Was thinking about Breshad Perriman.....

Why hasn't he signed?  He only made $4 million last year in Tampa.  Do you guys think he's asking too much?  Certainly somebody wants him.  Maybe that doofus in Texas will sign him.

After thinking about it, I concluded that we have a guy on the team with similar height and weight, and super motivated to succeed.  Duke.  Maybe this is the chance for Duke.  He had a handful of big plays for us last year, and he's big enough to use in the red zone.  Maybe we don't need to spend money on Perriman when we have a guy in place.

I also get a feeling they're going to grab somebody in the draft, perhaps round 5 or 6.  I see them using earlier picks on other needs like RB, CB and edge rusher.  Unless someone drops into their laps in the 2nd, I think they'll wait.

We're strong at WR right now, barring injury.  

I think the problem for him is that he has had 1 semi respectable year, and before that was a massive draft bust.  He was avalable on waivers and the scrap heap multiple times the last couple of years and could have been had for nothing. Now what do you pay him and which guy are you getting? He is a very risky person to give guaranteed money to. I think he’s still out there becuase no one wants to get burned in this situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's a tough year to be an FA WR. There are a ton of excellent draft WR prospects.

Agreed. Especially since all these guys are basically #3 receivers minus maybe Robby Anderson is a #2 option.

That being said, I believe the top-tier talent at receiver in this draft is really nice (Jeudy, Lamb, & Ruggs). But the true value is that in the middle of day-3 you’ll find multiple guys who would be day-2 guys almost every other year. 

32 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the problem for him is that he has had 1 semi respectable year, and before that was a massive draft bust.  He was avalable on waivers and the scrap heap multiple times the last couple of years and could have been had for nothing. Now what do you pay him and which guy are you getting? He is a very risky person to give guaranteed money to. I think he’s still out there becuase no one wants to get burned in this situation. 

Yep. He will get picked up. But he is the kinda guy you sign after the draft when you haven't landed someone. 

I could see the Raiders going after him. Who is our backup outside WRs? Duke & Foster? If the price is right I can't see him worse Duke. I think he can be an upgrade. We have a strong top 3, hope they don't get hurt, but for costs sake we're better off with Aiyuk in the draft IMO.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is awesome lol.

i KNEW I should have started another Perriman thread right after the LAST one..

I am sorry.  There was another thread about Signing Perriman vs. Drafting a Receiver.  From a few days ago.  His name comes up a lot.  I should have searched first.  I wish I could delete the whole thread.,  Wait, can I?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

He sucks.  YoU could’ve put up those numbers in TB last year if given the snaps.

edit:  everyone.  Please stop thinking about him!

His last 3 games last year he caught 17 passes 349 yds 4 tds, that doesn't suck. He was only a starter for 4 games last year.        Maybe it's an aberration and he goes back to being unproductive. The Bills will find out playing him twice this year, assuming there is a season.

You seem to have a particular disdain for the guy. Did he steal your girlfriend??

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

His last 3 games last year he caught 17 passes 349 yds 4 tds, that doesn't suck. He was only a starter for 4 games last year.        Maybe it's an aberration and he goes back to being unproductive. The Bills will find out playing him twice this year, assuming there is a season.

You seem to have a particular disdain for the guy. Did he steal your girlfriend??

I just think he stinks.  I’m happy he ended up in the afc East.  Can’t believe the jets let Anderson go and Signed this guy over a couple mill.  The jets got worse

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I just think he stinks.  I’m happy he ended up in the afc East.  Can’t believe the jets let Anderson go and Signed this guy over a couple mill.  The jets got worse

He's definitely a ? 

Ridiculous speed for his size though, we'll see what he does for the Jets. I hope he fades away like his first 4 3/4 years, that's for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Sounds like Robert Foster stats from 2018.