Cam to be released today

In a real sense, I don't know if I would hate signing him if there is no market for him... I understand all the reasons not to, and I don't care either way... But he's known, he'd fit our offense, and if he's still rehabbing we've shown to have the facility for that... High level backup/insurance and or trade bait later? It's an interesting idea... 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

In a real sense, I don't know if I would hate signing him if there is no market for him... I understand all the reasons not to, and I don't care either way... But he's known, he'd fit our offense, and if he's still rehabbing we've shown to have the facility for that... High level backup/insurance and or trade bait later? It's an interesting idea... 

Agree - though I think he'll get a starting gig.

I think bringing him in gives you a backup that allows you to play the exact same system and might be a lateral move from starter to backup. Josh also is constantly at high risk of injury. I know it’s a bonus thought here but You can also experiment with both qbs on the field at the same time. I’d love it. 

• Like (+1) 2

I would think both Miami and New England would be interested. Last week it was reported that McDaniels wanted him so wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up in New England. Jacksonville is another team to keep an eye on with the trade of Foles.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I would think both Miami and New England would be interested. Last week it was reported that McDaniels wanted him so wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up in New England. Jacksonville is another team to keep an eye on with the trade of Foles.

New England is going through cap problems they can’t afford him and I highly doubt The Emperor would wanna deal with Newton’s ego lol. Miami , Jacksonville seem like more realistic choices for newton. But before anyone signs him he has to pass the physical, idk if he’s still banged up

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Did Cam have a no trade clause? Just find it interesting that they were able to trade their backup QB but not their "Franchise". 

The Panther’s front office is a clown show.

They left themselves no leverage in any trade and teams new it. 
     Why would you take on a 21 million contract when he was going to obviously get cut?

I think he ends up with NE or the Chargers.

He wants to start

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Probably going to NE

They can’t afford him plus BB is not dealing with his attitude or ego

Just now, inaugural balls said:

Chargers would be my guess

100 bucks says they roll with Tyrod since he’s being paid and they roll with a rookie in the draft. Plus newton turned down a trade to the chargers

I say he’s signing with Miami. They reportedly said they want to go into the season with 4 QBS on their roster. Assuming they don’t trade Rosen 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They can’t afford him plus BB is not dealing with his attitude or ego

100 bucks says they roll with Tyrod since he’s being paid and they roll with a rookie in the draft. Plus newton turned down a trade to the chargers

If that's the only starting gig, I'd be surprised if he didn't take it.

The way they handled it he was always going to be cut. Deluded Panthers fans were still telling themselves yesterday that he was worth a 3rd.

His next problem is does he see himself as starter. Because nobody will want the drama he brings, the threat to a current QB, the injury risk or the price tag. 

Can he accept back up money? I don't think his ego will accept that fall from grace. I think he will retire.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

New England is going through cap problems they can’t afford him and I highly doubt The Emperor would wanna deal with Newton’s ego lol. Miami , Jacksonville seem like more realistic choices for newton. But before anyone signs him he has to pass the physical, idk if he’s still banged up

that ego might have just been put in check!

the physical is going to be a problem for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

The way they handled it he was always going to be cut. Deluded Panthers fans were still telling themselves yesterday that he was worth a 3rd.

His next problem is does he see himself as starter. Because nobody will want the drama he brings, the threat to a current QB, the injury risk or the price tag. 

Can he accept back up money? I don't think his ego will accept that fall from grace. I think he will retire.

He views himself as a starter - he knows nothing else.

Whether or not it plays out this way is another story. 

• Like (+1) 1