Cam to be released today

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I could see Cam sitting out a year.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Along with the rest of the league.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Very possible.

Very possibly not of his choosing either..

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I would be in favor of this happening, as I have always thought very little of Cam as a player, and even less socially as he is a drama queen.

Yeah, I hate former MVPs and SB qbs too.  

I never got the hate Cam has gotten.  I bet a lot of the people who don’t like him are very similar looking.  Brady screams at his coaches - passionate.  Rivers talks crap to an opponent - competitor.  Rodgers has a td celebration- confident.  Newton does the same - cocky jerk who isn’t about the team.

i hope he is healthy and signs with a good team.  Guy is a baller and what we should hope Allen comes close to being. 

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why all the love for Cam Newton on this board??  At this point in his career he is no better then Andy Dalton (at best) with a much worse attitude.  When he refused to dive for the loose ball after he fumbled in the Super Bowl, he lost me and I bet a lot of his teammates.  In fact I would much rather have Jameis Winston over Cam.  Plays with more passion and has more upside.  Cam has always been about Cam first and foremost.  Noone is just going to give him a starting gig at this point.  He is going to have to earn it.  Is he any better then Fitzie at this point in their careers?  Seriously.  But it will be exciting to see a name guy trying to get back on top.  Like Brady in TB, Rivers in Indy, Foles in Chicago and Bridgewater in Carolina.  As for Tyrod in LA....not so much.  

MVP 

SB

Heisman

National championship 

Most rushing yards for a qb 

rookie passing records

hell, we are building a statue for Allen who can’t sniff Newton’s resume.  

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think bringing him in gives you a backup that allows you to play the exact same system and might be a lateral move from starter to backup. Josh also is constantly at high risk of injury. I know it’s a bonus thought here but You can also experiment with both qbs on the field at the same time. I’d love it. 

Seriously?  I don't think Cam is that great, but he is going to be a starter somewhere.  There is zero chance he is signing with Buffalo to ride the bench.  Likely he will end up on the Pats unless they are trying to lose every game.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd be interested in Dalton, Flacco, Cam, and Winston in that order.  Hey Beane, what if Allen doesn't work out or gets hurt this year?  You willing to sacrifice next season and possibly your job after doing nearly everything else right by relying on Matt fricken Barkley.

What if Allen works out and stays healthy?  Who do you want in the locker room?  The only guy mentioned that fits the culture, in my opinion, is Dalton.  I don't want the other three sitting on the bench.  I don't think that would work.

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

itʻs gonna be Denver... John Elway is running on fumes and he needs a back up plan should Lock crap out

I would love this

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I hate former MVPs and SB qbs too.  

I never got the hate Cam has gotten.  I bet a lot of the people who don’t like him are very similar looking.  Brady screams at his coaches - passionate.  Rivers talks crap to an opponent - competitor.  Rodgers has a td celebration- confident.  Newton does the same - cocky jerk who isn’t about the team.

i hope he is healthy and signs with a good team.  Guy is a baller and what we should hope Allen comes close to being. 

MVP 

SB

Heisman

National championship 

Most rushing yards for a qb 

rookie passing records

hell, we are building a statue for Allen who can’t sniff Newton’s resume.  

I stand with the dissenters who like Newton. Sure he's got a big ego and he backs it up too. It ain't bragging if you do it. He broke Peyton Manning's rookie passing records and people are comparing him to Andy Dalton. Those people can get their eyesight checked when they get their Covid 19 tests. He brought a mediocre offensive squad to a SB and it was all him - junk receivers and RBs. Flamboyant wardrobes don't make you a thug. If he regains his health he can have a John Elway type career. I predict a Kurt Warner like resurgence on his next assignment - as long as it isn't Cincy. 

• Like (+1) 2

So signing good veteran players is ok unless it's at QB? Would it hurt Josh's feelings? Best player should play. If Cam came in and beat him out (does anyone doubt that he would?) then he deserves to play. We should always be looking to improve at all positions. If Josh is the franchise QB then he should have no problem beating out a washed up Cam Newton right? Not sure why it should be any different than any other position/player.

Tom Brady would be the first to say he succeeded because he didn't take his spot for granted for one second. He knew if he didn't perform that Belichick would have no problem replacing him. They drafted QB's all the time, always looking to improve. Not sure why other teams feel the need to baby their QB and are scared to hurt their feelings. If a good player is available and he wants to come in on a prove it deal then why wouldn't we be looking to improve at all positions?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So signing good veteran players is ok unless it's at QB? Would it hurt Josh's feelings? Best player should play. If Cam came in and beat him out (does anyone doubt that he would?) then he deserves to play. We should always be looking to improve at all positions. If Josh is the franchise QB then he should have no problem beating out a washed up Cam Newton right? Not sure why it should be any different than any other position/player.

Tom Brady would be the first to say he succeeded because he didn't take his spot for granted for one second. He knew if he didn't perform that Belichick would have no problem replacing him. They drafted QB's all the time, always looking to improve. Not sure why other teams feel the need to baby their QB and are scared to hurt their feelings. If a good player is available and he wants to come in on a prove it deal then why wouldn't we be looking to improve at all positions?

Cam wants no part of Buffalo and why would he?

38 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

What if Allen works out and stays healthy?  Who do you want in the locker room?  The only guy mentioned that fits the culture, in my opinion, is Dalton.  I don't want the other three sitting on the bench.  I don't think that would work.

Obviously you'll ideally have them on a one year deal and pay them top backup money.  The Saints paid Bridgewater 7.5 million last year and it worked out just fine for them when Brees got injured.  The Steelers pry wish they had that much foresight. 

I wouldn't mind paying top money for a backup on a one year deal because Josh Allen is still a wildcard in my mind and may hold this talented team back if he regresses like Trubisky did..or...his style of play makes him more prone to injury and if that happens are season is basically over with only having Barkley and some practice squad QB on our roster.  That may have been okay last year as our roster on the offensive side of the ball wasn't good enough to compete with the top teams in the AFC anyways.  However, with the addition of Diggs and a likely upgrade at RB we should be able to compete with a borderline starting quality QB as our backup if we can find one.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Obviously you'll ideally have them on a one year deal and pay them top backup money.  The Saints paid Bridgewater 7.5 million last year and it worked out just fine for them when Brees got injured.  The Steelers pry wish they had that much foresight. 

I wouldn't mind paying top money for a backup on a one year deal because Josh Allen is still a wildcard in my mind and may hold this talented team back if he regresses like Trubisky did..or...his style of play makes him more prone to injury and if that happens are season is basically over with only having Barkley and some practice squad QB on our roster.  That may have been okay last year as our roster on the offensive side of the ball wasn't good enough to compete with the top teams in the AFC anyways.  However, with the addition of Diggs and a likely upgrade at RB we should be able to compete with a borderline starting quality QB as our backup if we can find one.

This team, with another quality RB, would be able to go at least .500 with Dalton. If allen goes down and we're 5-2, that's what we'd need.