Bills given A- for offseason moves so far...Yahoo Sports

Big Turk

Only the Cardinals graded higher with an A...Browns also received an A-

Buffalo Bills

Key additions: WR Stefon Diggs (trade), OLB Mario Addison, LB A.J. Klein, DT Vernon Butler, DT Quinton Jefferson, CB Josh Norman
Key losses: DT Jordan Phillips, DE Shaq Lawson
Notable re-signings/tags: G Quinton Spain

Some didn’t like how much the Bills gave up to get Diggs. That’s fair. But the Bills had a clear need for a No. 1 receiver and they aren’t easy to find. The Bills also added some contributors for a defense that is already among the best in the NFL. There’s context too: With the Patriots having an uncertain quarterback situation, the Bills felt this is the time to get aggressive.

Grade: A-

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-winners-and-losers-grading-each-team-in-free-agency-so-far-123009000.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

what would we need to do to get an A.  I'd give us an A so far.  #1 WR, check.  Keep O-line stable, check.  Yeah, we lost Lawson and Phillips, but replaced them, as well as got a potential #2 CB.   We also upgraded ST's significantly.  

I'd give this off-season a B+. Just needed a TE like Ebron or Hooper to give it an A. Yes I would have over-paid Hooper like the Browns to have a sure-handed guy to help with the offense. I really believe in investing in Allen's success. If you traded so much to get him, give him all the confidence in the world.

Love our off-season and really I can't complain. I guess they see more in Knox than I do.

Sometimes the greatest gift you can give to a young QB is confidence and having a huge target for those harder throws is worth every penny in his development. Hooper wasn't a 20 mil splurge. For a guy with 1 drop I would have paid it for Allen alone.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what would we need to do to get an A.  I'd give us an A so far.  #1 WR, check.  Keep O-line stable, check.  Yeah, we lost Lawson and Phillips, but replaced them, as well as got a potential #2 CB.   We also upgraded ST's significantly.  

We not only replaced Lawson and Phillips on the DLine but upgraded as well and have Harrison Phillips coming back who was really starting to play well before he got hurt last year...

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Resign Isiah MacKenzie, er, check that, it’s now officially an “A.”

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I would say upgrading at O-line would have helped. We were fine but not stellar there. We did a great job of replacing/upgrading at other weak positions.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Give up a 2nd instead of a 1st for Diggs, maybe? I think it was fair compensation, but I'd prefer unfair compensation with people saying "the Bills fleeced the Vikings!"

• Like (+1) 2

Winning the Division and a playoff game is the bare minimum for this season. The Patriots still have a formidable defense and special teams but without a QB they are a beatable team. The Jets are a mid-level team that might be a year away. The Fins are greatly improved but still lack a vision at QB and aren't that improved from a 5 win team. The Bills have a top 5 NFL defense, added to a decent ST unit, and added a dynamic weapon to a decent offense. All this with a draft still to go and some cap space if needed. 

I went from relatively concerned knowing who we would hemorrhage to now being elated: just like last year, they have plugged the holes. I really think we are nearly at the position of taking BPA in the draft. 

I give them an A. They are proving, again and again, that they have their heads around the cap, FA and the draft. 

Full steam ahead!!!! ? 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

IMO, acquiring a solid RT & RB would complete free agency. If these are added via the draft, then it will be a complete off-season. So far, so good though.  

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Those that say we “gave up too much” for diggs are idiots.  

People play Madden then think they can pull off nonsense trades IRL.  Yeah, I got Patrick Mahomes for my 3rd string RB and JJ Watt just because I asked nice

2 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Just needed a TE like Ebron

Wow I guess I don't see it.  Ebron had 1 good year as a pro in 2018.  Had 11 TDs with Lions with Stafford as his QB! Has averaged $1mm per TD scored in his career.  

Can't or won't block, questionable hands and big price tag.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Winning the Division and a playoff game is the bare minimum for this season. The Patriots still have a formidable defense and special teams but without a QB they are a beatable team. The Jets are a mid-level team that might be a year away. The Fins are greatly improved but still lack a vision at QB and aren't that improved from a 5 win team. The Bills have a top 5 NFL defense, added to a decent ST unit, and added a dynamic weapon to a decent offense. All this with a draft still to go and some cap space if needed. 

The Jets are no threat while Gase is their head coach. Dude is a human dumpster fire and his teams implode after a few years.

If McDermott has the "it" factor, Gase has the "anti-it" factor as a head coach.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Wow I guess I don't see it.  Ebron had 1 good year as a pro in 2018.  Had 11 TDs with Lions with Stafford as his QB! Has averaged $1mm per TD scored in his career.  

Can't or won't block, questionable hands and big price tag.

Or we go with the TE with the worst drops in the league and misses blocks as well. It's called hedging.