Bills re-sign Isiah McKenzie

WMDman

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Love this signing. With OTAs most likely being canceled and IMO training camp getting delayed or cut down having guys that know the system and have produced at the WR is very important. Bringing in a rookie and asking him to learn and get on the same page with Josh in a shortened offseason is a lot to ask. This signing help the Bills. 

How much and How long is his contract???

We don't know yet but almost certainly a 1 year contract for vet minimum which I think is about $825k for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I would have been surprised if they didn't bring him back. Honestly I would have expected another team to show interest. He's a decent gadget guy with experience on special teams as well. Maybe there was some interest but McKenzie wanted to come back.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thrilled! I figured he wouldn’t be signed back, but thrilled he is. Rewatching last years games, he’s very adept at running.

i should know better than to take anything C.Biscuit97 says seriously..?‍♂️

So, fully expecting RayRay to surrender his uni#, our WRs are #s 10, 14, 15, 16 & 19? With the QB wearing 17? Hell, give McCloud #13 and the highly likely rookie 18. That’ll just leave 11 & the retired #12 not on the roster.

Gone are days of 80 & 83.

Lofton/Reed

Moulds/Price

Diggs will be doing those running plays this year, if there is a year. Or maybe not.....want to keep the wear and tear down on your #1 receiver.

Edited by bigK14094
Add content

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thrilled! I figured he wouldn’t be signed back, but thrilled he is. Rewatching last years games, he’s very adept at running.

i should know better than to take anything C.Biscuit97 says seriously..?‍♂️

So, fully expecting RayRay to surrender his uni#, our WRs are #s 10, 14, 15, 16 & 19? With the QB wearing 17? Hell, give McCloud #13 and the highly likely rookie 18. That’ll just leave 11 & the retired #12 not on the roster.

Gone are days of 80 & 83.

Lofton/Reed

Moulds/Price

yeah, I liked the 80's # for receivers.  I think Duke has an 80's number.  

• Like (+1) 1

I guess we won't be needing any additional corner back depth now! Seriously - I thought it was fun when McKenzie stepped in at cornerback when we were in a personnel pinch last year. It also says a lot about the young man's attitude that he was willing to do it - not to mention that it also shows a lot about how the coaching staff feels about him. Never know how things will work out in the cut throat world of the NFL - but  hope things work out well for this guy, whether it be with the Bills (hopefully) or elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, I liked the 80's # for receivers.  I think Duke has an 80's number.  

Yeah, it’s not exclusive, just odd. I’m not sure there’s room on the roster now for a never-has-been CFLer.. Nice story though, from yesteryear.

28 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Diggs will be doing those running plays this year, if there is a year.

Nah, he’s needed DOWNFIELD!

35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good re-sign. I’m not sure he makes the team, but competition at the bottom of the receiver depth chart is not a bad thing to have and this dude adds a unique skill set. 

I think he will make it but it is more of a question mark than last year when I was adamant the whole way through that he was all but a lock. 

• Like (+1) 2

I still think we may draft a WR, but at this point I'd be surprised if it's with our 2nd round pick

At this point we are pretty well stocked with:

1. Stefon Diggs

2. John Brown

3. Cole Beasley

4. Isaiah McKenzie

5. Andre Roberts

6. Duke Williams

7. Robert Foster

Knowing most teams don't keep more than 6 WR's on the final roster, any WR drafted will likely have to bump one of McKenzie, Williams, Roberts or Foster off the roster.  Not saying that won't be a possibility, but there are other positions on the team (DE, CB, RB, OL) that are higher on the priority list.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Estro said:

I still think we may draft a WR, but at this point I'd be surprised if it's with our 2nd round pick

1. Stefon Diggs

2. John Brown

3. Cole Beasley

4. Isaiah McKenzie

5. Duke Williams

6. Robert Foster

Knowing most teams don't keep more than 6 WR's on the final roster, any WR drafted will likely have to bump one of McKenzie, Williams or Foster off the roster.  Not saying that won't be a possibility, but there are other positions on the team (DE, CB, RB, OL) that are higher on the priority list.

I think there’s very little chance that Andre Roberts isn’t on the final roster 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

1. Stefon Diggs

2. John Brown

3. Cole Beasley

4. Isaiah McKenzie

5. Duke Williams

6. Robert Foster

Knowing most teams don't keep more than 6 WR's on the final roster, any WR drafted will likely have to bump one of McKenzie, Williams or Foster off the roster.  Not saying that won't be a possibility, but there are other positions on the team (DE, CB, RB, OL) that are higher on the priority list.

I agree with the bold but I would add WR to your list.

I think as of now those 5 positions will be highly considered in the 1st 4 picks for Beane.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think there’s very little chance that Andre Roberts isn’t on the final roster 

Agree. Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. With the 55 man limit there might now be space for 7 including Roberts as their primary return man. If they draft a guy (still think they will somewhere) then I expect it to come down to McKenzie, Foster and Duke for 2 spots.... as it essentially did last year. But they could have company in that chase from UDFAs who in any other year are drafted receivers and will likely be more effective competition from Sills and Easley. 

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am happy to see this.   He is good on those jet sweeps and a good depth receiver just don't count on him to catch corner end zone passes

While I still think Claypool is in play.....this also makes me think our 2nd round pick could be edge or running back

You may be correct.  DE, RB, CB, or even O-line could still be in play at pick 54 based on BPA.  I'm more inclined to believe RB or WR in rounds 3 or 4.

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree with the bold but I would add WR to your list.

I think as of now those 5 positions will be highly considered in the 1st 4 picks for Beane.

I hope not. We seem to be fairly stacked at #2WR. And, I doubt there will be a really dynamic WR by pick #54.