Did I miss something? Diggs restructure?

eball

From this NY Post article linked on front page:

The Bills and Vikings eventually agreed on Buffalo sending a first-, fifth- and sixth-round pick in 2020 and a fourth-round pick in 2011 for Diggs and a seventh-rounder.

Diggs then ended up agreeing to a five-year extension worth $72 million and $40 million in guaranteed money with the Bills, who made the playoffs after second-place finish in the AFC East last season.

Huh? ?

3 minutes ago, eball said:

From this NY Post article linked on front page:

The Bills and Vikings eventually agreed on Buffalo sending a first-, fifth- and sixth-round pick in 2020 and a fourth-round pick in 2011 for Diggs and a seventh-rounder.

Diggs then ended up agreeing to a five-year extension worth $72 million and $40 million in guaranteed money with the Bills, who made the playoffs after second-place finish in the AFC East last season.

Huh? ?

Yeah, I believe that’s just poor wording on the part of The Post. If I’m not mistaken, Beane has already said they won’t restructure this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

As of now, as far as I’ve read, he’ll cost around $11.5 mil. This year, and $12 mil.  The next three years which is a steal for his quality.  Even if he did take $70 mil. For five years, is $14 mil. Which again is lower than the top caliber WR in the league.  This is the main reason Hopkins as they paid Watson, and Hopkins was going to want $18 mil. Per year.

My guess is if, and is definitely an if Diggs lives up to a superstar, Beane will consider a restructure after next year.

31 minutes ago, DFT said:

Hmmm...  Not sure where that info was gathered by Zews...  There’s been no mention outside of JW’s report of no imminent restructure.  I smell a retraction coming.  

Zews?

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s typical for them - they’re in the “facts don’t matter” camp of society.

Am I wrong or does this belong in another forum?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Poor wording in the article.

Separately, when we think of how manageable the contract cap hit is for a #1 receiver + the years we have left on the contract, any narrative on how the Bills overpaid is non sense.  Giving up the amount of picks for the talent Diggs brings, his fit in the offense plus the as mentioned attractive contract -> well worth the price the Bills paid.

• Like (+1) 1