Bills re-sign Isiah McKenzie

WMDman

On 3/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, John from Riverside said:

He is a gadget guy especially at his size

i can think of a lot of wr we had on this team that def sucked

if they use him correct he can make plays just stop throwing him end zone boundary passes

Mac brings speed to the offense and in the NFL speed alone can make a couple of plays here and there. Speed is also something you can design specific plays around which adds a small dimension to the offense. To me he is a solid gadget play guy. 2 to 3 touches a game with some sweep fakes and other diversions thrown in. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Mac brings speed to the offense and in the NFL speed alone can make a couple of plays here and there. Speed is also something you can design specific plays around which adds a small dimension to the offense. To me he is a solid gadget play guy. 2 to 3 touches a game with some sweep fakes and other diversions thrown in. 

I would like him to expand his game, but this is all true. He absolutely can break one

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

I would like him to expand his game, but this is all true. He absolutely can break one

I wish he would expand his game but some guys are just athletes who can't for whatever reason expand their skillset and as the old adage says you can't teach speed. I think his current value is as a WR 5 who has a few plays designed for him with the added value of being a backup kick returner. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I wish he would expand his game but some guys are just athletes who can't for whatever reason expand their skillset and as the old adage says you can't teach speed. I think his current value is as a WR 5 who has a few plays designed for him with the added value of being a backup kick returner. 

I was okay with him not returning, and i am okay with him back on the team. Certainly will cheer for him. He has skills for sure beyond speed.

I didn't see his Combine profile posted anywhere and this seems a good a place as any:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/isaiah-mckenzie?id=2558129

What stands out is that while is he fast, posted a Combine 4.42, he is actually SLOWER than RB Jonathon Taylor from Wisconsin who posted a 4.39. That is not an indictment against McKenzie, but rather a startling eye-opening fact about Taylor. Imagine a larger, stronger, faster McKeznie who has quick cuts and solid frame. By comparison, Tyreek Hill's Pro Day produced a 4.29 for the 40 while being about the same size as McKenzie, but a little heavier. That's just a way of saying that while I think McKenzie "could" offer something electric to the Offense, it needs to be specifically schemed for him which makes his use within the system a bit more cumbersome, IMO. 

(Interesting note: in Hill's Combine profile it mentions his conviction for assaulting his girlfriend....history, does indeed repeat itself).

Well,  being that they in effect fired him and rehired him for less money I don’t think he is considered a key guy, he may not make the team. Being that they resigned DW last year for two year deal, I suspect they don’t hold IM as important of a piece on the team. Okay signing but nothing to write home about.

Go Bills!!!

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well,  being that they in effect fired him and rehired him for less money I don’t think he is considered a key guy, he may not make the team. Being that they resigned DW last year for two year deal, I suspect they don’t hold IM as important of a piece on the team. Okay signing but nothing to write home about.

Go Bills!!!

while it is true , he may be nothing to write home to Mom about. he has been and is again a Buffalo Bill.
so we will root for him and wish him/Bills well this season.

seems like another Good Kid who can make some plays.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

while it is true , he may be nothing to write home to Mom about. he has been and is again a Buffalo Bill.
so we will root for him and wish him/Bills well this season.

seems like another Good Kid who can make some plays.

Good points all, ? him DW, RF etc, are guys that are in tuff positions as 4th 5th 6th or 7th receivers, all lower value guys, that we all hope bring it on game day. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:12 PM, Don Otreply said:

Good points all, ? him DW, RF etc, are guys that are in tuff positions as 4th 5th 6th or 7th receivers, all lower value guys, that we all hope bring it on game day. 

Go Bills!!!

and i would not be surprised if Bills do not draft WR to push both those guys hard for a spot. Different types of players in Duke and Robert. Call me carzy but i can imagine Bills drafting two. one earlier and one later on. Creating competition for both the guys you mentioned. They both need to play better or get upgraded imho

ty Don