

• Like (+1) 1