Why didn’t the Texans trade Hopkins to the Patriots

It just seems strange that the Patriots couldn’t work out a deal with the Texans for Hopkins. I’ll pose several questions about this and maybe someone will have a take on it because I can’t figure it out. 

1. The cost for Hopkins obviously was a lot less than it was for Diggs but the Patriots made an attempt for Diggs but the Bills beat them out. Is Diggs the better WR? 

2. If there is any truth to Brady leaving because of the lack of quality WRs, then why didn’t the Patriots secure somebody to help Brady? Hmm, puzzling.

3. When the Patriots blocked Bill O’Brien and the  Texans from hiring Nick Caserio as their GM did that make a difference in O’Brien and Belichick’s relationship? It sure seems that way.

4. Here’s another question as a side note. Does anybody know if the Bills ever have any interest in Hopkins? If so were the Bills excluded as well because of the Brian Gaines connection?

Something just doesn’t add up here, there’s something fishy going on and as far as I know I haven’t or read anything that at least wonders to any great depth of what is really going between Houston, New England and the Hopkins trade. I really don’t know what went on with all of that and hopefully somebody has more light to shed on it. I ran across this article that just makes me even more suspicious of it.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2876036-patriots-rumors-nick-caserio-agrees-to-new-contract-after-texans-gm-buzz.amp.html

It seems O’Brien had some issues with Hopkins on a personal level. He wasn’t trading him to an AFC team ( for strategic reasons) and definitely not the most successful AFC team in recent history. No, Hopkins was being sent to an NFC outpost, and not exactly one that symbolizes winning football. A grudge was at work here. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It seems to me that the pats don’t have the cap room

You may be right but I was under the impression that it had more to do with the cost, they didn’t have enough capital to trade for Diggs, or didn’t want to pay that much for him. That’s what.’s puzzling, it seems that Hopkins was going for a whole bunch less. I’m not buying that O’Brien would only trade him outside of the conference either. I haven’t heard or read anything about that.