Bills re-sign Isiah McKenzie

WMDman

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He is absolutely NOT right

Not evert player in the NFL needs to be the best at their position in order to avoid "sucking"

He fills a need especially in this OC's offense....he has helped us win games.....he cant do EVERYTHING that I want out of a go to receiver.....that does not make him "suck
 not everyone can be Stephon Diggs

Jesus.....just a horrible take....from both him AND you

You suck, he be barely is an NFL receiver. No catch radius, no separation. Brown and now Diggs can easily replace the one play per game he gave us. Glad you aren’t making personal decisions, your take is horrendous.

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He is a gadget guy especially at his size

i can think of a lot of wr we had on this team that def sucked

if they use him correct he can make plays just stop throwing him end zone boundary passes

Yeah a roster spot for one gadget play per game, brilliant....

11 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You suck, he be barely is an NFL receiver. No catch radius, no separation. Brown and now Diggs can easily replace the one play per game he gave us. Glad you aren’t making personal decisions, your take is horrendous.

Hey chief go back and look how many reps that barely an nfl receiver took and how many plays he made

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey chief go back and look how many reps that barely an nfl receiver took and how many plays he made

Suck was too harsh a word you are right about that, but McKenzie is barely an NFL level receiver. He really brings little to the table and nothing that can’t be replaced by Brown and Diggs... IMO... and reps don’t mean anything, we still had a terrible group past the first two. Somebody was going to get reps...

Edited by Meatloaf63

16 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Suck was too harsh a word you are right about that, but McKenzie is barely an NFL level receiver. He really brings little to the table and nothing that can’t be replaced by Brown and Diggs... IMO... 

he will never be confused with brown or diggs

he is your end of the bench wr that has certain things he does well

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

he will never be confused with brown or diggs

he is your end of the bench wr that has certain things he does well

I would think if we draft another receiver by the third round, he or Foster will be gone. The only thing that saves foster is special teams, but that may not be enough to save him next year...

I may sound like a broken record because of I have mentioned it before. It always seemed to me that the Bills running game would open up when they used McKenzie in motion and fake the jet sweep (or perhaps it was a read where he could get the jet sweep in some cases). Never the less, I always noticed that Singletary would rip a few good runs on those plays. Anyone else notice that or perhaps has evidence against it?

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

I have love for the kid.  Seems like a good locker room guy and has burst not many in the league have.  Glad he’s back but he’s got an uphill climb to make the roster imo.  I figure Beane will add another solid wr for him to compete with

Brandon Reilly

With the depth at WR in this draft, the Bills would be foolish not to draft a WR or two before 5th round.  Diggs-Smokey-Beasley are one of the top WR trios in NFL, and Roberts is solid at KR.  That's 4 WR spots.  We will keep 6 ,or 7 tops (doubtful, especially with Rambo, Kroft, Sweeney, Smith, Croom, not to mention DiMarco-how many spots will we tie up at WR/TE/FB?).

Let's solidify WR spots 4 and 5.  We have the team depth, and the draft picks.  Competition is good.  May the best 6-7 make roster and kick ass.   I'm down drafting RB in 2nd,  WR 3rd, 4th.   Let's get this offense cranked up!

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bingo... Allen was all about Duke in that playoff game. Unfortunately Duke dropped a few of them..... they will draft one and Duke/Isiah/Foster will battle it out for the last spot. IMO, I'd go with Duke over both of them. 

I think it's obvious to anyone with a brain that the Bills aren't "committed" to McKenzie after re-signing him to a 1-year cheap-as-dirt contract, but he was productive at times and it's possible he develops further.  I don't understand folks who are critical of contracts like these because they are easily terminated at minimal loss to the team.  It's literally a no-risk deal for the Bills to bring back a guy familiar with the offense who has some skills and fits the culture.