When Buffalo Stood Atop the Sports World (new book)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085K6R2TR/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

41Hf8B0EVfL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

Just received my copy from Amazon - new book from Sal Maiorana about Buffalo's glory years in the early-mid 70s sports (Bills, Sabres, and Braves all ascending and for one glorious week all 3 were alone at the top of their leagues).

Looking forward to reliving a huge part of my youth growing up in Kenmore during this time.  I think I have some unaccounted-for time in my days coming up...

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I remember it well...going to Braves playoff games at the Aud was great

Man was Bob McAdoo a bad ass or what i hated it when the team left Buffalo i was young & just remember how he could take over a game ! That was definitely a good time for sports in WNY !! 

I wonder if they'll have the fog game at the Aud in the book all those guys skiing around to get it to lift off the ice & The French connection dang they are some good memories i may have to buy the book !! 

we had season tickets to the Braves in the oranges

after a Braves playoff game (I believe against the celtics-pretty sure we lost) the aud let people sleep  overnight in the corridors to get standing room only  sabre playoff tickets for the next days game (I think against Montreal-overtime win)

times have really changed in so many ways

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

we had season tickets to the Braves in the oranges

after a Braves playoff game (I believe against the celtics-pretty sure we lost) the aud let people sleep  overnight in the corridors to get standing room only  sabre playoff tickets for the next days game (I think against Montreal-overtime win)

times have really changed in so many ways

Good times indeed at the Aud! I need this book. 

So happy I bought these when I had the chance.

1?ui=2&ik=f8628fe528&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1662062344365193535&th=1710d4e56e70b93f&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8D-NuLhB5H94eyMfT64I3a_9mA6dH8-Qa1c5afkBTw1ZoigSQcqNt61h9YflrRHWYFhC8T44fltJi3eVpdu0UqgM2bs8-T2xSbTbzY2oq2ecInpxatWhHr3WE&disp=emb

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085K6R2TR/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

41Hf8B0EVfL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

Just received my copy from Amazon - new book from Sal Maiorana about Buffalo's glory years in the early-mid 70s sports (Bills, Sabres, and Braves all ascending and for one glorious week all 3 were alone at the top of their leagues).

Looking forward to reliving a huge part of my youth growing up in Kenmore during this time.  I think I have some unaccounted-for time in my days coming up...

I too grew up in Kenmore and recall the early/mid 70's also.

• Like (+1) 1

I had a track coach & teacher (Terrance McAdoo) here in NC who claimed to be a grandson of Bob McAdoos' after learning I was from the area. Never knew if it was true but I always assumed that lying about a 70s basketball player being your grandfather would be something silly. That being said I've always wanted a Braves blue and white, they are still awesome.

10 hours ago, nucci said:

This is a trip down memory lane. Thanks for posting man. We shared season tickets with 3 other families and the 10 home games a year we went to was where dad and I really bonded. I will never forget our ritual of high-fiving after McAdoo's patented  jump shots from way down town and after PA announcer Danny Neavereth would celebrate: 'That's TWO for MACaDOOOO!!!  Also loved local boy, Buff State star Randy Smith. Those were truly the days!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

This is a trip down memory lane. Thanks for posting man. We shared season tickets with 3 other families and the 10 home games a year we went to was where dad and I really bonded. I will never forget our ritual of high-fiving after McAdoo's patented  jump shots from way down town and after PA announcer Danny Neavereth would celebrate: 'That's TWO for MACaDOOOO!!!  Also loved local boy, Buff State star Randy Smith. Those were truly the days!

We shared season tickets for the Sabres in that era. Those orange level seats were like sitting on the side of a wall! Lean too far forward and you were a goner! 

• Like (+1) 1

...and I was hooked for Life.

1 hour ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

THANK YOU!!

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

We shared season tickets for the Sabres in that era. Those orange level seats were like sitting on the side of a wall! Lean too far forward and you were a goner! 

always scared I would fall from the oranges..going down the steps was terrifying as a kid

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

randy wasn’t really a local boy but that team was awesome and ahead of its time. They could’ve been the champs after they added Moses Malone but then they did Buffalo things.