There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

I have yet to see a plan, though I believe it’s coming and will involve aggressive tracking of contacts if it is done properly. If not, roll a bomb into the economy and healthcare system that makes the current situation look like a sparkler. 

don't worry, the wet dream of a complete total surveillance state is coming.

Edited by Foxx

8 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Back to work will be a date on the calendar based on $, not the safety of citizens. Dr.Trump is getting anxious! 

That’s 3rdnlng. 

You and your RV capers surely are deviant, just not easy to pin down your proclivities whilst in there.

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

You and your RV capers surely are deviant, just not easy to pin down your proclivities whilst in there.

You should really were protection next time. That looks like a nasty infection! 

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

Obviously, by the looks of things, you didn't.

Is that “I know you are, but what am I?”

Are you drunk? 

Im just saying, get it checked out, it’s clearly infected. 

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Is that “I know you are, but what am I?”

Are you drunk? 

Im just saying, get it checked out, it’s clearly infected. 

Must suck not being able to go back to your chasing shopping carts job.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

The "plan" the WH is going to have is a plan to make them look good. The WH will say that the US is open for business and leave the details to the states. This way - if the states go slow....they can say ...."Hey...we opened it up but they slowed it down". This makes the idiots like the regulars here to think everything would be cool if we just did it DT's way....but since you did not do it DT's way...whelp - can't blame him....and if people die....well its the liberal states did not get it right...because liberals...

Same thing with the malaria drug....its the perfect "out" for DT...."Hey...I was pushing the magic cure...if everyone was to use it...the death rate would have been lower" Same thing - the 5th avenues here are already on track that Fauci and Gates are conspirators and its not DT's fault - because he had the answer...

The plan should be stringent and constant testing - if you are clean or had it...you get a bracelet that clears you for action. Track and trace until the threat is gone or their is a vaccine. Prescient...but that is what they did in Contagion ....Pretty simple....blocking and tackiling

Isn't that what china is doing now? No new cases since the outbreak. They just opened up the airport. Yeah, let's be more like China!

Are there no moderators on this board anymore? Do we really have to have Tibs and Q reduce EVERY SINGLE thread to a back and forth about ‘ball licking’? Even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic? Come on guys! Can the moderators PLEASE socially distance these two for awhile? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

You're understanding the cow farmer during  the Depression ? 

Fair to say, the manure part you have grasped. 

If properly gathered and applied Tibs could eliminate the need for commercial fertilizer by ALL USA farmers.  

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are there no moderators on this board anymore? Do we really have to have Tibs and Q reduce EVERY SINGLE thread to a back and forth about ‘ball licking’? Even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic? Come on guys! Can the moderators PLEASE socially distance these two for awhile? 

The moderators claim that they cannot tell the difference between the players here.  What does that say about the mods?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

Corporate welfare is okay in limited cases, but the dairy industry definitely shouldn’t be included in these cases. The original purpose of farm subsidies was to stabilize the country’s food supply during famines or deep economic recessions, like what was seen during the Gilded Age. The dairy industry has always invested heavily in lobbyists in order to convince America and its politicians that they provide a “critical” nutrition source (I think they may have even played a prominent role in getting Iowa to be the first primary state?). The problem here is that dairy milk is in no way an essential source of nutrition. You can get calcium and vitamin D from a large variety of natural food sources, as well as fortified ones, supplements, and sunlight in the case of vitamin D. Many Americans are not even lactose tolerant, including most non-Caucasians. Dairy farmers are whining to the government because alternative plant-based milks are hurting their business model, but at the same time they’re completely unwilling to adapt their farm business model to accommodate the natural changes in demand occurring within the food market. I didn’t even touch the animal rights issues with the dairy industry, but that’s another topic for another thread.

With the dairy industry it is not just a matter of a source of vitamin D all though that was a driving point decades ago.  It is the only viable source in bulk for cheeses, yogurt, and ice cream which American consumers heavily desire.  Most people heavily crave Italian food which is heavy in cheese.  The quantity needed so every American can get their fill cannot be met with goats.  Cheese substitutes have been around for decades and were pushed during the late 1970's as inflation exploded on the American consumer with little acceptance especially when prices receded on real cheese.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If properly gathered and applied Tibs could eliminate the need for commercial fertilizer by ALL USA farmers.  

