Cam to be released today

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I could see him as a Bronco.

Nah, they’re rolling with Lock as their starter

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

If Rivera wants no part of him in Washington, not a good sign for Cam.  No demand for diva QB’s who are always hurt and haven’t played well in a couple years.  

I think Washington might draft someone this year to compete with Haskins

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

If they are bad with Belichick still around then I'd want him around for a few more years of torture. I wanted that for Brady too, but he saw the writing on the wall and wanted out.

I think he has a losing record without Brady as his starter, I know he went 5-11 back to back while Bledsoe was under center and he didn’t do much in Cleveland with either Kosar or Testaverde 

21 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

What a fall from grace for that organization. I lived in Statesville area for many years and they always seemed to be a well run team. My how times have changed!

If Tepper and company leave an open seat at the Poker table,Take it!!!!

Easy Money to be made there???

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Buccaneers have zero cap room, that all went into Brady’s pocket. Hell they can’t even resign some of the major players in their defense. Idk where they’re gonna find the money to sign their rookies

They have roughly $20 million in cap space still. They won't touch Cam though...that just doesn't make any sense.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I might be in the minority but i don’t think newton was ever that good of a QB. Once you take away his athleticism he’s mediocre at best. He’s not a good pocket passer and only puts up good stats against bad teams. No leadership skills and a premadonna attitude to go with it. Was never a Cam Newton fan, especially after he threw some kids computer out the window while at Auburn 

Wonder how desperate Doug Moron is down there in Jacksonville lol. He himself has to know that Minshew  is not the answer

I think you're very much in the majority but I believe people find it easy to dislike Cam and put down his QB play. Even counting a good (not great) D led by DC McD, he got that team to the SB with a no-name receiving core an average OL and a 15-1 record.

Just 2 years ago he took over a game in Baltimore giving them a beating. He routinely had 300 yard games and dragged the Panthers over the line.

He was a very good franchise QB not in the traditional mold. Funnily, a good equivalent when it comes to putting him down and not accepting his actual achievements is Josh Allen. Of course Newton's persona is much more of a liability than Josh.

The problem here is not just last season. The previous season he missed the last 8 games. Then he made a youtube video where he basically admitted that he lied to staff about how much paIn he was in going into the season. He's destroyed his own credibility.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I might be in the minority but i don’t think newton was ever that good of a QB. Once you take away his athleticism he’s mediocre at best. He’s not a good pocket passer and only puts up good stats against bad teams. No leadership skills and a premadonna attitude to go with it. Was never a Cam Newton fan, especially after he threw some kids computer out the window while at Auburn 

Wonder how desperate Doug Moron is down there in Jacksonville lol. He himself has to know that Minshew  is not the answer

I have to admit i enjoyed the Minshew mania or whatever it is they called it last year, it was a lot of fun.  He proved once again a QB in the NFL can have success, just depends for how long, a few games or a career.  

3 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

I think you're very much in the majority but I believe people find it easy to dislike Cam and put down his QB play. Even counting a good (not great) D led by DC McD, he got that team to the SB with a no-name receiving core an average OL and a 15-1 record.

Just 2 years ago he took over a game in Baltimore giving them a beating. He routinely had 300 yard games and dragged the Panthers over the line.

He was a very good franchise QB not in the traditional mold. Funnily, a good equivalent when it comes to putting him down and not accepting his actual achievements is Josh Allen. Of course Newton's persona is much more of a liability than Josh.

The problem here is not just last season. The previous season he missed the last 8 games. Then he made a youtube video where he basically admitted that he lied to staff about how much paIn he was in going into the season. He's destroyed his own credibility.

And because of that I think teams will be very weary of signing him, I still say Miami because of location and because his athleticism would definitely fit in Gailey’s system. But of course it all boils down if he can pass the physical or if his body is completely banged up to hell

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

still...a "franchise" QB should have suitors, regardless of contract.

Not the case...Dalton is WAY better than Kyle Allen (as an example). Same thing

Additionally, Cam is coming off the injuries and there are no more physicals by the NFL. Who would trade for that contract without medicals? Nobody, which is why he’s being released.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I would think both Miami and New England would be interested. Last week it was reported that McDaniels wanted him so wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up in New England. Jacksonville is another team to keep an eye on with the trade of Foles.

He can't go to New England they have no cap space

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have to admit i enjoyed the Minshew mania or whatever it is they called it last year, it was a lot of fun.  He proved once again a QB in the NFL can have success, just depends for how long, a few games or a career.  

Minshew has too much a noodle arm to last a career, could be an effective back up but as a starter? I highly doubt it 

51 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

This seems like the default position but I don't think he's BB cup-o-tea

He coached Lawrence Taylor.  Cam Newton is nothing like L.T. off the field.  And L.T. had a serious ego too.  Most players do, let alone the top players in the game.  Belicheck's cup-o-tea is winning.  Cam could wind up there.

Edited by purple haze

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This is what Ive been thinking.  Its either Cam or tank.

They have no cap and they’re gutting their roster. I say they’re tanking 

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He coached Lawrence Taylor.  Cam Newton is nothing like L.T. off the field.  And L.T. had a serious ego too.  Most players do, let alone the top players in the game.  Belicheck's cup-o-tea is winning.  Cam could wind up there.

LT was a drug addict, but BB wasn’t the HC of the giants either he didn’t have to deal with the players in the same way Parcells had to. Also Pats don’t have any cap room to sign Newton. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They have no cap and they’re gutting their roster. I say they’re tanking 

With him getting cut I assume the Panthers are still on the hook for future money.  Cam proves he can still play and can cash in next year.  Its a possible marriage thats all.  

Edited by Mat68