Cam to be released today

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

New England is going through cap problems they can’t afford him and I highly doubt The Emperor would wanna deal with Newton’s ego lol. Miami , Jacksonville seem like more realistic choices for newton. But before anyone signs him he has to pass the physical, idk if he’s still banged up

Well, the Emperor dealt with Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Brown, Tebow, Josh Gordon, and Tom Brady, for that matter. I'd say he knows how to deal with a head case.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I might be in the minority but i don’t think newton was ever that good of a QB. Once you take away his athleticism he’s mediocre at best. He’s not a good pocket passer and only puts up good stats against bad teams. No leadership skills and a premadonna attitude to go with it. Was never a Cam Newton fan, especially after he threw some kids computer out the window while at Auburn 

Wonder how desperate Doug Moron is down there in Jacksonville lol. He himself has to know that Minshew  is not the answer

This I agree with.

15 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He coached Lawrence Taylor.  Cam Newton is nothing like L.T. off the field.  And L.T. had a serious ego too.  Most players do, let alone the top players in the game.  Belicheck's cup-o-tea is winning.  Cam could wind up there.

Not sure what LT has to do with this. My only point is it doesn't seem like a good fit. 

Also, not so sure that going Cam is the winning formula.

But, hey...they need a QB. Anything's possible.

24 minutes ago, Cal said:

Hopefully NE don't get him

Concerns me not

14 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, the Emperor dealt with Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Brown, Tebow, Josh Gordon, and Tom Brady, for that matter. I'd say he knows how to deal with a head case.

This I agree with.

I'm guessing it's easier to deal with these types when Brady is on your roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

What’s left is probably for their rookies. They don’t have enough for any more free agents, and they never signed a RB lol

After accounting for rookie salaries, they still have like $17-18 million in space.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

LAC seems like the most likely, IMO.  has a great TE, good WR’s, and somewhat upgraded but still sub-standard O-line.  LAC has to be in on him.  They cant possibly be thinking of TT in week 1.  TT is a great backup though. 

This.

If Cam wants to resurrect his career, this is his best place. Plug and play and hope for the best.

I would maintain that Dalton would be the better option for any of the franchises in need of a QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Not sure what LT has to do with this. My only point is it doesn't seem like a good fit. 

Also, not so sure that going Cam is the winning formula.

But, hey...they need a QB. Anything's possible.

Concerns me not

Folks talk about Cam not being BB type of player.  Lawrence Taylor is an example of an outsized personality and one with personal issues to boot.  BB coached him successfully.  Why not Cam who has the outsized personality but none of the off field baggage?

They have no cap and they’re gutting their roster. I say they’re tanking 

LT was a drug addict, but BB wasn’t the HC of the giants either he didn’t have to deal with the players in the same way Parcells had to. Also Pats don’t have any cap room to sign Newton. 

He dealt with Grimm and his personality.  The cap room is an issue, but I think that is the only outwardly legit issue.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

New England is going through cap problems they can’t afford him and I highly doubt The Emperor would wanna deal with Newton’s ego lol. Miami , Jacksonville seem like more realistic choices for newton. But before anyone signs him he has to pass the physical, idk if he’s still banged up

Chargers?

Just now, purple haze said:

Folks talk about Cam not being BB type of player.  Lawrence Taylor is an example of an outsized personality and one with personal issues to boot.  BB coached him successfully.  Why not Cam who has the outsized personality but none of the off field baggage?

He did so as DC a looooooong time ago.

As HC and at the position Cam plays, I don't see it. BB has the ultimate in stability these past 2 decades at the most important position. Dalton would be a better fit, imo.

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not the case...Dalton is WAY better than Kyle Allen (as an example). Same thing

Additionally, Cam is coming over the injuries and there are no more physicals by the NFL. Who would trade for that contract without medicals? Nobody, which is why he’s being released.

I get that. Guess the money for unknown health status is just too much for even a late rd draft pick. 

I know the Patriots connection seems off of the surface, but remember that Newton best years came under Mike Shula in the Erhardt Perkins system...what we and the Patriots run. So he would be very familiar with the system. 

The Broncos thing makes sense because of the presence of Mike Shula as the quarterbacks coach. 

Chargers seem like the no brainer, but I guess they aren’t going to go down that road. 

For Miami, remember that Chan Gailey is their new OC, and I think Cam fits a lot of what Chan likes to do. 

Darkhorse for me is the Steelers. I think Mike Tomlin would be able to get the best out of Cam and he could replace Big Ben next season. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I might be in the minority but i don’t think newton was ever that good of a QB. Once you take away his athleticism he’s mediocre at best. He’s not a good pocket passer and only puts up good stats against bad teams. No leadership skills and a premadonna attitude to go with it. Was never a Cam Newton fan, especially after he threw some kids computer out the window while at Auburn 

Two things that I think you are being unfair on- discounting his athleticism is weak because he was a supreme athlete and if he did not use it then he never would have been a QB. Second his stats were good against good teams for several years. Lastly minor point- the computer throwing incident was at University of Florida. Overall though I want no piece of 2020 Cam.