Bills re-sign Isiah McKenzie

WMDman

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. With the 55 man limit there might now be space for 7 including Roberts as their primary return man. If they draft a guy (still think they will somewhere) then I expect it to come down to McKenzie, Foster and Duke for 2 spots.... as it essentially did last year. But they could have company in that chase from UDFAs who in any other year are drafted receivers and will likely be more effective competition from Sills and Easley. 

Agree with this. Honestly the player with the highest ceiling not yet seen on a consistent basis is Foster. He is really one of the handful of players that could take a step up and have a significant impact. 

The Bills WR core is locked at the top 3 and locked with Roberts as WR5/6 (Depending on how many WR's they carry) but there is a wide open landscape at WR4 and possibly WR5 (If they carry 6.) I like Mac as a WR5, good gadget player and quality depth. Good to see him there. I would like to see the team carry 6 WR's. The top 3, a WR4 drafted in round 2 or 3 (need depth and youth), then have Mac, Duke or Foster at WR5 and Roberts as WR6 as a returner. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, fully expecting RayRay to surrender his uni#, our WRs are #s 10, 14, 15, 16 & 19? With the QB wearing 17? Hell, give McCloud #13 and the highly likely rookie 18. That’ll just leave 11 & the retired #12 not on the roster.

Gone are days of 80 & 83.

Lofton/Reed

Moulds/Price

Andre Roberts is #18

19 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Andre Roberts is #18

Best return guy the Bills have had in a decade or more.  A real pro imho.  Others are the return game are all below this guy.  So, he m akes the roster, but maybe just as a special teams guy and diasaster  receiver.

Still believe that they will draft one in rounds 2-4 who will make the team and if Roberts is a given as return man that leaves McKenzie, D. WIlliams, Foster, Ray-Ray, maybe a round 6-7 draft pick or other vet FA to battle for the last spot in the WR group:

1. Diggs

2. Brown

3. Beasley

4. Draft pick round 2, 3 or 4

5. Roberts

6. Open competition (see above)

Edited by jwhit34
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was hoping for this. He's a valuable player in spite of being a notch down on the depth chart. Very versatile, good quick change of direction, makes explosive plays, good in the lateral deception game this offense likes to employ...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a 5th rd pick so not sure how much that equates to

RFA - After 1st & 2nd round tenders, in 2020 it goes to: Original-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $2.133 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Then.... the tender amount increases each year by the same rate of increase as the NFL salary cap, at a minimum of five percent and a maximum of 10 percent.

The RFA tender would be significantly higher than the vet minimum. For example:  Players with seven or more years of experience will have a minimum salary of $1.05 million in 2020 under the new deal.

Edited by jabu

I'm shocked there weren't a few negative comments*, knowing how some post on this forum. For what was obviously less than tendering him as a FA, they managed to keep him around. A great signing, even if he doesn't end up sticking on the roster to start the season**. I'm guessing he will.  

Well done (so far) Bills fans.

* There was one less than intelligent comment:  ("Camp Fodder") which seems odd for a guy who played in nearly every game last year and started in eight.

**If there is a season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a 5th rd pick so not sure how much that equates to

edit 2.13 mill

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

There are different ways to sign a RFA.

Not sure but i'm willing to bet that the Bills are going to use "Right of 1st refusal" which allows them to sign for vet minimum.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/8/14834554/nfl-restricted-free-agents-rules-tender-amounts

What makes a restricted free agent different?

Unlike an unrestricted free agent who can either re-sign with their current team or test the open market and go elsewhere, restricted free agents are tied down unless a team allows them to become an unrestricted free agent.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent that usually keeps those players from leaving.

1. First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
  2. Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
  3. Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.
  4. Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thrilled! I figured he wouldn’t be signed back, but thrilled he is. Rewatching last years games, he’s very adept at running.

i should know better than to take anything C.Biscuit97 says seriously..?‍♂️

So, fully expecting RayRay to surrender his uni#, our WRs are #s 10, 14, 15, 16 & 19? With the QB wearing 17? Hell, give McCloud #13 and the highly likely rookie 18. That’ll just leave 11 & the retired #12 not on the roster.

Gone are days of 80 & 83.

Lofton/Reed

Moulds/Price

Uhuh!!! 18 is reserved for Kupp