Cam to be released today

The other issue with Cam right now (or previously with a trade) is that any team who wants him would want to do a physical to see how he is progressing with his injuries. He missed 14 games last year. Will that scare teams off and lower his market if they can't get him in for a physical right now?

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, folz said:

The other issue with Cam right now (or previously with a trade) is that any team who wants him would want to do a physical to see how he is progressing with his injuries. Does that scare teams off and lower his market if they can't get him in for a physical right now?

good point

5 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

The way they handled it he was always going to be cut. Deluded Panthers fans were still telling themselves yesterday that he was worth a 3rd.

His next problem is does he see himself as starter. Because nobody will want the drama he brings, the threat to a current QB, the injury risk or the price tag. 

Can he accept back up money? I don't think his ego will accept that fall from grace. I think he will retire.

That to is an option, we just saw Fredrick retire due to health complications wouldn’t be surprised if Newton goes down the same road, especially if he can’t find the money he’s looking for. I still stick with my theory that he signs in Miami pending the physical of course. If he fails the physical I can see that forcing him into retirement as well

Personally, I like Cam. Solid player. Even now. 

But, does he have the personality to you that indicates he’d be content as a backup? He’s got a larger than life personality. A personality and ego so big it could divide a locker room at any bumps in the road with Josh. I’m not suggesting we stick with Barkley this year as backup, but Cam and his accomplishments are a threat to Josh. Josh has to be looking forward all year, as it is a critical year in his development. Not over his shoulder. Can’t see them going down that road even if he is a former Panther. 

If I'm Bruce Arians, I'm checking him out to see if he would take an incentive laden deal (assuming they have the cap space). He can sit behind Brady, heal fully  and take over when Brady's gone or hurt. Seems like BA and Cam would get along nicely. Plus he'd play CAR twice a year.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

If I'm Bruce Arians, I'm checking him out to see if he would take an incentive laden deal (assuming they have the cap space). He can sit behind Brady, heal fully  and take over when Brady's gone or hurt. Seems like BA and Cam would get along nicely.

Buccaneers have zero cap room, that all went into Brady’s pocket. Hell they can’t even resign some of the major players in their defense. Idk where they’re gonna find the money to sign their rookies

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The Panther’s front office is a clown show.

They left themselves no leverage in any trade and teams new it. 
     Why would you take on a 21 million contract when he was going to obviously get cut?

I think he ends up with NE or the Chargers.

He wants to start

What a fall from grace for that organization. I lived in Statesville area for many years and they always seemed to be a well run team. My how times have changed!

33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

In a real sense, I don't know if I would hate signing him if there is no market for him... I understand all the reasons not to, and I don't care either way... But he's known, he'd fit our offense, and if he's still rehabbing we've shown to have the facility for that... High level backup/insurance and or trade bait later? It's an interesting idea... 

it all boils down to the physical.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They can’t afford him plus BB is not dealing with his attitude or ego

100 bucks says they roll with Tyrod since he’s being paid and they roll with a rookie in the draft. Plus newton turned down a trade to the chargers

I say he’s signing with Miami. They reportedly said they want to go into the season with 4 QBS on their roster. Assuming they don’t trade Rosen 

No one is trading for Rosen unless they want a 7th...maybe

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Personally, I like Cam. Solid player. Even now. 

But, does he have the personality to you that indicates he’d be content as a backup? He’s got a larger than life personality. A personality and ego so big it could divide a locker room at any bumps in the road with Josh. I’m not suggesting we stick with Barkley this year as backup, but Cam and his accomplishments are a threat to Josh. Josh has to be looking forward all year, as it is a critical year in his development. Not over his shoulder. Can’t see them going down that road even if he is a former Panther. 

Honestly I might be in the minority but i don’t think newton was ever that good of a QB. Once you take away his athleticism he’s mediocre at best. He’s not a good pocket passer and only puts up good stats against bad teams. No leadership skills and a premadonna attitude to go with it. Was never a Cam Newton fan, especially after he threw some kids computer out the window while at Auburn 

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No one is trading for Rosen unless they want a 7th...maybe

Wonder how desperate Doug Moron is down there in Jacksonville lol. He himself has to know that Minshew  is not the answer

I'm not surprised given the amount of cash he would cost against their cap & the new HC looking forward not back just don't know who would be looking to a Cam Newton for their immediate future .

The guy was a good player & i liked what he did in college but not so much in the NFL with his number 1 on his jersey & his superman celebration just never liked his schizophrenic attitude from when he would win to when he would lose just always seemed to be a spoiled, over paid primal donna to me sure he is talented but not my cup of tea .

Someone will pick him up i would imagine .

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

What a fall from grace for that organization. I lived in Statesville area for many years and they always seemed to be a well run team. My how times have changed!

A good organization needs a talent pipeline when they lose talent.  Seems like losing Beane and others hurt Carolina.

One of the under rated efforts by Beane is to create depth in the front office talent pool.  This will protect the organization when someone moves on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I would think both Miami and New England would be interested. Last week it was reported that McDaniels wanted him so wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up in New England. Jacksonville is another team to keep an eye on with the trade of Foles.

New England has no cap space so they'd have to do some restructuring.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

I'm not surprised given the amount of cash he would cost against their cap & the new HC looking forward not back just don't know who would be looking to a Cam Newton for their immediate future .

The guy was a good player & i liked what he did in college but not so much in the NFL with his number 1 on his jersey & his superman celebration just never liked his schizophrenic attitude from when he would win to when he would lose just always seemed to be a spoiled, over paid primal donna to me sure he is talented but not my cup of tea .

Someone will pick him up i would imagine .

I’m sure there will be suitors but like I said it all comes down if he passes his physical. 

10 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

If I'm Bruce Arians, I'm checking him out to see if he would take an incentive laden deal (assuming they have the cap space). He can sit behind Brady, heal fully  and take over when Brady's gone or hurt. Seems like BA and Cam would get along nicely. Plus he'd play CAR twice a year.

Hey cam, we know you’re a former MVP and led your team to the SB, but we think you can use some TB12 in your game.  Sit and learn from him for 2 years and you can be our starter when you turn 34.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

A good organization needs a talent pipeline when they lose talent.  Seems like losing Beane and others hurt Carolina.

One of the under rated efforts by Beane is to create depth in the front office talent pool.  This will protect the organization when someone moves on.

very much so agree with this! 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wonder if they cut Edelman since they cut Gostkowski. Hopefully this is the year that they’re so bad that Belichick will leave lol

If they are bad with Belichick still around then I'd want him around for a few more years of torture. I wanted that for Brady too, but he saw the writing on the wall and wanted out.

Just now, MJS said:

If they are bad with Belichick still around then I'd want him around for a few more years of torture. I wanted that for Brady too, but he saw the writing on the wall and wanted out.

100 percent agree. Brady saw the ***** show coming from a mile away and wanted no part of it.