The moderators claim that they cannot tell the difference between the players here.  What does that say about the mods?

I think one of the gnarly players is a mod. C-YA!

23 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Mods don't even bother showing up and if they do, they just run away. We used to have mods (I was one of them), but they did not want enforcement of TOS on this side of the board.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s because you guys are just as bad and they know it. 

I still have not seen or heard of a coherent plan from anyone, other than broad speculation.  The type of speculation your hear from science fiction dreamers.

Here are my thoughts:

- The antibody testing will never ramp up fast enough (200M tests ready by May 1st?), so it will have to be a spot check at best.  Maybe 10% of the population; 30M tests may be doable.  That will get a feel for how long the virus has been in the wild.  Imagine the egg-on-faces if it's been here for waves since Dec 2019 (very possible).  So that is why my hunch is this test will never even grow legs and be a viable option. 

- That would also put the bracelet/mark of the beast question to bed.  Not viable to test every human, and people would never agree to it anyways, so why entertain it.

- The actual, active virus test will need to have better coverage, and the tracing will need to be Stasi like.  This is the test that will need to be in the ~200M range by May 1st, and it will need fast replenishment.  Does anyone know how many tests and manufacturer's capacity is out there?  And let's assume they are widely available, and anyone who needs it gets it.  Who is going to do all the positive tester contact follow up?  The US is not built for that (too big).

- This is why we will land on the regional reopening option, and will have to go back to the old way of trusting our neighbors.  Keep the immuno-compromised & grandma sheltered (somewhat), but let the "brave" rest of us who need to go on with our lives, go about it.  If you get it, you get it.  Sorry, like cancer, you don't get any guarantees in life.

If we don't do this by May 1st, get ready for a repeat of the middle ages.  My fortune 500 (maybe 200 now?) said it will layoff everyone in the US if we aren't reopened by mid May.  I'm sure most big companies are considering that too, and it would be the death of the USA if that happened.  Mid May is the point of no return.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I still have not seen or heard of a coherent plan from anyone, other than broad speculation.  The type of speculation your hear from science fiction dreamers.

Here are my thoughts:

- The antibody testing will never ramp up fast enough (200M tests ready by May 1st?), so it will have to be a spot check at best.  Maybe 10% of the population; 30M tests may be doable.  That will get a feel for how long the virus has been in the wild.  Imagine the egg-on-faces if it's been here for waves since Dec 2019 (very possible).  So that is why my hunch is this test will never even grow legs and be a viable option. 

- That would also put the bracelet/mark of the beast question to bed.  Not viable to test every human, and people would never agree to it anyways, so why entertain it.

- The actual, active virus test will need to have better coverage, and the tracing will need to be Stasi like.  This is the test that will need to be in the ~200M range by May 1st, and it will need fast replenishment.  Does anyone know how many tests and manufacturer's capacity is out there?  And let's assume they are widely available, and anyone who needs it gets it.  Who is going to do all the positive tester contact follow up?  The US is not built for that (too big).

- This is why we will land on the regional reopening option, and will have to go back to the old way of trusting our neighbors.  Keep the immuno-compromised & grandma sheltered (somewhat), but let the "brave" rest of us who need to go on with our lives, go about it.  If you get it, you get it.  Sorry, like cancer, you don't get any guarantees in life.

If we don't do this by May 1st, get ready for a repeat of the middle ages.  My fortune 500 (maybe 200 now?) said it will layoff everyone in the US if we aren't reopened by mid May.  I'm sure most big companies are considering that too, and it would be the death of the USA if that happened.  Mid May is the point of no return.

A lot of damage will already be done by the end of April with what has already transpired.  Not trying to be a doomsayer but just trying to get everybody to see the magnitude of what has happened already.  As Old Time has already said banks are not making the majority of loans the government was hoping for when the program was unveiled.